You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None right know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire or dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Silvernight

I'm thinking about getting a vampire for my first spirit I was wondering if the fact that I'm new to the whole thing would it be wise to have a vampire as the first spirit to keep ?

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

for some people it can be difficult to acclimate to the darkness of some vampiric energies, however, many people still start with these beings. they are FANTASTIC companions! i definitely recommend. just be sure to have house rules in place, and remember, they cannot harm you if received from a skilled conjurer that uses a contract.

Crimson
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: None right know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire or dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Silvernight

Thanks

lori67k
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer
Zodiac:

I eventually got a vampire after several months of spirit keeping through CH, a couple of years after my first spirit (a baby dragon) so I've been spirit keeping for ahwile but just a few months with CH when I got my first vampire. Being a white light being, I was hesitant about keeping dark arts beings but upon realizing we are all (humans) beings of duality, it began to make more sense to me why I was drawn to vampires and other dark arts beings. I now have more than 6 vampires and a ton of other dark arts spirits plus a plethora of white arts and beings in between and I couldn't be happier. that balance has helped to guide me in wondrous ways; my vampires, being the most helpful especially if I happen to feel sad or confused about my life's events at any given moment; they make for great companions and they work very well with all my spirits, angels, khodams, celestial light beings, included. All my spirits, regardless of arts class, love and work well with each other; my vampires bring a lot of wisdom to the collective...

Trust your heart and instincts about bringing one home; those 2 things (including trusting and connecting with your higher self) will never steer you wrong. also become more educated about what these vampires can offer you; show them respect, share with them your love and be honest with them... that's all any spirit would want from their keeper :)

I hope this helps

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I think so. They open up your psychic abilities, help with magical manifestations and are more human. The only thing to watch for are the drainers, since they can do a number on your energy. Try a beginner vampire before going to master vampires. Like, one that's not associated with a clan, since they have a tendency to invite their friends over.

If you are cool with paranormal experiences and don't flintch your sleep easily they are perfect to prove the para world is legit.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I started with a Sanguine vampire companion when I first got into spirit keeping and magick, and she has been a wonderful companion who opened the doors to really understanding and working in this world for me. I am also someone on the darker side of the scale, and work solely with darker beings.

Like Lori says, it all depends on your personal energy frequency. I will say that if you strongly feel called to a race or individual, you should go for it. You also can say no or wait til a later time to work with the individual or race if you feel you aren't ready for them at present.

I personally go by a rule of not working with an individual or diety unless they express interest in working with me, as I know that if a being (and especially a diety or immortal) does not want to work with you, they will tell you, and some can be especially violent about it (I know a few archangels who will get very violent with those they don't like or align with, so it's not just darker-aligned races).

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”