new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sublimis

Hello everyone! I'm a complete beginner to the world of spirit keeping, and just made the first step of ordering my first spirit from here! :)

When I went ahead and purchased my Basilisk, I saw that I could select another spirit for a penny and figured hey, why not, and after completing my order I saw that still another freebie included within was another spirit. 1am So altogether I'll be getting 3 spirits, which I'm really excited about, but also kinda nervous about the responsibility of caring for not one, but three discarnate entities.

I've read up as much as I can on the FAQs and tutorials here, but I still have a question about bonding. I want to really get to know each of my spirits one-on-one, so I was wondering if it's okay to do the 30 day bonding period with my first spirit, then 30 days with the second, then 30 days with the third? Would the other two get upset that I'm not interacting with them while I'm focusing on the one? What would be the best way to approach this?

Thanks for any input.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

It depends on the individual, but I'm sure they would be patient. There's a different understanding that comes with astral, or at least, from what I've seen.

There are many ways you can approach this, (trust me, 3 may sound like a lot, (same number as when I started) but you'll get the hang of it :) ) however I wouldn't stress too much about it.
The main point is to focus on doing something, with them, however big or small it may be. ^_^
What sort of mediums do you have? (Pendulums, cards, telepathy, etc)

Take care!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Sublimis
new here
new here

That's reassuring, thanks. I guess I'm just wondering what the best way to do this is... Do you think it would be better to alternate days between them? As in, one day carry spirit 1's vessel with me and bond with it, the next do the same with #2, and the next with #3 and then start over? How did you approach bonding with your 3 spirits?

I have a pendulum that I feel pretty comfortable using and I have a Ouija board as far as communication goes. I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn telepathy with them as that seems like a superior way to talk.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

It's always up to you, that is indeed another option, alternating days with them. :)
With me, I had originally approached it haphazardly, not quite sure of what I was doing. Then I fell into a routine of spending time with all three of them, differently throughout the day. As more started to join, I made a routine of focusing on different ones each day, in a cycle.
Eventually, and as of now, I am spending time with them as they come around, or when I meet them during AP'ing. That does involve being aware astrally and astral projecting though, so you don't need to think/worry about that for now :)
Your method sounds good for now overall ^_^

That sounds like a great plan, I ended up going to telepathy as well. Partly cause apparently I was a natural at it (still don't know why to this day haha) and started focusing on listening for them, and mentally speaking to them.

One thing to remember, is to not stress yourself over doubt too much ^_^

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Dirty-paws
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashpaw

Hey there Sublimis! Here's what I do...

I have four spirits and I wear all of their vessels every day. In this small act, I am constantly reminded of them whenever I look at their rings or pendants, which helps to remind me to say hi and check in on them once in awhile.

As far as bonding goes, I will usually try to assign specific days with them (whichever day their encyclopedia page suggests is their preferred day) and focus exclusively on them for that day. This means meditating, chatting, and asking for guidance or help in spell work/daily lives.
However, I am only human and sometimes this schedule gets derailed by stress, life events, etc. Don't worry! They understand our personal lives are important to us and can sometimes disrupt bonding time. I promise they won't get mad at you or get impatient (unless you forget them for like, months or something, or purposely don't acknowledge them.)

Now this is just how I do things, and after bonding time (initial 30 days) if I don't have my schedule in place it's usually just whoever wants to get active in my life that day or whoever wants to chat at that specific time.

Like Vey said, they're pretty patient.

What other types of spirits did you take in besides the basilisk? (Just curious!)

0x. Ashpaw's House for Wayward Spirits. 0x.
Sublimis
new here
new here

Ok, so just to double-check: the 30 days necessary to bond with an individual spirit don't have to be consecutive then?

The main reason why I'm hesitant about carrying all 3 vessels with me & bonding with all 3 simultaneously is that I'm not sure if I'll be able to distinguish who's trying to communicate at what time & that it would make it harder to get to know their individual energies--but it sounds like this method ended up working for you? Or do you mean that you spent different times during the day with each (like morning with one, evening with another)?

I try not to stress out TOO much but I just wanna make sure I'm fully prepared for the experience. Thanks again for putting up with all my noon questions. XD

Rockboy198
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: my vampire
Zodiac:

Vey Nightshard wrote:It's always up to you, that is indeed another option, alternating days with them. :)
With me, I had originally approached it haphazardly, not quite sure of what I was doing. Then I fell into a routine of spending time with all three of them, differently throughout the day. As more started to join, I made a routine of focusing on different ones each day, in a cycle.
Eventually, and as of now, I am spending time with them as they come around, or when I meet them during AP'ing. That does involve being aware astrally and astral projecting though, so you don't need to think/worry about that for now :)
Your method sounds good for now overall ^_^

That sounds like a great plan, I ended up going to telepathy as well. Partly cause apparently I was a natural at it (still don't know why to this day haha) and started focusing on listening for them, and mentally speaking to them.

One thing to remember, is to not stress yourself over doubt too much ^_^
Im still trying to communicate with some spirits I got but im not quite sure how. Im thinking telepathy would be the best approach but it doesn't seem like im doing it right, do you have any tips?

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Sublimis wrote:Ok, so just to double-check: the 30 days necessary to bond with an individual spirit don't have to be consecutive then?

The main reason why I'm hesitant about carrying all 3 vessels with me & bonding with all 3 simultaneously is that I'm not sure if I'll be able to distinguish who's trying to communicate at what time & that it would make it harder to get to know their individual energies--but it sounds like this method ended up working for you? Or do you mean that you spent different times during the day with each (like morning with one, evening with another)?

I try not to stress out TOO much but I just wanna make sure I'm fully prepared for the experience. Thanks again for putting up with all my noon questions. XD
Don't worry about the 30 days too much. That's a rough guideline, along with the rest of the encyclopedia. Don't take it as hard cold facts, more of a, good basis to start with :) A lot of it hasn't been updated in a while.

And yes, different times with each of them during the day. Morning afternoon and evening, for example. Or I'll be heading out so for the duration of that, I'll focus on one of them. I picked up on differentiating their energy fairly quickly, (voices however were another story. A 6 month long story lol) but it's safe to say that you can just tell them you're looking to practice to differentiate, and they can help you with that :)

And no worries, I'm glad to help a new person out! It still feels not that long ago that I was a new person here :P (even though it's been a while and a LOT has happened, hahaha)

Rockboy198 wrote: Im still trying to communicate with some spirits I got but im not quite sure how. Im thinking telepathy would be the best approach but it doesn't seem like im doing it right, do you have any tips?
Hmmm. Telepathy sort of came upon me almost randomly, like I wasn't quite sure "how" I was doing it.

But if I was to attempt to try and put it into logical, or at least explainable terms, I would say it's like this.

Have you ever reminded yourself in your head of something? Or had thoughts to yourself, but didn't say them aloud? That mental action right there, is what I've found is the key (or my key anyways) to telepathy.

It's like speaking inside your head. Think of it like your brain, your mind, is a telephone of a sort, and pretend to mentally "connect" to one of your companions. Then focus on saying something mentally, like you would have a conversation with yourself, or how you have "internal thoughts".

Don't worry too much about making sure they heard, just keep practicing talking to them, and then listening for their reply. You'll get the hang of it as you go along, almost without realizing it :)

Listen back carefully. It takes practice practice practice, and at first, their voices may sound like you speaking to yourself, or even feel like you're just talking to yourself. But if it feels uncharacteristically unlike you, or seems very random, or something you wouldn't have thought of, that's likely one of them.
Practice, and you'll learn to differentiate their voice from theirs, and actually "hear" their actual voice.

The thing is, your brain tries to make up for the fact the only voice that it thinks should be inside your head, is yours. :lol: So it compensates by extrapolating to "oh, this must be my voice" even though it really isn't. All it is used to, is hearing your own voice. (Exception to those gifted with being sensitive to the paranormal world, but that's another story)

Over time you'll get past that old habit, and hear them for their voice. Sometimes aided by what you have heard, as we are all mentally influenced by what we are exposed to, but don't worry too much if it sounds familiar, or like something in a game. That's, again, your brain compensating for something that it's not quite sure how to handle, haha.

I know that was a long explanation, but I hope it helps,
Cheers!

Sublimis
new here
new here

Dirty-paws wrote:Hey there Sublimis! Here's what I do...

I have four spirits and I wear all of their vessels every day. In this small act, I am constantly reminded of them whenever I look at their rings or pendants, which helps to remind me to say hi and check in on them once in awhile.

As far as bonding goes, I will usually try to assign specific days with them (whichever day their encyclopedia page suggests is their preferred day) and focus exclusively on them for that day. This means meditating, chatting, and asking for guidance or help in spell work/daily lives.
However, I am only human and sometimes this schedule gets derailed by stress, life events, etc. Don't worry! They understand our personal lives are important to us and can sometimes disrupt bonding time. I promise they won't get mad at you or get impatient (unless you forget them for like, months or something, or purposely don't acknowledge them.)

Now this is just how I do things, and after bonding time (initial 30 days) if I don't have my schedule in place it's usually just whoever wants to get active in my life that day or whoever wants to chat at that specific time.

Like Vey said, they're pretty patient.

What other types of spirits did you take in besides the basilisk? (Just curious!)
Sorry, was on my phone and didn't see your post until now. This actually sounds like an ideal solution... thanks so much for the advice, I definitely think I'll give this a try.

I'm getting a Sanguine Vampire along with my Basilisk and I have no idea what the third spirit will be. :lol: In the order invoice it just says "Pick-A-Prize For Spirit Companions --> Selection: Spirit Binding." So hopefully it'll be something awesome.
Vey Nightshard wrote: Don't worry about the 30 days too much. That's a rough guideline, along with the rest of the encyclopedia. Don't take it as hard cold facts, more of a, good basis to start with :) A lot of it hasn't been updated in a while.

And yes, different times with each of them during the day. Morning afternoon and evening, for example. Or I'll be heading out so for the duration of that, I'll focus on one of them. I picked up on differentiating their energy fairly quickly, (voices however were another story. A 6 month long story lol) but it's safe to say that you can just tell them you're looking to practice to differentiate, and they can help you with that :)
That makes sense. And that was really helpful advice re: telepathy, too!

Rockboy198
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: my vampire
Zodiac:

Vey Nightshard wrote:
Sublimis wrote:Ok, so just to double-check: the 30 days necessary to bond with an individual spirit don't have to be consecutive then?

Don't worry about the 30 days too much. That's a rough guideline, along with the rest of the encyclopedia. Don't take it as hard cold facts, more of a, good basis to start with :) A lot of it hasn't been updated in a while.

And no worries, I'm glad to help a new person out! It still feels not that long ago that I was a new person here :P (even though it's been a while and a LOT has happened, hahaha)

Rockboy198 wrote: Im still trying to communicate with some spirits I got but im not quite sure how. Im thinking telepathy would be the best approach but it doesn't seem like im doing it right, do you have any tips?
Hmmm. Telepathy sort of came upon me almost randomly, like I wasn't quite sure "how" I was doing it.

But if I was to attempt to try and put it into logical, or at least explainable terms, I would say it's like this.

Have you ever reminded yourself in your head of something? Or had thoughts to yourself, but didn't say them aloud? That mental action right there, is what I've found is the key (or my key anyways) to telepathy.

It's like speaking inside your head. Think of it like your brain, your mind, is a telephone of a sort, and pretend to mentally "connect" to one of your companions. Then focus on saying something mentally, like you would have a conversation with yourself, or how you have "internal thoughts".

Don't worry too much about making sure they heard, just keep practicing talking to them, and then listening for their reply. You'll get the hang of it as you go along, almost without realizing it :)

Listen back carefully. It takes practice practice practice, and at first, their voices may sound like you speaking to yourself, or even feel like you're just talking to yourself. But if it feels uncharacteristically unlike you, or seems very random, or something you wouldn't have thought of, that's likely one of them.
Practice, and you'll learn to differentiate their voice from theirs, and actually "hear" their actual voice.

The thing is, your brain tries to make up for the fact the only voice that it thinks should be inside your head, is yours. :lol: So it compensates by extrapolating to "oh, this must be my voice" even though it really isn't. All it is used to, is hearing your own voice. (Exception to those gifted with being sensitive to the paranormal world, but that's another story)

Over time you'll get past that old habit, and hear them for their voice. Sometimes aided by what you have heard, as we are all mentally influenced by what we are exposed to, but don't worry too much if it sounds familiar, or like something in a game. That's, again, your brain compensating for something that it's not quite sure how to handle, haha.

I know that was a long explanation, but I hope it helps,
Cheers!
That was super helpful, thank you so much! Of course I noticed you also know how to differentiate energies or even notice them in the first place. Is this a skill too or something that comes along with practice? I've had my first spirit for about two weeks now and got another as well a week ago but I'm not sure if im able to feel their energies

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”