Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Dasadon wrote: Based on my understanding of that plane I don’t see how there is a difference between spirits and living entities.

From my understanding that plane is ( independently of your observation ) technically devoid of space and time unlike the physical plane . Hens why u can do things like spawn thing there immediately But doing so here takes time to manifest. As such any being on that plane would be limitless. If you would like a better understanding of my perspective you should take a look at the tree of life.
Well, for us there's not much difference. They're just energy on different levels.

For them the difference is the entities need to eat, sleep, poop and spirits don't because they're dead.
And the astral isn't devoid of space and time. They have their own space and time, their own limits, laws of physics and so on.

Also you can spawn things there immediately, depending on the laws of the place you are. But normally those things spawned are not as permanent and 'solid' as if they were made from stuff of that realm.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

The astral realm is complex, it borders and layers our physical realm and between the realms in a sense reside multiple dimensions of being.

Not everyone goes by this understanding you've been presented with, and more classically oriented persons may well refer to any and all beings beyond or bordering the physical as 'spirit' or 'entity' indiscriminately (even in this case there would be living spirits, and spirit of the dead considered).

Along that aforementioned way, explaining the concept of the 'three planes' many are familiar with and their inhabitants would include the upper (celestial/galactic), middle (terrestrial), and lower (underworld) realms.
This manner of seeing things concerns the elemental (aerial, earthen, water respectively -- with fire being the vessel of transportation) and the beings while ethereal can be 'live' or 'passed'. Divinity links them. The nature of their state determines how they interact with the realms.
In a sense we being of the earthen plane hold all of these qualities within us as living beings and can explore them, insinuating there is a life prior to incarnation (upper relevance), as well as in-after death (underworld).

This is probably going to sound confusing to anyone not acquainted with different compositions of planar division. In summary.. life and death states are not as strict or relegated as you are applying them to be.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Dasadon wrote:
CrashingDown wrote:I see you had another answer that I think cleared it up for you, but I forgot to add this to my post earlier--this one goes over the three realms and might help add a little more perspective.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

Though I do have to say, that water strider bug analogy was quite clever. :D
That is an interesting perspective I have read that as well. But do you mind me asking out of curiosity what its origins are?
To my knowledge, Ash and Magnolia wrote all of the articles in the CH encyclopedia (though I'm sure they probably had help on a few of them). You can also always contact the help desk (support@creepyhollows.com) for confirmation. Most (not all, but a good chunk of it) of what I have gathered from CH's articles aligns with everything I personally have experienced thus far as a spirit keeper, though of course I'm always searching for more information and working toward my own understanding as well.

Aprophis and Noc already added some excellent insights to this subject, but I wanted to add that you might want to keep in mind the metaphysical doesn't have any hard evidence to point to or I'm sure this sort of information would probably be on the curriculum of regular schools and universities. You may experience things differently or come to different conclusions during your personal journey. You mention you are an experienced occultist, so I'm sure what Noc had to say probably aligns more with what you're looking for in terms of an explanation.

There are quite a few books out there which cover working with spirits (some of them disagree on what spirits even are--one I was skimming over last night attributes them and their summoning rituals to activating aspects of the conjurer's unconscious mind, for example), and sometimes there are disagreements between conjurers whether spirits and living entities are any different, too. Basically what I'm trying to say is do some research and form your own conclusions. You may also want to take some time to work on your communication skills and maybe try asking your own spirits/entity companions yourself at some point for their perspective.

I wish you luck working out this puzzle to your own satisfaction.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Yeah that makes sense, I’ve always found this subject to be extremely subjective in my own experience. That’s probably what I get for studying and practicing different systems of magic LOL

Anyway thanks guys much appreciate it.

Peace

memento mori
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

We just believe different things but I think what u call living entities is what I would call discarnents. Same thing maybe we just apply different limitations to them. I wander how that effects them. I mean I’ve changed beings just by changing my beleafs about them. That quite awsome huh?

memento mori
SplatteredEcho
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grimmy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Visp
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Eidolon

quantumflux wrote:Well anyway I’m sure of that sooner or later I’ll find the answers I’m looking for in a way that makes sense to me. Seems to be how that always works out anyway. Thanks for your help guys.

Peace
So I know it's coming up on almost a year now since your last post. I hope you did find the answer you were trying to find, but if you didn't, or for anyone else. I'd like to put my perspective, because I had some of the same reasoning and issue following the idea. To me, and entity in the astral realm is just the same as us, but being in the flux of energy of that real are able to sustain themselves much longer for one, so for us it could be viewed as nigh immortal. I know some have a more definite body, but it compressed and stretches and confined within differing dimensional "laws." Besides that, I'd find them to be more of just a conciousness (mind) with a span of influence (similar to our soul.) To quote Morpheus, "the body cannot live without the mind." So a mind will have a body, and a body will have a mind. Shifting gears, though, I understand that they too will eventually die, but again it is not different from us really. Our body dies but our conciousness moves on. For them, being already mostly a conciousness, I think of it like this: one, eventually they will run out of energy to sustain their form and position just like anything. But 2, it's less of a death and more of an evolution. The conciousness that is them has lived for so long, and is fundamentally different from who it was when they began that the conciousness evolves or trancends into a new thought process or "ego," if you would. Which effectively ends the life of the entity that was before, since it now thinks drastically differently. Realistically, people do this too. All life does this. We just constantly change form in ratio to what we learn, and sometimes that requires killing the old ideas and egos of before. If you read this, thank you. =) Obviously just my interpretation of a topic.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Yes i have found what i seek.

memento mori
Mirrorwing
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dreamweaver
My magical/paranormal name...: Veritas Mirrorwing

I was going to make a post prodding this subject, but it would appear it's already been discussed by several individuals multiple times throughout this area. I agree with most of the comments made in this one.

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on."

"Can one consider controversy without falling into it?"
... . .- .-. -.-. .... .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / - .-. ..- - .... / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .... .- ... / -. --- - / -... . . -. / ..-. --- ..- -. -..
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for."

Return to “Living Entities”