Witchcraft. Magick,. Sorcery. Some questions.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So, here I am, recuperating from surgery, and I am reading the forums and thinking.

Understand, though I am a practitioner, I came to magick practice via the side door, having kind of fallen into it once I arrived at CH in 2013. Prior to that, I had spent a whole lot of years practicing what I have seen described here as psionics, though I had never seen that term prior to my arrival here, either.

So... having never really formally studied magick, outside of having taken some courses of CH's and Papa Hood's, I have some terminology questions for those whose route to magick has been a more formal one.

Witchcraft. Magick. Sorcery. Are these words entirely interchangeable, or are there nuances attached to one or the other of them that make them "not quite the same" as one another? In particular, what makes sorcery different from witchcraft or magick, if it does in fact have a distinct definition from those other two words? That is the word I see employed least frequently on these forums, leading me to wonder if it has its own nuances that only make it usable under certain circumstances.

Just wondering. And I learned a long time ago that if one student in a class is wondering about something, then stats suggest that up to 3/4 of the class is also wondering about the same thing. So it's NEVER wrong to just ask the question you need answered. :)

OK, formally-trained friends, we are counting on you. What's the deal with these words? ;)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
nuriko
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

magick is setting things into motion using your will and intuition, spells, rituals, the supernatural .the k is there to separate this from magic.. which is staged, pick a card, any card magic. magick goes for witchcraft or sorcery, both use magick to do whatever it is they're trying to do, using your will and intuition, what have you. witchcraft and sorcery are two different things.. as far as intention. do what ye will but harm none, that's witchcraft. sorcery is more.. negative aspect. getting things done the dirty way. (i think of ursula or jafar from Disney movies lol)

that's just what I know and understand, feel free to correct me, I've been practicing the craft since middle school, took an extremely long hiatus and recently started back up again the end of last year. :)

blessed be!

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

It's more of the problem of terminology or definition. It may refer to the same or different things.
For some, witchcraft is positive and sorcery is negative, for some others the reverse, and the rest is neutral.
Some said that witchcraft is natural ability inherited by lineage while sorcery is learned and can be done by anyone.
There are as well some who consider witchcraft as basic practice while sorcery is advance one.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “General Questions”