Weather Magick folks: what can we do with this cold weather?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Weather Magick folks: what can we do with this cold weather?

Postby Likes2Read » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Who here does weather magick? What kinds of things would you use this insane cold weather for?

I figure, we might as well make some good use of this weather while we have it. If we can't get rid of it -- and tampering with weather without good cause is probably a dicey proposition -- then we can do something constructive with it while we wait for it to lift of its own accord. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1221
Spelled Number: 221
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: djinn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Re: Weather Magick folks: what can we do with this cold weather?

Postby Huffdamagicdragon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 am

Although I have had cases when I have made instant changes in the weather, I only use that during extreme cases. However, I would make use of these days to absorb the experiencial energy as much as you can stand. One of my older sisters used to walk in the snow barefooted, and I have gone outside without a shirt for as long as 10 minutes in temps around 30 to 35 F. I always find thunderstorms to have the most absorbable energy though.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Samsara » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:06 am

For one, tell your storm or snow dragons to relax. Two you can "tell" them to return things to normal. I personally only think things. I realize my incessant demands, may be contributing to the imbalances. So am officially chilling out on weather magick.

I don't have a ritual. Usually like OK, that was nice thanks. Harm none. Now work on something else for me. Because I have a garden, their job is to bring bounty and growth, and make sure my plants grow. So far this year the weather has created a wonderful condition for my plants.

And as long as no one upsets me, there we be no weather chaos here. LOL.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Likes2Read » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am

I hesitate to attempt to alter weather beyond small. Adjustments. For example, I've posted in another thread about my request to weather-working spirits to hold rain/snow off from falling during my commute to or from work. It usually works. But that's a very small-scale tweak, not a wholesale change. I wouldn't try to push the whole storm system out of the area.

I approach this massive cold snap the same way. I'm leery of trying to change it, no matter how little I like these temperatures. Different folks with different ideas of pushing and pulling a weather system around, each with no idea of the others' efforts, might do more harm than good. I want to avoid that.

T-storms are definitely easy to absorb energy from. They're an expression of a huge amount of natural energy. Cold is a little harder to absorb, so to speak, as it is an absence of energy rather than an energy. There is only heat energy, and the absence of heat energy. Cold itself is not an actual energy. It's a sign of a lack of heat energy.

But the experience of a particular weather pattern is something we CAN absorb. I like that idea. Hello. Detect/Absorb/Transmute slab from CH. I have a job for you. :)

I love that D/A/T slab. It takes in things that can be used for casting later. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Postby Dragonoake » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Lady Cybele always told us that, as a general rule, you shouldn't make major changes with the weather unless it presented a danger; and if you're going to stop it from raining today, you need to let it rain within the next few days.

OTOH....
Remember the Stalled Front of 1993?
There were floods on the west side of the line and droughts on the east side.
This went on all summer until they got on the news and told people what was happening and where it was... It started moving within a couple days

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Samsara » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 pm

There are often many intentions happening. Like there was a drought in Houston a couple years ago, and people kept praying for rain...Whoops! There goes Texas.

Even when I told people I could make it rain, if they told me they didn't want the rain, sometimes it wouldn't. But 100% of the time, if they told me they wanted the rain, it would pour.

I freaked a coworker out when she said "Make it rain," to me and it did. I live in by a desert.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Samsara » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Funny. The rain is keeping me up. I said I wouldn't but old habits....

For me it's as simple as trance and will. I don't really need to know the mechanics, since I feel nature knows better. Of the times I tried to micro manage, it got messy. For instance, in the astral, I thought it was a good idea to warm up the ocean so water would evaporate and precipitate....ummm yeah warming ocean causes problems....

Though easy weather magic -- just look at a map and push the cold front away. Just a shift.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified

Postby Likes2Read » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm

I highly recommend reading up on weather mechanics in advance of learning how to modify it. My favorite book is A Petersen's Guide to Atmosphere. Another fave: The Weather Wizard's Cloud Book. (It's a nickname given to a meteorological "wizard", not a magical one.)

These book teach how weather works. Then we can listen to forecasts, look at radar maps, and understand what resources we have currently available in our locality.

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”