about manananggal..

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

main idea: should these fascinating beings only be part of an experienced keeper's family? should they only be the companion of a human accustomed to being forceful with others?

goofy nezzuo side ideas i simply want to express + do not expect input about: i feel very drawn to this race lately, one specifically pops in my mind frequently throughout the day. i am worried about the amount of control, even "force", a human companion is said to require in order to have such a being in one's life.. specifically with the one i am interested in. this is something in particular i have felt the need to work on in myself. from what i understand, this being has difficulty respecting their companion if one is too sweet (which tends to be a blessing and a curse of mine.) i wonder if i invite her into my life she will help my assertiveness blossom, or if we will just have an excessively difficult time with one another..

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Manananggal are just like any being you would bring into your home. I feel it is very disrespectful to treat them less than you would a physical adult family member. You should show them respect, no matter what race. House rules should be followed by them, yes, but they are not wild animals that need to be controlled. They have a much higher awareness than you physically, and are wiser and older. They can handle themselves and should not be treated as small children.

Treat them with respect and as an equal. They are not below you, nor should you feel the need to make yourself appear lesser, as that is not being respectful of them or you.

You should also not have to worry about having problems besides those individuals who like to cause trouble. Although our companions will test us to see if we can handle ourselves at times.

Another thing that causes perceived issues is our abilities and how much we are preceiving is actually what's happening and not blocked by not as strong senses or misinterpreted actions and words.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

With that said, if you feel a calling, go for it.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

of course! i would imagine they are like any of my other companions, and would give my new friend the same large amount of affection as all the rest. i acknowledge and respect that every spirit and otherworldly entity that comes into my life posseses incredible qualities beyond my own. i just know that some beings can be much more difficult to befriend/work with than others, thus may require someone with a large amount of experience. i never want to feel the need to control or be forceful with a friend, though all info pages about manananggals that i have seen suggest that things may go badly if a keeper is not strong in these qualities.

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

thank you for the reply <3 i did not intend for my words to suggest that any being i bring into my life would ever be viewed as something lesser/treated with lesser respect, and i do not believe any that willingly comes to me as a friend would do that to me either. this particular vampire in question, however, is stated to have difficulty respecting a companion that is wishy-washy (which, as much as i may refuse to admit, i often find myself being that way.) i feel very drawn to her, however, and mostly feel that i am capable and that we would most likely be a great pair.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I'm glad you clarified that. ^^

I would ask for a visit with her (if the conjurer allows that) and speak with her directly. That should clear up any concerns with the being.

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

hehehe sure thang
after replying to you, i messaged the conjurer last night with a short summary of my concerns and asked if she would check with the lovely lady to make sure she would be happy with me. i channelled much focus into her then, and felt an unfamiliar energy nearby i assume was the manananggal. it felt a bit lighter than i would have imagined her energy to feel, however.

Return to “Vampire”