Mind addicted to simulation?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

How to get out of it? It seems that my mind is always trying to find something to do or ponder on in order to keep it simulated. Whether its reading, exploring, talking, listening, replying/chatting, watching something or virtual things. And when not there's sounds/music playing over in my head, how to learn to live without it?

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Give yourself a time limit. Like any work out you're not going to be pumping iron 24/7. Anything strenuous should be limited to 20 minutes to 1 hour max. Meditation is after all a mental exercise. You can build up longer endurance once you get better.

Start with 5 if you have a serious case of monkey mind, and then go on with your day. After all we came into this world because we wanted to play and participate. So you don't have to deny yourself any of that.

If during meditation you start wandering. Focus on the breath. Sometimes we need an activity to stay in the present. I would also find a chore you like. For me that's gardening or hiking.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Samsara wrote:Give yourself a time limit. Like any work out you're not going to be pumping iron 24/7. Anything strenuous should be limited to 20 minutes to 1 hour max. Meditation is after all a mental exercise. You can build up longer endurance once you get better.

Start with 5 if you have a serious case of monkey mind, and then go on with your day. After all we came into this world because we wanted to play and participate. So you don't have to deny yourself any of that.

If during meditation you start wandering. Focus on the breath. Sometimes we need an activity to stay in the present. I would also find a chore you like. For me that's gardening or hiking.
What to do about music playing in your head to compensate for simulation, and desire to browse something or chat somewhere also related?

Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
Zodiac:

You might want to check with a doctor about that. If you feal you may panic without said stimulation it could point to OCD. It could also suggest ADD, ADHD, or an Autism Spectrum disorder (which my doctor says I may have. I don't panic or feel bad without stimulation, but I feel a very strong urge to pursue my interests to their absolute full potential, and sometimes its hard to switch off)

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I don't see my desire to listen to music, chat or browse an addition. I see it as a desire to learn and expand my mind.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Music playing in your head is normal, as I've told you before. I have music playing in my head all the time. I don't control it, but it is super helpful when trying to de-stress and relax, and I generally don't need to play music on a device since I've got an internal IPod going 24/7.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I have "earworms", songs in my head, often. It's only an issue if it's a song I'm not too crazy about, at which point I try to supplant it by playing other music instead. (A few years ago, there was a jingle on a TV ad that used to bug the daylights out of me, but every time I saw the ad I'd get that freaking song in my head! Argh! Drove me bananas.)

If you've never been screened for ADD, ADHD, etc., now would be a good time to chat up your doctor about your symptoms. There are treatments for these things, and the posts about overthinking and other things like this thread seem to suggest that one of these conditions might be the reason why.

Leaving the metaphysical aspect out of the discussion would probably be ideal, except for maybe describing how you're interested in taking up meditating to relax and it's proving far harder than expected, due to the mental activity being so prevalent.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I have "earworms", songs in my head, often. It's only an issue if it's a song I'm not too crazy about, at which point I try to supplant it by playing other music instead. (A few years ago, there was a jingle on a TV ad that used to bug the daylights out of me, but every time I saw the ad I'd get that freaking song in my head! Argh! Drove me bananas.)

If you've never been screened for ADD, ADHD, etc., now would be a good time to chat up your doctor about your symptoms. There are treatments for these things, and the posts about overthinking and other things like this thread seem to suggest that one of these conditions might be the reason why.

Leaving the metaphysical aspect out of the discussion would probably be ideal, except for maybe describing how you're interested in taking up meditating to relax and it's proving far harder than expected, due to the mental activity being so prevalent.
I tried meditating while 'overthinking' and found that overthinking basically also has something to do with pulse or heart beating very quickly. I could basically feel the pulse in my body and head going very quickly, causing a tendency to maybe do something or get active?

It stopped me from sleeping often in the past and still does now, but when the pulse goes down I can fall asleep alright.

xxMrS4nxx
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 9
If I could be anything, I would be...: Divine Being
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

Your mind kinda okay compared to me it always imagining myself as some sort of superbeing and i thought i got chuunibyou syndrome

I'm a newbie and will stay a newbie for more than 10 year maybe! 2wk 2wk
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

One thing that has helped me is learning how to observe the thinker. Eckhart Tolle discusses this in his book The Power of Now. It's not a new concept,and has been brought up by great teachers of spiritual nature many times. As humans, we so identify with the mind, to the point where it often takes over our entire life, and we forget how to be our true self. Especially in this busy fast pace world that has so many distractions. His book, and some seminars are on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Return to “Meditation”