Books on Hermeticism

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hermetic practices are something I looked down on when I started my journey as being dated and drenched in bias, but now I'm beginning to know better. I've spent at least two months scouring the web for things like Astrology, Cartomancy and Kabbalah. It's gotten to the point that I'm fairly sure a higher power -- maybe one of my spirits or even my higher self -- is helping to drive this recent obsession.

Recently, I got a natal chart done and I found it to be frighteningly accurate in most of the major aspects. Not only that, but I started correlating the Zodiac and Planetary connections with Tarot and Sephirot. The results were beyond fascinating. (For example, Saturn was in Aquarias when I was born, and Saturn in Aquarias correlates with The Hermit, which correlates with Virgo. My moon sign is Virgo and my court card, the Queen of Pentacles (related to Sagittarius, which is my sun sign), correlates with Binah in the Tree of Life... which is the domain of Saturn.)

I want to dive deeper into this, so what I need are books that give connections between various Hermetic practices such as Cartomancy, Astrology, Kabbalah, Alchemy, Numerology, Ceremonial Magick and / or other related concepts. It doesn't have to be all of them in one book (I would be amazed if such a book exists) but having one book that shows the connections between at least two of these things would be very helpful in reducing the number of reference materials I have to scour through at any given time. I would also appreciate whatever could be considered essential reading on the topic of Hermeticism in general.

Bonus points for books with correlations between Western and Eastern practices (Chakras, Yoga, Neidan etc.)

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm perhaps books by Stephen Skinner and David Rankine?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Crowley and the Greek Magical Papyri.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Franz Bardon

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Kaballah magIck and the great work of self transformation. It gives a good pathworking.

https://www.amazon.com/Kabbalah-Magic-G ... 0738708933

Good luck on your journey Frater.

memento mori
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello,

I wonder if you read The Kybalion written by Three Initiates. It's a study of the Hermetic philosophy of ancient Egypt and Greece. It's a small book of Hermetic teaching.

Return to “Books & Literature”