Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed

I have been practicing Astral Projection for around a month now, and while I know it takes time to truly master or even project at all, I've come across a barrier I can't seem to pass. Everytime i get close to projecting, and my body is numb, I cannot feel myself breathe and I begin to freak out. I enter the vibrational stage for a second or two, but my fear of not breathing causes me to focus on my physical body and not my astral one. Also, I have never felt my astral limbs seperating from my physical body. What can I do?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmmmm, maybe meditation to control your panic and breathing exercises to calm the breathing? : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Also work with your acceptance of death. Sounds funny, but somewhere in there your brain is telling you you're in danger and if you really want to get past that point of the hyper-focus, it would be wise to engage death energy to some degree.. understand it and how it works and flows for a readiness of surmounting the expectations of physicality.

Phantom_Knight
new here
new here

I wondered about my brain thinking I am dying, because it feels like it! I feel this pain in my chest, and my heart is racing, and my brain starts fo fog and I honestly feel like I am truly dying. How do I get past that point? Can visualizations help, or a different technique? I'm trying to connect with my spirit in the Astral, which is why I am so motivated to succeed.

Phantom_Knight
new here
new here

Noctua wrote:Also work with your acceptance of death. Sounds funny, but somewhere in there your brain is telling you you're in danger and if you really want to get past that point of the hyper-focus, it would be wise to engage death energy to some degree.. understand it and how it works and flows for a readiness of surmounting the expectations of physicality.
Phantom_Knight wrote:I wondered about my brain thinking I am dying, because it feels like it! I feel this pain in my chest, and my heart is racing, and my brain starts fo fog and I honestly feel like I am truly dying. How do I get past that point? Can visualizations help, or a different technique? I'm trying to connect with my spirit in the Astral, which is why I am so motivated to succeed.

Cr1ogeN
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wiser
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Try fasting only with water for 2-3 days or dry fasting if you can handle it. This period will humble you and empower you at the same time. You will begin to see how strong the human body is and as Noctua said, you will not be so afraid of dying anymore.

Knowledge is Power
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would be careful about not taking in water. People can and do die or get terribly sick due to dehydration. If you are going to fast, I would recommend drinking water regularly to prevent organ failure.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I would be careful about not taking in water. People can and do die or get terribly sick due to dehydration. If you are going to fast, I would recommend drinking water regularly to prevent organ failure.
Yes. This is very true. You can become deathly ill in three days. It can affect blood volume and then blood pressure. You may survive for weeks without food, but the same does not apply for water.

RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

When working at this, get used to regulating your breathing. Pick a relaxing breathing pattern and count it. Make sure you maintain it until it becomes standard and normal.

It sounds like you're entering partial sleep paralysis, which is often what people are trying to achieve when seeking out of body experiences, or often just while meditating. The key is to let your breathing be the kind of breathing you have when you're sleeping. Let your body's autopilot take the breathing over.

Practice with meditation, especially guided meditation, that uses breathing techniques. I know you'll get it just fine!

Phantom_Knight
new here
new here

RavenConspiracy wrote:When working at this, get used to regulating your breathing. Pick a relaxing breathing pattern and count it. Make sure you maintain it until it becomes standard and normal.

It sounds like you're entering partial sleep paralysis, which is often what people are trying to achieve when seeking out of body experiences, or often just while meditating. The key is to let your breathing be the kind of breathing you have when you're sleeping. Let your body's autopilot take the breathing over.

Practice with meditation, especially guided meditation, that uses breathing techniques. I know you'll get it just fine!

Thanks so much! I managed to last 15 seconds while feeling this "near death" feeling, but I always wake up and gasp for air. It has been so easy to slip into this halfway paralysis state that I've been doing it in meditation and trying to Astral Project. I'll try and work on breathing and counting a pattern and keep you guys updated if you're interested. I feel like i am so close to an OBE but there is something blocking me. I'll keep trying though, it's all about patience!

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”