Kh820
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi everyone, I've been seeing some things about a reverse adoption, and I was just wondering if someone could tell me what that is, and how you do it? Thanks!

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I wanted to try that too! But I didn't. Let me know how it works

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

For some sellers, it means the pre-conjured spirits/entities are choosing to adopt you as their new keeper. It's like custom conjuration, but instead of you picking them, it's them picking you : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It sounds like a unique experience. I'd like to try that some day

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

CH offers this for both spirits and entities.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
dragon372496
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Fox Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chaos Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Sarvik Chorze
Zodiac:

Normally, you choose them. Now, they choose you.

LadyWo1f
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
Zodiac:

A reverse adopt basically is you letting whatever spirit pick you.

Prebounds are spirits already listed and if you happen to be picked by one you will get what is called a calling. Callings vary but they are usually strong urges to by a listing, touches, dreams with that orebound, etc.

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Some of the best spirits I've gotten over the years have come through reverse adoption. A lot of times its the ones you didn't know you needed or wanted. Sometimes a blessing in disguise. I would most definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Willpower
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus and Nympho.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

darkwing dook wrote:For some sellers, it means the pre-conjured spirits/entities are choosing to adopt you as their new keeper. It's like custom conjuration, but instead of you picking them, it's them picking you : )
What's the specific difference with custom conjure though. Isn't custom conjure could be specified as reverse adoption as well, since it was the spirit who choosing. I thought the reverse adoption is only fit for the immortal, since they're high ranking and a specific beings.

"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble."

Companions U a succubi, M a succubi, C a nympho, S a nympho

Immortals Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Athena, Goddess Iris, Goddess Lilith
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Willpower wrote: What's the specific difference with custom conjure though. Isn't custom conjure could be specified as reverse adoption as well, since it was the spirit who choosing. I thought the reverse adoption is only fit for the immortal, since they're high ranking and a specific beings.
I think the difference between custom conjuration (CC) and reverse adoption (RA) is whether the spirits/entity are already in contact with the conjurers or not before the keepers place the order.

For CC, the spirits/entities are not yet found or in contact with, thus the conjurers would need to find and conjure them first. On the other hand, for RA, they are already there, whether unbounds or prebounds, thus the conjurers only need to present the keepers' identification (e.g. energy signature etc) and ask the spirits/entities around them if one of them want to go to the keepers. If none is interested, then the conjurers may have to do CC.

I'd guess calling it RA originally is because adoption means the keepers choosing specific spirits/entities already listed in the shop, e.g. this:
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Spirits-of-Creatures/
While "reverse" means the spirits/entities listed in the shop choosing specific keepers. Thus, when the specific listing is out of stock, it could mean someone chose them or they chose to go via RA (Not sure if CH works this way; you might want to ask HD if you're curious : )).

Different conjurers might have different definitions about this, though. It's better o ask them directly : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Spirit Keeping”