sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

So at some point I left my physical body but wasn't aware until my astral body slipped and tripped and fell back into my physical and my whole body shook, startled me and I woke up. Has that ever happened to anyone? That makes me feel weird like my astral body has a mind of it's own. Whatever it went out to do, I have zero recollection. Sounds like that would be an awesome movie actually. Killer astral body. 2sc

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Calin
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them

Before I started controlling it, I had a couple of similar experiences. It felt like my body hit the ground hard when my bodies joined again. Remember you have been dreaming since you were a bub, so I wouldn't be too surprised that your astral body is going about its business while you are asleep ; )

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Samsara wrote:That makes me feel weird like my astral body has a mind of it's own. Whatever it went out to do, I have zero recollection. Sounds like that would be an awesome movie actually. Killer astral body. 2sc
It does and that's what happens 99% of the time you're asleep. Most people don't remember anything what their astral body does. While everybody tries to achieve obe's, their astral body is doing it's own thing. Same goes for the spiritual body, as I've heard.
Sometimes those memories stay with us in the form of dreams though, so there's that. Just interpreting the weirdness factor that comes with the translation of an astral experience to a dream in our heads, is a lot of work.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

This absolutely has happened to me!

Once I was attempting to levitate out of my body. I was really doing well, I thought; I felt weightless. Suddenly I crashed back down so hard I actually felt the bed bounce underneath me, which startled me into full consciousness, and it was bouncing when I opened my eyes.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

I wouldn't be too surprised that your astral body is going about its business while you are asleep ; )
I need to know what I am doing, because I have a tendency to regret my actions. LOL. I wonder why we forget. In my last visit, I found out stuff I wasn't supposed to know. Not like I was going to use it or anything.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

It does and that's what happens 99% of the time you're asleep. Most people don't remember anything what their astral body does. While everybody tries to achieve obe's, their astral body is doing it's own thing. Same goes for the spiritual body, as I've heard.
So which body then is having the OBE do you think?

chrysalis
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

[quote]So which body then is having the OBE do you think?/quote]

Would it be that the astral body is having the OBE, and the physical consciousness is synced with it, at least when your aware of it?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

chrysalis wrote: Would it be that the astral body is having the OBE, and the physical consciousness is synced with it, at least when your aware of it?
Of course the consciousness is synced with it. The tricky part in all of that is remembering it once you return to the body. Since the memories are in your astral body, you need to transfer them to the physical body.

That's why many guides to astral travelling mention that when you return to your body you should do so with strong emotions of joy and excitement, so it will imprint better into your memories.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Oh my gosh, let me tell you, I am not the most graceful person and this extends into astral travel and outer body appearances. One of my spirit companions constantly comes with me. M is a bit of a trouble maker, but what more can I expect from a cat boy? He's the life of the party! He's also the reason I thought I was going to crash and burn one night.

Had a successful liftoff, things were going smoothly, up up and away. And then he stops. Still not sure what he was staring at, I assume it was something shiny. Next thing I know, I am crashing back down, complete with flailing arms and an "Oh shi..." and BOOM, I jerked, the entire bed moves and I physically fall onto the floor. Boyfriend is standing in the doorway, looking at me like I had just been kicked out of a wrestling ring.

I've had other times when I've crashed down so hard that I've woken up gasping for air because it scared the crap out of me. Sometimes I feel like some of the astral entities I keep around like to play whack a mole and bop me on the head with a mallet to see how fast I'll drop before coming back cussing at them.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”