Pain When Trying to Project

User avatar
Phantom_Knight
new here
new here
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Phantom_Knight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm

I have been practicing Astral Projection for around a month now, and while I know it takes time to truly master or even project at all, I've come across a barrier I can't seem to pass. Everytime i get close to projecting, and my body is numb, I cannot feel myself breathe and I begin to freak out. I enter the vibrational stage for a second or two, but my fear of not breathing causes me to focus on my physical body and not my astral one. Also, I have never felt my astral limbs seperating from my physical body. What can I do?



User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 6161
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby darkwing dook » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Mmmmm, maybe meditation to control your panic and breathing exercises to calm the breathing? : )


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

User avatar
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 12391
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm
You are...: experienced

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Noctua » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Also work with your acceptance of death. Sounds funny, but somewhere in there your brain is telling you you're in danger and if you really want to get past that point of the hyper-focus, it would be wise to engage death energy to some degree.. understand it and how it works and flows for a readiness of surmounting the expectations of physicality.


“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.."
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

User avatar
Phantom_Knight
new here
new here
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Phantom_Knight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 pm

I wondered about my brain thinking I am dying, because it feels like it! I feel this pain in my chest, and my heart is racing, and my brain starts fo fog and I honestly feel like I am truly dying. How do I get past that point? Can visualizations help, or a different technique? I'm trying to connect with my spirit in the Astral, which is why I am so motivated to succeed.



User avatar
Phantom_Knight
new here
new here
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Phantom_Knight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Noctua wrote:Also work with your acceptance of death. Sounds funny, but somewhere in there your brain is telling you you're in danger and if you really want to get past that point of the hyper-focus, it would be wise to engage death energy to some degree.. understand it and how it works and flows for a readiness of surmounting the expectations of physicality.
Phantom_Knight wrote:I wondered about my brain thinking I am dying, because it feels like it! I feel this pain in my chest, and my heart is racing, and my brain starts fo fog and I honestly feel like I am truly dying. How do I get past that point? Can visualizations help, or a different technique? I'm trying to connect with my spirit in the Astral, which is why I am so motivated to succeed.



User avatar
Cr1ogeN
new here
new here
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Benevolent ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wiser
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: None of your business

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Cr1ogeN » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 pm

Try fasting only with water for 2-3 days or dry fasting if you can handle it. This period will humble you and empower you at the same time. You will begin to see how strong the human body is and as Noctua said, you will not be so afraid of dying anymore.


Image
Knowledge is Power

User avatar
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 8671
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 pm
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Likes2Read » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 pm

I would be careful about not taking in water. People can and do die or get terribly sick due to dehydration. If you are going to fast, I would recommend drinking water regularly to prevent organ failure.


Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Marilee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 am

Likes2Read wrote:I would be careful about not taking in water. People can and do die or get terribly sick due to dehydration. If you are going to fast, I would recommend drinking water regularly to prevent organ failure.


Yes. This is very true. You can become deathly ill in three days. It can affect blood volume and then blood pressure. You may survive for weeks without food, but the same does not apply for water.



User avatar
RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:36 am
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Aglaia Raven-King

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby RavenConspiracy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:56 am

When working at this, get used to regulating your breathing. Pick a relaxing breathing pattern and count it. Make sure you maintain it until it becomes standard and normal.

It sounds like you're entering partial sleep paralysis, which is often what people are trying to achieve when seeking out of body experiences, or often just while meditating. The key is to let your breathing be the kind of breathing you have when you're sleeping. Let your body's autopilot take the breathing over.

Practice with meditation, especially guided meditation, that uses breathing techniques. I know you'll get it just fine!


Image

User avatar
Phantom_Knight
new here
new here
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

Re: Pain When Trying to Project

Postby Phantom_Knight » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:11 am

RavenConspiracy wrote:When working at this, get used to regulating your breathing. Pick a relaxing breathing pattern and count it. Make sure you maintain it until it becomes standard and normal.

It sounds like you're entering partial sleep paralysis, which is often what people are trying to achieve when seeking out of body experiences, or often just while meditating. The key is to let your breathing be the kind of breathing you have when you're sleeping. Let your body's autopilot take the breathing over.

Practice with meditation, especially guided meditation, that uses breathing techniques. I know you'll get it just fine!



Thanks so much! I managed to last 15 seconds while feeling this "near death" feeling, but I always wake up and gasp for air. It has been so easy to slip into this halfway paralysis state that I've been doing it in meditation and trying to Astral Project. I'll try and work on breathing and counting a pattern and keep you guys updated if you're interested. I feel like i am so close to an OBE but there is something blocking me. I'll keep trying though, it's all about patience!




Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests