The people out there that 'can't visualize' for whatever reasons or don't do it functionally?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I did some research and read about it, seems like a pretty scary issue that can affect pretty much anyone, you never know. So it would be best to cover this topic.

I saw a person on here mention they have this condition, and its known as 'Aphantasia' which refers to a person being 'blind in their mind's eye'. What would you have to say about this condition for anybody who has it? There was a situation where a person got it after waking up from their surgery it said on a news article.

Or not necessarily this but due to whatever reasons if a person 'can't visualize' as I've seen in a chat?

How would those people due to whatever reasons who 'can't visualize' get around this in any of their magickal or spirit work and so forth?

Conditions like this go to show why living on the physical plane or this one atleast with its current level of technology can suck. Because it turns out that whenever a person has any kind of condition that's ingrained its very difficult to near impossible for them to change it.

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Only very new beginners get stuck on the "visuals" of visualization - the important thing is to know what you're doing and to know it is happening. Visualization helps trigger the sensual aspect of the experience which can ground your work in the physical realm, but you can get past that with willpower.

I don't know about the aphantasia thing though, that could be more serious.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I wonder if the folks with this condition can retrain their brains to resume being able to create mental images? The human brain can sometimes remap itself to allow other areas to take over the job formerly done by damaged areas. These are people who woke up with aphantasia in the aftermath of surgery, so my suspicion is something went awry during the process, even if it was not a life-threatening mishap.

My guess is that the person would have to go through therapy similar to what a stroke patient must do in order to re-learn lost abilities and retrain their brain to do the desired job again.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”