neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: RavenFlight
Zodiac:

I've been calling my dragon by Auzréa for a week now without looking at the customer notes and I've only just looked at them today to find that it wasn't her name at all (Marjorel is her name, for those who are curious). The same happened with my Ubi who came today. He had the names "Roiziel" and "Rendel" in a dream I had about him, but I went by Roiziel since that came up first.

Turns out that his name was Rendel lol. I'm looking at the customer notes in the future. They've forgiven me though, thank goodness. XD

(They gave me permission to post their names here).

--My Spirit Family--

Western Blue Dragon "M" -Spirit- (CH)

------

Blessed be, for mother nature watches over all types and matters of her children.
Dreamsong
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 225
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons + werewolves
Zodiac:

I had a similar thing happen with my karkadaan. I read the notes, wrote his name down... and then I just started calling him something entirely different. I realized months later that I was referring to him by a name that wasn't given. Weirdly, when I checked in with a pendulum... he seemed to prefer what I'd been calling him. Like a nickname or something, I guess? He's the only one that that's happened with though, so sometimes I wonder if his conjurer 'heard' incorrectly...? 1spt

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Yep I can relate to that, and have done that a few notable times. Always was super stressed after, cause it felt like I was misunderstanding/mishearing everything. : 3 How our brains interpret astral is weird sometimes. They've always been patient, albeit somewhat amused at my blundering along occasionally. But we've worked on it. :) I'm very... intent on making notes whenever I meet someone astrally now, however, lest I misrememberer their name again. XD
I have real difficulty with names, including in my offline life. Someone can tell me their name, and an hour later, if I don't really cement it in my head, it won't be recalled. Which can be quite embarrassing...

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Your companions can have many names. They might also not want to give their real name to the conjurer and use an alias, or the conjurer mispelled it. Another thing could be that the companion in question has a special name they want you to call them.

For example, I had a companion visit me in a dream and told me his name. When I got the info from the conjurer, a completely different name was written down. Both names applied to him. There was another time where a companion had a name mispelled by the conjurer for whatever reason.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Names are just words. Sometimes beings "leave" old names behind, when they start a new live section and give themselve a new name, or let someone else choose their name with them. I had several occasions, where this happened. Maybe your dragon wants to be called Azuréa from now on, because you, as her new human companion, means a new section of her life :p

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

This happens, I think it's funny and embarrassing 1e happened to me with one of my first spirits, it was a demon and I called him Youthore as I thought that's his name, it was actually written on a paper but the hand writing was nearly unrecognizable and well, I got it totally wrong. I found out that he wanted me to name him, so about half a year later, I finally gave him a name which he agreed to and I was soooo embarrassed that I called him like that for such a long time.... geez. I still facepalm over this.

OwlSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
My magical/paranormal name...: RavenFlight
Zodiac:

Lol, I'll stil call them by the names that I gave them from time to time as nicknames, but I just refer to them by their birth names now. They don't mind it at all and will often use them as an alias when I often talk about them.

--My Spirit Family--

Western Blue Dragon "M" -Spirit- (CH)

------

Blessed be, for mother nature watches over all types and matters of her children.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”