Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Just as some people have negative experiences in interacting with energies and spirits from the darker side of the spectrum, so you can the white/lighter energies give peole adverse effects. Just because it's labeled WA does not mean everyone is going to be compatible with the energies. It all depends on your personal energy and what you are atuned to. People who have energy of a lighter vibration are going to work well with and benefit from spirits and magick attuned to the lighter spectrum, whereas those who are of a darker vibration are going to benefit more from spirits and magick of a darker essence. What works for one will not work for another, and it is up to the individual to figure out where they personally fit. No one else has your exact energy signature, and while suggestions from others can be helpful, they aren't the end-all-be-all for each and every person out there.

I'll use myself as an example. I am someone who is aligned with energies on the much darker scale, and when interacting with lighter energy I get very negative effects. In the presence of angels or other similar beings, I go into very intense panic and anxiety attacks, because that vibration of energy is bad for me, and definitely not fun to be around. On the other hand, the energy of entities with vibrations considered very DA or BA are very relaxing, and bring about a sense of peace when in their presence, and I tend to work well with them.

As with any energy though, you need to find what resonates with you best. For many people it happens to be the darker spectrum of energy. Do not be afraid if you happen to fall into this side of the spectrum, as the darkness is very beautiful, and when harnessed be very empowering.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Bumpity bump. I think this is important.

Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

Personally, I feel that allowing ANY type of energy to reduce a person to a panic attack, is serious cause for concern because it can put a person in a dangerous position - the individual is unable to think clearly and thus, they are no longer in control of the situation.

In life, we are faced with different energies from various types of people. In order to become strong, well-rounded individuals, we need to learn how to successfully cope with these energies. I personally believe it is no different within one's spiritual journey - we need to learn how to handle (and even sometimes work with) energies we may not like or feel aligned with.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I have to say I agree with Akimah. There's more to this as well. Here are my thoughts..

As someone who myself resonates to the 'dark', I most exclusively surround myself with that as it is what uniquely brings luck, positivity, and progress to my path. I therefore manage and connect much better usually with 'dark arts'.

Let me just say though, there was a time that I felt anxious/apprehensive about what those here consider the 'white arts', this was something I have since overcome. On a dark path you must be able to confront those things which bring you discomfort and reconcile them, rather than repress or run from them. If you're just looking to settle with that which brings you immediate 'peace' then you're not really being illuminated. It's best to understand *why* you react a certain way to lighter energies and confront this. It could be 'all in your head', as humans we are prone to working ourselves up about something to that extent.
On a journey to self mastery, nothing that triggers opposition/disharmony should be able to control you to this detriment.

To add, the reality in my view is that 'dark arts', and 'white arts', or dark and light, can only factor as a segregation to a point.. and being exposed to that dichotomy so much may really give the mind misguided preconceived notions over the reality of an experience. Something labeled as 'white arts' should not immediately foretell their presence will bring you to panic, etc. Light and dark are both far more complex.
I personally have come to not distinguish so simply, but rather via the nuances of frequencies which are attached to a spirit or energy. Too often the lines blur.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

So far the only definition of DA or BA that I have been given is that it is about the ability to cause harm. And then I hear that it isn't really about the ability to cause harm, but there isn't some other distinction. This thing about light and dark doesn't make sense to me either; there is no positive aspect to dark. It is just the absence of light, the way cold is the absence of heat. If you want to describe an energy as dark, that really just says that it is a low quality or low-frequency energy - but it still wouldn't be an energy unless it had some minimal positive quality to it. Getting to my point, I would suggest distinctions based on Dr. Hawkins's map of consciousness.

So let's say that if it is 200+, it is WA. 100-199 could be DA. And 0-99 could be BA. Or maybe BA could be 0-50. And everyone has an average energy level somewhere on the scale. A comfort zone, you could say.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I'm getting waery on saying things on the forum relating to my thoughts,opinions,e.t.c but I feel like saying something so please no one take this wrongly.Relating to what akhima said would a instinctual need to mame or kill who are what is causing you pain even if its someone on tv harming someone for their own gain or the like count as a panic attack?

And to what inedible put my distinction would be the want to cause harm,the reason why to cause harm,and how to kill.I think the aspect that people don't like the thought of death or someone being alright with the aspect of killing and dieing these days is why that became the distinguishing points between them.Amost any living thing has the ability to harm and kill to me.Its just how offten is that ability used and why.I think and feel like I'll leave it at that.

blessed be

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Most people here wouldn't go up to someone and punch that person in the face. Lots of people here would use a Spirit or do a Spell to hurt someone because it is so much easier and less risky. Fortunately, the level of real damage a person can cause with magic is purely symbolic and close to nonexistent. If you go that route maybe it will make you feel better.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Inedible wrote:So far the only definition of DA or BA that I have been given is that it is about the ability to cause harm.
Sorry, but there are so many discussions here, I kind of find that unbelievable. You probably just didn't want to accept any of those definitions or just didn't care to read them.

Basically BA is unable to choose not to do harm and DA is able to do choose to be nice and goody goody or smash everything and anything in between. It's not about the ability to do harm, it's the choice that matters. Everything has the ability to do harm, even WA. Even Nymphos could punch your face and hurt you. They just never choose to do that.
Inedible wrote: This thing about light and dark doesn't make sense to me either; there is no positive aspect to dark. It is just the absence of light, the way cold is the absence of heat.
By that conclusion it wouldn't have a negative aspect either.
But that's not true. The dark is necessary. For example for regeneration. Plants grow in darkness and gather energy in light. Same as humans. If there was only light and no darkness, you'd go crazy, just like the other way around.
There, darkness is for growth, rest, regeneration. That's positive.
Also if you were able to see energies, it would make even more sense because that energy looks darker too.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: Also if you were able to see energies, it would make even more sense because that energy looks darker too.
You could choose to drink muddy, dirty water with poison mixed in for good measure (DA, BA). You could drink fresh, clean, pure water (WA). Either way, it is still water and you can drink it. Sort of like how you could choose from a variety of qualities and types of energies. Dark energy is not energy of darkness.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Inedible wrote:Dark energy is not energy of darkness.
Is that an intentional strawman? I never said that dark energy is of darkness. It has a darkness aspect to it.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Spirit Keeping”