Does Ergot open senses or it doesn't and makes you hallucinate?

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There have been suggestions that the reason why 'medieval humans' as in the normal common everyday people were more prone to seeing apparition was because of the ergot fungus's influences on their food supply which was for the large majority of people. It made them see 'apparitions' including during the witch trials in some places, were those thoughtforms if real in that case.

So in your opinion does Ergot open your sense or makes you 'hallucinate' in reality? Opinions here?

People who've taken it report being more prone to 'seeing apparitions' themselves.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I am never going to recommend ingesting or taking a hallucinogen in the attempt to increase paranormal perception. I, personally, would have a hard time trusting that anything I perceived was a real paranormal thing, as opposed to a hallucination.

Some cultures use different hallucinogens, but they have a whole tradition built around it and they learn what to do from people who are trained in their use, over many generations. That's a much different situation than someone just randomly getting hold of a drug or other hallucinogen and using it without guidance.

I would recommend building skills via practice, rather than via ingesting anything, as there is no risk of accidental overdose or creating a drug dependency that way. JMO.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I am never going to recommend ingesting or taking a hallucinogen in the attempt to increase paranormal perception. I, personally, would have a hard time trusting that anything I perceived was a real paranormal thing, as opposed to a hallucination.

Some cultures use different hallucinogens, but they have a whole tradition built around it and they learn what to do from people who are trained in their use, over many generations. That's a much different situation than someone just randomly getting hold of a drug or other hallucinogen and using it without guidance.

I would recommend building skills via practice, rather than via ingesting anything, as there is no risk of accidental overdose or creating a drug dependency that way. JMO.
Well not saying its a replacement but just asking about its properties if there are any.

Its not that the people of the past ingested it on purpose but ergot was a fungus that commonly grew in their food or rye based delicacies in countryside villages. Its said to be responsible for the 'apparitions' used to back up the witch trials or caused the witch hunts supposedly.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”