active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Having the choice which spirits to keep around, not having to worry about unbounds causing trouble, and having the protection of spirits who actually care about me, is a nice change of pace. At first I was mostly interested in having protection from unbounds and the added luck/prosperity, but I'm actually more astounded that they're helping me learn about myself and develop abilities I didn't know I had.

They are a true treasure, and I'm enjoying the learning process. Not to mention their company. ;)

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
SandraLynne1968
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I am not yet spirit keeping. I'm still trying to figure out if it is for me. I feel that starting at the "companion keeper" level is probably a good starting point for a newcomer. That being said, I am wondering if it is possible to bind with spirits of people I knew in life. If so, is there a process by which I can contact and bind with them myself? At the moment, I am in looking for just the right box for keeping spirits and then I will begin the journey of enchanting said box for my dearly beloved spirits.

ruis2002
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves of any race
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:There may be multiple answers to this question and that is perfectly normal. Spirit Keepers do so for companionship, to learn about different worlds & periods of time, to strengthen natural abilities, to develop extra abilities, to learn about spell casting, the paranormal & magic and a host of other reasons... the primary of which is just naturally being drawn to them.....

...... Some work with spirits in complement to their spell casting & magic because spirits can offer insight, assistance & support through energy & power. And most do so to share life & company.

I remember reading a book called "The Magical Use of Thought Forms" several years ago, and being interested in tulpas, but it was difficult to find much information about it online, so I think I donated the book, and forgot about it.

A few years later, I was reading "The Soulmate Secret" by Arielle Ford, and she talked about "feelingizations" and how she could almost feel the presence of her soulmate in the room before he manifested. I read another book by Kathryn Alice that mentions how it's important to create a "mental equivalent" of the thing you want to manifest.

So... I tried to manifest my soulmate by writing a simple summary of what he would be like and how I would know he had arrived. In the months before I met someone (who ultimately rejected me, so was a false soulmate in the end), I started having experiences of being held in the arms of someone not visibly present. I had a *very* definite feeling of a male entity holding me tightly in his arms, usually when I was in bed and feeling very depressed and low that I wasn't meeting anyone and hating being alone.

This entity-embrace occurred several times over the course of 4 or 5 months. Often enough, I thought I might be close to meeting my special guy.

In retrospect, I now wonder if I created a kind of servitor or incubus or some other type of thought form? I am interested in learning more about servitors, tulpas and other thought forms.

Has anyone else here ever created a thought form/being in this way? What would you call it? It wasn't exactly a servitor; it only appeared when I really needed a hug, and seemed to just want to comfort me.

I ordered a couple of custom servitors, and an incubus, from this website today and I'm eager to begin working with them and exploring this a lot more.

Thanks!

Ruis2002 <3 <3 <3

DiscreetGoddess
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still Learning
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Umbra
Zodiac:

I enjoy the paranormal, and I've always loved objects and beings with a paranormal feel/supernatural abilities. As for why I started to turn towards spirits is mainly for a purpose in life, and someone to do things for. I might eventually go more in depth, but for now I'd rather not.

Not all those that wonder are lost...but I sure am <3
LunarFelis
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Yokai/Selkie
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything cat-like!
My magical/paranormal name...: Selina

I've always been really interested in the Paranormal - I find it fascinating! - and I knew about Spirit Guides and even Spirits who would mentor folks on this plane. I never knew about those who simply wanted to be friends though - until my first Yokai Spirit showed up and attached himself to my little skeleton doll. He says it was out of curiosity (he wanted to be part of the stories etc I was creating with my doll) and he decided to stay xD
His twin brother showed up soon after, saying he wanted to make sure I was treating my friend well and seemed to enjoy the creativity - I think of them both as Muses as they inspire me so much! - so he stuck around too (and I fell totally in love with them both <3)
My Selkie boy was a pre-conjure and I felt an odd almost familiarity when I read his listing. He's such a sweet, gentle lad with a wicked sense of humour and I love him a lot.
Really, I started by (happy!) accident and kept going because of my boys - I can't imagine life without them ^^

From childhood's hour
I have not been as others were,
I have not seen as others saw,
I could not bring my passions from a common spring. ~EA Poe
Angellyden
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon or vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Silkrose
Zodiac:

I'm spirit keeping because I really want company honselty, I feel lonely all the time. I have depression and alot of other problems. Yes I have friends and a loving partner. Just not enough because they can't give me what, I truly need. Constant companionship I'm also starting out to being a witch. I'm learning as I go I bought a dragon from billy. He owns the pagan shop and my god I'm in already in love. Her name is white and I feel so happy, she the perfect spirit for me. She a diamond dragon and perfect. I haven't met her yet and I'm so excited for it. I have 2 other spirits I have bought that I felt I needed to bring home. <3 Honselty with the way things are going i may just be adopting more companions. For now though I have 3 and I enjoy it, and they are not even with me yet.

New spirit keeper <3

Sending positive vibes your way <3

1xDiamond Dragon, 1x Silver Dragon shifter, 1x Carpathian Vampire, 1xWhite Fox , 1x Vampire Fae, 1x Butterfly Lady
DarkestFae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandria

I didnt even know spirit keeping was a thing until i found a shop that offered companions. I asked alot of questions to the shop owner before i finally decided that i wanted a companion. I got my companions to help me open my third eye and to have a guide in all things spiritual. I spirit keep because with each spirit i earn i learn so much more about myself and about spirits in general.

Hypersmash
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

Uhh..... I dont have anything extravagant to say...... So I'll be honest.... I was lonely and needed someone in my life.

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5

I approached this with a mix of hopeful belief and skepticism. I suspected, perhaps, that it was all inside your head, every spirit a thoughtform. For 0.01$ and shipping, it's a harmless enough gamble.... But now it's blazingly clear that my hopes were well-placed; I cannot deny that there IS something 'out there' after all. And I could not be gladder, to be able to say that. :)

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I've always known that something was out there. And something was keeping me alive because of it. Although I couldn't voice my opinion out loud, I always knew deep down. After doing some research, I found this place. Everyday, something new blows my mind. I cannot be more grateful to have found this niche in the world. Now I want be the best that I can be in anything and I'll be ready for the worlds beyond this one when I go. The paranormal has always been a part of my life. :)

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”