You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

I've seen some troubling threads around lately where people have been interacting very unsafely with spirits. I've decided to post this piece written by someone elsewhere. Unfortunately, I can't cite their username or link them due to forum rules. I hope, if they're here and see this, they'll forgive me.

Please read these carefully and consider them. None of these things should ever occur with your spirits, period. If your spirit does a single one of these things, you need to reconsider your relationship with that spirit. If they are bound, you need to seriously consider adding additional constraints to their binding. If they are unbound, you need to seriously consider banishing them and improving your wards.
Spiritual Abuse Red-Flags

Spirit work is such a fulfilling practice. And yet, as rewarding as it is, it can also be incredibly harmful. We are used to seeing warning posts about entities that do jarringly obvious terrible things. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking this is the only sort of danger that might come from spirit work as a practice. However, emotional/psychological abuse is also (unfortunately) common and can be deeply damaging.

This is a list of some red-flags to look out for when working with an entity.

1. They tell you power/success can only be achieved through following them. They reject/mock/belittle all other spiritual paths and proclaim their way to be The One True Way.

2. They isolate you and block you from communicating with other entities and/or people. They might say that “your path is a lonely one”. “You only need them.” “Your relationship must remain a secret.” “They are only doing it for your own good.”

3. They discourage you from looking after your mental health, physical health, emotional, and social well-being. They might say that “if you use medications your powers will wane.” Or that “having a social life will distract you from your spiritual path.”

4. They do things without your consent, over and over again, regardless of the impact it has on your health and emotional well-being. Discussions on boundaries are ignored.

5. They nurture feelings of codependency and paranoia. They will tell you “you only need them” while also belittling all outside sources. They might discourage critical thinking, safe discernment practices, and healthy interactions with other members of the spiritual community.

6. They get angry if you question them. They punish you for attempting to better understand yourself or your own spiritual practice.

7. They claim that your spirituality and intrinsic fulfillment both hinge on working with them.

8. They claim only they can give you what you truly want, or they offer things that sound “too good to be true.”

9. Interacting with them consistently makes you feel sick, tired, emotionally and physically drained, afraid, etc.

10. You notice yourself losing grip of your “real life” as they continue to push you to delve deeper into the occult.

11. They encourage unsafe spirit work practices.

12. They want you to enter into a contract or to devote yourself without discussion. They also want you to do this very quickly.

13. They place unreasonable boundaries and expectations on your relationship.

14. They gaslight you and/or do not hold their end of a bargain/contract.

15. They threaten your safety and well-being or the safety and well-being of your loved ones.

To finish this post, I would like to remind everyone that spirituality should not make you feel broken and miserable. It might be challenging at times, yes, but if it does not bring you happiness and fulfillment at the end of the day, then please take some time to think about your own spirituality. Additionally, if you have been or are currently in a spiritual relationship that checks off many of these red flags…. it is not your fault.

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

This is good for everyone thanks for posting c:

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
CitySpots9
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is great!
It is good to remember that your relationships with spirits are similar to those with humans - most people wouldn't want to tolerate another human treating them like this, and if they did it would be considered extremely wrong by society - so why would you accept it from a spirit?
You are just two individuals, regardless of form. And like any relationship mutual respect is a must.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would especially review this list if there were a troublesome unbound, as a reputable conjurer would include restrictions in the binding contract against harming the keeper or those the keeper holds dear. But unbounds have no such set of rules to follow, so they might do as they please until being presented with the choice of "follow house rules or leave". And at that point, if they continue to violate your boundaries, even if they claim to be your soulmate or twin flame, they need to be banished. Remember that real soulmates and twin flames don't mistreat you. Ever.

I point this out because of the many folks here who seek intimacy and romance, rather than power, from spirit keeping. No matter what the intimate moments feel like, if they mistreat you at other times, it's a toxic situation and it needs to be dealt with, just as it would for an abusive physical partner.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Good list, kinda like danger signs of cult-like behavior:
http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm
http://abuse.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_checklist
https://culteducation.com/warningsigns.html
http://www.prem-rawat-talk.org/forum/up ... istics.htm
And not limited to spiritual, religious, and paranormal topics, it can also be social, ideological, self-help groups etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Yup, they should let you treat them the way they treat you, no one-way anything.

As noted above, it applies to all relationships - human, spirit, Devil or God. If any human, spirit, Devil or God tells you to hate / torture / kill others who do not believe as you do, that is not the relationship type you want to be involved in.

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
xxMrS4nxx
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 9
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Being
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know
Zodiac:

Nice list thanks for posting this

I'm a newbie and will stay a newbie for more than 10 year maybe! 2wk 2wk
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Completely agree with this, honestly saddening that this sorta stuff happens >.< Thank you for posting this Raven, hopefully it helps some people out there

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Roseflare
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Roseflare

Thank you for this post. It’s helped me come to the realization that a spirit in my keep wasn’t good for me. I’ve contacted her conjurer and she will be unbinded from me.
It’s very sad, but it’s better for me and my family.

Family: vermilion dragon, Volkh, duojna, butterfly fae, pollinating fae, Norse tiger, Lakas Fairy, Queen Astral Star Fairy, Black Forest Fae, Fairy Hound, portal Fae, flower fairy, Couril Fae, Divine Dragon
RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

Roseflare wrote:Thank you for this post. It’s helped me come to the realization that a spirit in my keep wasn’t good for me. I’ve contacted her conjurer and she will be unbinded from me.
It’s very sad, but it’s better for me and my family.
That's very sad, but I'm also really glad this helped someone. <3

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”