Veles

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I don't know if I'm called exactly but I keep seeing mentions to him because I don't think he's very well known deity at all. All I personally know that he is the Slavic god of the earth and underworld, and an opponent to Perun who is slightly more familiar to me.
The fact that he is an underworld god could mean that he has taken interest in me, and it would be interesting to work with Slavic deities, I have always been very much fascinated by the Slavic mythology.

So, does anyone her work with Veles or has anyone any experiences with him?

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I work with Veles. He's an... Interesting fellow. I've had a couple very wild experiences with him. When I think of him, I think of the Heart of the Forest, all that is wild and wet and primordial. I could speak more at length, but I'm always a little wary posting immortal experiences in public spaces. I wish we still had PMs :/

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I don't know if I'm called exactly but I keep seeing mentions to him because I don't think he's very well known deity at all.
I probably deleted something accidentally here. I meant to say I find it odd to see so many mentions of him when he's not a very well known deity, so perhaps it is a calling.
CerataPhthalma wrote:I work with Veles. He's an... Interesting fellow. I've had a couple very wild experiences with him. When I think of him, I think of the Heart of the Forest, all that is wild and wet and primordial. I could speak more at length, but I'm always a little wary posting immortal experiences in public spaces. I wish we still had PMs :/
I would be very interested to hear about your experiences. The Heart of the Forest sounds exactly like my thing, actually seems that Veles represents all the things I feel are at the forefront of my life at the moment.
Hopefully the PMs will male a return soon.

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:
Aurum wrote:I don't know if I'm called exactly but I keep seeing mentions to him because I don't think he's very well known deity at all.
I probably deleted something accidentally here. I meant to say I find it odd to see so many mentions of him when he's not a very well known deity, so perhaps it is a calling.
I think it's some kind of weird maxim that, when an "unusual" immortal makes a calling on one member of a meta community, they find their way to other members, as well. (Or, at least, that's what I've noticed... even if no one actually makes direct mention of the deity. They find a way.)

With Veles, he is the cool and wet of the earth mixed with the hot breath of life. He is a large, shaggy man with horns (sometimes many horns, of all different varieties)--or he is a dragon, coiled around a tree--or he is a tree that happens to look like a monster or a man. He does not often speak, but prefers to communicate as the animals do: through sound, images, smells, gestures--but when he does speak, it is the rumble of the earth, spoken through a fanged mouth that always seems to smile.

He appeared very suddenly and viscerally to me one night as I was going to sleep (as I make it a habit to say good-night to the deities I work with, even if I do nothing else), transporting my vision to the middle of an ancient forest at dusk. He was a tree-monster-man here (he liked the representation in one of the games I had been playing and borrowed bits and pieces of its image), and he simply stared at me for a moment. I expressed something negative, some sort of doubt about myself, and he reached out a massive finger and touched my chest. Always smiling, a crooked smile through root-like beard. And I understood myself to be more than I always tell myself I am. He helped me to understand my own worth (though I still struggle with this concept; even direct contact with a deity does not an instant healing make).

He is kind, but wild. Like Aslan of Narnia in some ways; "he is not a tame lion," but impossibly ancient, rooted deeply in the earth and fascinated with humanity and their interactions with the world around them. A guardian, a trickster, archetypes impossible to pin down because he changes from moment to moment. He is not human, but adjacent to humanity. He has much to teach, especially about nature in all of its incarnations, but it is an unorthodox method he uses. He likes the quiet, the stillness around the twilight hours.

(Of course, this is all my gnosis with him... someone else may have a very different experience. Hopefully this was helpful to you in some way.)

Return to “Immortals”