Familiars

CitySpots9
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hello all, I've been looking around and can't find a topic on familiars!
All of a sudden I've had a bunch show up in my life - I was under the impression that we only had one (boy was I wrong!)
What is yours like? What do they bring to your life? What gifts and abilities do they bring to your table?
I'd love to know everything and anything you all have on the familiars in your life!

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Familiars are a very vast topic. What kind are we talking?

CitySpots9
new here
new here

Hopefully to get the ball rolling...
My very first is a Hyena. He is cunning, sneaky and my best friend! If I had half his brains I would rule the world by now. He manages to get into places others can only dream of.
I love him with all my heart.
He is so loyal and tolerant of me - I keep his vessel with me everywhere I go and chatter to him about EVERYTHING. I think he would like me to be into more of my own magick but everything happens in its own time, and I feel that time is coming pretty soon.
The next 2 CH has only just sent to me - one was an unbound Lion who my Hyena told me about in a dream. I guess he likes it here because he agreed with extreme speed to be bound. Apparently his last companion was an ancient Warlock. I'm super excited to meet him!
There is something so thrilling about being chosen by a spirit or entity, that they were just strolling by and were like "hey, I kinda like this place. And the human? Pretty neat! I think I'll stay and be bound for the duration of its life!'
I get this mental picture of putting my profile up on CH and just waiting for spirits and entities to choose a binding of me.... if only I could!

CitySpots9
new here
new here

All kinds!
Everyone is so intrinsically different that I'd imagine everyone's familiar is tailored just to them, and what they need. They bring so much to our lives, I'd love to know what they bring to each of the individuals on the forum.
What does your familiar appear as and what do they bring to your life?

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Since this thread seems open to familiars of all natures here is another type of familiar spirit, though these are Japanese in origin; shikigami, NOT to be confused with shinigami the Japanese gods of death. The shikigami act similar to familiars in western culture. I myself feel a pull to acquire one or more in the future, I get the impression that at the very least they are overlooked, and can definetly offer a unique view of magick and how to best utilize it that a western familiar may not be able to.

RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

I have a few familiar spirits to speak of.

I have a raven, who is a wonderful companion and teaches me to work instinctively and connect directly to magic, to tap into it and let it flow. He also teaches me to think outside the box and look at the logic and moral systems of magical beings.

I have a cat sith who is likewise a wonderful companion, brilliant conversationalist, and wonderful mouser. (He "mouses" as he calls it, but he drives nasty things away from my space or destroys them.) He likewise teaches connection to the fae world and understanding it. He's also a wonderful comforter.

I have a cat who's skilled at protective magic, spells, teaches folk magic, helps me connect with animals, and has great skill in soothing anxiety and depression. Honestly, she's my sweet little girl.

I have (have?) a familiar spirit who is an ancient human-fae wizard. He's elusive, and guides me in mysterious ways that I don't always notice.

I have (have?) a familiar spirit who is a not so ancient wizard who works with spirits much the same way I do, and so helps me understand my role in connection to the spirit world, which helps me do my thing better.

I have additional spirits I learn from, but I don't know that I can list them all here. They would, traditionally, count as familiar spirits much like the last two I listed.

Rexielle
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Many different kinds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

I love this thread! Familiars can give us so much joy and teach us important lessons, and they are wonderful companions too.

I have a wolf who has been with me for 16 years. He is black with white markings on his face. He has taught me the importance of loyalty and being my own self instead of conforming to what others might like me to be.

I have a deer who has been with me for about 4 years, she has taught me the importance of staying in the moment, recognizing the cycles of life as natural and sacred, and of listening and being more aware of my environment.

I feel blessed to have their guidance and love in my life.

Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.

My spirits I am working with this week: (A) Courtwind Angel, (A) English Psy Vampire, (B) Water Rabbit Spirit Guide, (J) Rosemary Elf, (M) Yurei, and (T) Karkadann Shifter
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

My first familiar was a deer who represented the fool card i.e beginner, starting his first journey. It was there when I first started my journey at 8 years old, of course, I had an air elemental as well watching out for me but she did that under her own accord and left pretty quickly. Over time I ended up with a raven and a crow as I went into a type of spiritual shamanic journey type thing. Now I have no spirit guide after reaching a point of where I need to be after almost 2 decades pretty soon.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
That is interesting having familiars that are connected to tarot. Can you tell why it was linked to the fool card, just curious.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

The tarot the fool is about someone who is just starting their journey, often called the child. I was just starting my journey in energy work and it was there to guide me, until I reached a point.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.

Return to “Creatures”