My Experiences with the "Dark Side"

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Before I start I want to state that these are my experiences, it doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth for everybody ;) I'm learning more each day and if you have a question or want to discuss, you're of course welcome to do so! I'm always happy for new insights^^

I often get asked what it's like to live with these energies and beings. It's different of course, but there are a lot of past life connections and I gain a lot from it, as do they. Sometimes it's difficult, most of the time it's just great. I'm very passionate and love driven toward my Spirit Family and deeply respect other beings I occasionally deal with while investigating. That's my nature, I don't expect them to be the same, but still they know my intentions towards them. My life did not change, if anything, I changed for the better.

Although I'm leaning towards the dark, I do practice Reiki and work with healing energy. It's important to find balance, but the most important requirement is to be careful with everything you do, watch your every step and know who you are. If you don't know who you are yet and aren't steady, then this isn't anything to think about. They WILL influence your emotions and thoughts, maybe even your actions. I had to deal a lot with it as I started, so I checked my every thought and reasoned if the emotions were really mine. I still get external vibes, but now I can distinguish between what is me and what is them and control it. Another thing with the thoughts is, that some might say things to you that seem rude and hurt you, in that case you either dismiss it, or you talk back. They don't necessarily mean to hurt you with that. This happened to me once and a trickster meant it was funny to tell me I'm ugly, worthless and a <<Removed by Mod>>whenever I looked into a mirror. I ignored him at first, but later retorted with sarcastic comments. I did not attack him with my comments, but I also did not let myself be pulled down as I knew better. He gave up after some time.

Experiences
If you think you are ready to work with the darker arts, consider what can follow your every action and don't turn your back on them, you can receive a really bad <<removed by moderator>> storm for that. Trust issues mustn't be a bad thing, taking everything with a grain of salt is okay, but be honest about it. They will test you and in the worst case, make your fears come true if you have something to hide. Due to religious programming I also had my doubts, but I told them and was never scolded for it. The truthfulness is just as significant as in any other relationship. If you approach them, do it without prejudice and get to know them yourself.

Anything you say can and will be used against you, so be careful when you make a wish or deal. Be very specific and think about what could go wrong. Good wording you see is necessary, avoiding loopholes is hard enough and honestly, these beings can outsmart you though some even give you a chance to correct your wording by asking if it really is what you want. THINK ABOUT IT. IS IT?

I dabbled in a lot of things and truth be told, as I was a newbie I got a talent to get myself in some kind of trouble. Most often my tongue was quicker than my thoughts or I was just being silly and got the consequences from it. It was never something too serious though and I dare to say I was lucky with that. Some play along for a while, but there comes the moment they catch you off guard and that can really throw you off track. That's not the case with all beings, but with the very dark ones for sure. It can take a while to get back on your feet once you've fallen, but when you got up again you've grown stronger in mind and soul. Respect plays a BIG role, but it's not a special key that will open all doors. These beings may teach you lessons the hard way if you need it, most often you get the bigger picture when you gained some distance from it and are able to look back. We don't necessarily have to understand, but eventually, we might will.

My Concept of Evil
You often hear people ask if there's a god, why would he allow evil in the world? Evil is teaching us various lessons. Choosing to ignore or not to believe in it, does not mean you'll be spared of it. I always categorize evil into the primary and secondary, with primary as all BA related (mostly mental destruction) and secondary what humans can do (mostly physical destruction). The evil itself simply is, not caring who and what and why it does what it does. I am not pointing out that evil is good in our world but rather that it sometimes has its reason and is necessary, as everything has an essential counterpart. We, merging the whole collective of the counterparts to one, know it as the dark side / dark path / dark forces.

My Concept of the Dark Side
They come to humans to play with them like a toy or like a friend, to live off of them or with them, to punish or to teach, to receive a love only humans can give or give a love only they can offer. The dark side is the other side of the coin and one cannot without the other. They act upon their morals and fact is, their morals differ greatly from ours. They have their own rules of what is right and wrong. In this case, it doesn't even matter of which part of the counterparts we're talking, be it the infernals, unseelie court, petro loa, the allegedly bad guys of character universes et cetera.

My Concept of BA
The BA among them are devastating, life's can be destroyed in a blink of an eye. The Black Art is a term in which the spirits may have a choice of their actions, but relish in destruction and chaos. It is their nature, something that cannot be changed and is their destiny for that time of being. They will do bad as they get pleasure from the suffering of others, simple as that. They are purely sadistic and embody what we call sin, but this quality can be beneficial at the same time. The question is what their characteristics are used for, as destroying things that need to be let go of can help to move on.

Lastly, there is a form of darkness that I am still trying to fully comprehend, although I've been told that the human mind is not able to fully understand the Outer Gods and Great old ones. While they are part of the dark forces, they don't actively seek to rule, destroy or manipulate as they are mindless. At least most of them, there are exceptions like Nyarlathotep. I haven't actively tried to establish contact yet and anyone who did so, I would be glad if you like to share how you work with them.

If you have something to add, you're of course welcome to do so 2lv
I'm glad you took your time reading this!

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Well from my understanding of darkness this pretty much all that can be said about it.Though I would put darkness and evil as two diffrent things as people can use light to do the same things since light governs order and control which when not balanced with darkness which governs chaos and emotions can be just as bad when it gets out of hand.Espeshely since for me chaos is in essence power and strength because it's constently fighting.Think of it like a blade from midevil times,it doesn't matter who's side it was on chances are everyone who had a reason to fight had one and only the strongest and most adaptable fighters survived while the ones that lost eather died or stay weak unless they made themselves stronger regardless of how right or wrong the fighters that came out on top were.

And to me darkness is a primal force,something that is ancient and has always bin.And even though it ment something a bit diffrent in the game this comes from but at the end of kingdom hearts before you start your final battles with ansem what he says not only relays a true aspect of darkness but a unavoidable one as well no matter how you look at it.Everything starts in darkness and will eventually end in darkness when it returns.And for me darkness has synergy with two of the four elements(or at least the most basic ones that everyone would know off the top of their head if you include others like spirit,wood,or metal for example)fire and water.

Both are elements that are as destructive as they are creative,giving as much as they take,can both save thoughs on the urge of death and and kill thoughs with their life ahead of them in an instent.Fire being the passion and determenation of the consciousness that drives the will to live in all living things and fight thoughs that apose them trying to snuff them out of existence.Water being the emotional and unspoken wisdom of the unconsciousness that can change its favor unexpectedly and intensly with riches of wealth and knowledge that only the ones with the strength and bravery to risk death in the tides can attempt to obtain.I think thats all I can add to this.

blessed be

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte

@DualWanderer3, thank you for your add on! I do agree with your aspects. I put the evil subject in there cause it often is associated with darkness and we're quick to call the dark nature as the source of evil, of course it can also be attributed to the light side of things.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

MidnightMusings wrote: Lastly, there is a form of darkness that I am still trying to fully comprehend, although I've been told that the human mind is not able to fully understand the Outer Gods and Great old ones. While they are part of the dark forces, they don't actively seek to rule, destroy or manipulate as they are mindless. At least most of them, there are exceptions like Nyarlathotep. I haven't actively tried to establish contact yet and anyone who did so, I would be glad if you like to share how you work with them.
Oh, they're not mindless, far from it. The only one you could call mindless is Azathoth, but imho he's got too much of a mind (or too many minds) to be able to be understood or to express himself in a way a human mind could ever understand.
Kind of understandable, if you'd see all possibilities, always at all time, you'd have a hard time to tell which one of the little things is now talking to you and what it's talking about.

Mostly they're just detached, interested but uncaring, you could say.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
MidnightMusings wrote: Lastly, there is a form of darkness that I am still trying to fully comprehend, although I've been told that the human mind is not able to fully understand the Outer Gods and Great old ones. While they are part of the dark forces, they don't actively seek to rule, destroy or manipulate as they are mindless. At least most of them, there are exceptions like Nyarlathotep. I haven't actively tried to establish contact yet and anyone who did so, I would be glad if you like to share how you work with them.
Oh, they're not mindless, far from it. The only one you could call mindless is Azathoth, but imho he's got too much of a mind (or too many minds) to be able to be understood or to express himself in a way a human mind could ever understand.
Kind of understandable, if you'd see all possibilities, always at all time, you'd have a hard time to tell which one of the little things is now talking to you and what it's talking about.

Is it BA, DA or WA beings mostly that have 'low empathy'? What sorts in mind often if so? I heard Azathoth does not have any 'empathic ability' or chooses not to, thus operates according to their own morality.

People or humans who are 'shy' often come off as 'self-centred' according to what people I know say, and are often seen as 'lighter' however.

So far as goes for the teaching about God. It actually says that his creation is separate from him, so thus if he intervened it would no longer count as truely separate. The evil that's allowed to happen is part of his 'permissive will' aspect in that creation is allowed to have a will of its own, but in intervening it would break the premise of independent creation until the time comes.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

ServantofJustice wrote:Is it BA, DA or WA beings mostly that have 'low empathy'? What sorts in mind often if so? I heard Azathoth does not have any 'empathic ability' or chooses not to, thus operates according to their own morality.
Stupid question, are there insects that you despise so much that you kill them on sight?
If yes, how much empathy do you feel for them?

And if past, present and future are one for you and the being is being conceived, being born, being alive, being dead, stops existing at the same time for you, how much empathy would you feel towards it and how would you express it?

As I said, no human mind could ever understand Azathoth. He might be very empathetic, but if you're unable to understand him, there's nothing for you to get from that empathy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:Is it BA, DA or WA beings mostly that have 'low empathy'? What sorts in mind often if so? I heard Azathoth does not have any 'empathic ability' or chooses not to, thus operates according to their own morality.
Stupid question, are there insects that you despise so much that you kill them on sight?
If yes, how much empathy do you feel for them?

And if past, present and future are one for you and the being is being conceived, being born, being alive, being dead, stops existing at the same time for you, how much empathy would you feel towards it and how would you express it?

As I said, no human mind could ever understand Azathoth. He might be very empathetic, but if you're unable to understand him, there's nothing for you to get from that empathy.
I think that’s called sympathy, but empathic is more about an ‘ability’?

Azathoth is called ‘blind idiot god’ by the writer because he naturally lacks empathic ability and cannot do it. But who knows the same for sympathy or not?

If an insect threatens me or is dangerous then I do not want to bother. I hate cockroaches, flies, spiders, mosquitoes after learning they carry diseases or bite you.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

ServantofJustice wrote:I think that’s called sympathy, but empathic is more about an ‘ability’?

Azathoth is called ‘blind idiot god’ by the writer because he naturally lacks empathic ability and cannot do it. But who knows the same for sympathy or not?

If an insect threatens me or is dangerous then I do not want to bother. I hate cockroaches, flies, spiders, mosquitoes after learning they carry diseases or bite you.
He was called blind idiot god because he lacked a mind, not because he lacks empathy. And no, i was talking about empathy. Being an empath is something a little bit different and not everybody has that skill.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte

Aprophis wrote:

Thank you for the input! 1ey They are still a bit of a new territory I look into, I wasn't sure if I got it correctly^^ so they're interested but they don't care. Could you maybe give an example for this? What would they be interested in? Have you been able to work with one of them?

Sorry about all the questions! 2qt Too many questions in my head haha

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

MidnightMusings wrote: Thank you for the input! 1ey They are still a bit of a new territory I look into, I wasn't sure if I got it correctly^^ so they're interested but they don't care. Could you maybe give an example for this? What would they be interested in? Have you been able to work with one of them?

Sorry about all the questions! 2qt Too many questions in my head haha
Well, if they take interest in you and you're lucky, they might see what you can do. If you're unlucky they'll see what you're made of (maybe even literally) and if they can change it with experimentation. Might be painful though. It doesn't really matter to them, as long as their curiosity is satisfied.

Honestly, though, as with all immortals it depends on the aspect that you connect with. Although their morals and thinking will probably always be alien and/or strange to you.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”