Meditation Advice

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

Hi guys,

So I was wondering how to extend the time in my meditation sessions with my companions? I'm finding there's only so much I have to say (I'm not the biggest conversationalist lol) so does anyone have any advice?

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Have you tried asking them to tell you more about themselves? Their history, what their homeland was like, who they loved, who they hated, who were their rivals, etc.? Seems like an endless well of fascination to be had if you take some time to get to know them/their pasts better.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

You don't actually need to be the one to do all the conversing, why not just let things come to you naturally? That is part of how you practice picking up on your Spirits.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I frequently offer sensations/emotions like gratitude, love, awe.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I frequently offer sensations/emotions like gratitude, love, awe.

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

How about trying a guided journey with them? That's been a fun experience for me, even when I just use the guided part as a step off point and go from there.

Also, do keep in mind that meditating for 15 minutes at a time more frequently is much more useful than long meditations only done every once in awhile! It is more about persistence than about "getting it all in." Most of my normal meditations only last about 15-20 minutes. I could go longer, but I don't feel the need to.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

Thanks for the advice, everyone! :)
CerataPhthalma wrote:How about trying a guided journey with them? That's been a fun experience for me, even when I just use the guided part as a step off point and go from there.

Also, do keep in mind that meditating for 15 minutes at a time more frequently is much more useful than long meditations only done every once in awhile! It is more about persistence than about "getting it all in." Most of my normal meditations only last about 15-20 minutes. I could go longer, but I don't feel the need to.
I like the sounds of a guided journey with my companions, thank you Cerata. I'd really like to try that. What you say about 15 minute meditations done more frequently as oppose to longer meditations once in a while, makes sense. I'll keep this in mind, thank you very much.

Valkirija
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

I had and somewhat still have the same problem, simply because I do not hear my guys well. Just recently I started to get thoughts answering my questions. So it starts to sound like a conversation in my head. But it's not always present, and I'm anxious when noone answers. So I definitely feel your pain, Ryla :)

Ayris7
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ayri

I cann't meditate with my companions. I'm starting to strain. This can be because of the fact that I have recently met and apparently I do not trust them so much to relax?

Return to “Meditation”