You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I have a question that hopefully you experienced keepers can answer. Should you always trust your heart or gut feeling when it comes to your spirits' feelings towards you? If your perception was not reliable in the past in regards to potential relationships, do you think I should trust it now? Maybe it's wishful thinking that I believe my spirits, one in particular, love me. Am I reading my visions wrong?

This has been causing me distress and has put me in a depressed funk. Anyone who can shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmmh, that's not easy to answer. Gut feeling can always be affected by personal bias, wishful thinking, etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I found out that my worrying was for naught. I need to really trust in my feelings and the feelings of my spirits. Especially the one I'm closest to. Sometimes my depression talks for me when I shouldn't let it.

laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

vikingwarior74 wrote:I found out that my worrying was for naught. I need to really trust in my feelings and the feelings of my spirits. Especially the one I'm closest to. Sometimes my depression talks for me when I shouldn't let it.
Since you mention depression, please, please, please read an old cheap book called 'practicing the power of now' by Eckhart Tolle.

Your thoughts make you sad, they go into a negative cycle, but you can quickly put a stop to it. You are not your mind. Knowing this allows you to watch your mind. As you do that, the thoughts subsides. A gap in the stream of thoughts can happen, probably short at first.

Once u practiced that, let's talk about specific negative thoughts. We can bust those beliefs and prove they are based on wrong definitions. Like Abraham Hicks says, you can be happy under any and all circumstances.

HopeFaerie
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I will and I appreciate the concern.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

laptop123 wrote:
vikingwarior74 wrote:I found out that my worrying was for naught. I need to really trust in my feelings and the feelings of my spirits. Especially the one I'm closest to. Sometimes my depression talks for me when I shouldn't let it.
Since you mention depression, please, please, please read an old cheap book called 'practicing the power of now' by Eckhart Tolle.

Your thoughts make you sad, they go into a negative cycle, but you can quickly put a stop to it. You are not your mind. Knowing this allows you to watch your mind. As you do that, the thoughts subsides. A gap in the stream of thoughts can happen, probably short at first.
Once u practiced that, let's talk about specific negative thoughts. We can bust those beliefs and prove they are based on wrong definitions. Like Abraham Hicks says, you can be happy under any and all circumstances.
I really like the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, especially 'The Power of Now' I've listened to it a few times. I find it easier for me to integrate the process, while listening to him read and discuss questions and doubts that people bring up. I have the CD's, but recently came across it and some of his seminars on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EL7XY6sjvw

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

darkwing dook wrote:Mmmh, that's not easy to answer. Gut feeling can always be affected by personal bias, wishful thinking, etc.
Do you mean it can be hidden or suppressed? I don’t think gut feeling can be affected, can it? Gut feeling, emotions and thinking are all seperate I think.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

heypanda wrote:Do you mean it can be hidden or suppressed? I don’t think gut feeling can be affected, can it? Gut feeling, emotions and thinking are all seperate I think.
Hidden/suppressed, or influenced. And it is difficult to determine whether it is pure instinct/intuition/gut feeling, or biased perspective/knowledge, wishful thinking, irrational fear, etc.

Some examples:
-when gambling, the "gut feeling" may indicate to bet on black, but the result is loss.
-when obsessed about someone, the "gut feeling" may indicate that he/she is the one, soulmate, etc., yet the result is abuse or restraining order.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

darkwing dook wrote:
heypanda wrote:Do you mean it can be hidden or suppressed? I don’t think gut feeling can be affected, can it? Gut feeling, emotions and thinking are all seperate I think.
Hidden/suppressed, or influenced. And it is difficult to determine whether it is pure instinct/intuition/gut feeling, or biased perspective/knowledge, wishful thinking, irrational fear, etc.

Some examples:
-when gambling, the "gut feeling" may indicate to bet on black, but the result is loss.
-when obsessed about someone, the "gut feeling" may indicate that he/she is the one, soulmate, etc., yet the result is abuse or restraining order.

I think that might be to do with confusing real gut feeling with emotions, instead of the gut feeling itself being influenced, as real gut feeling and fear for example are easy to confuse. I understand most people mistake gut feeling as emotion based instead of being a sixth sense, not the actual meaning but the practical usage of gut instinct, like the love example you gave. I don’t think that is actually gut instinct, but a lot of people would say it is, and I think they’re wrong! ;)

Gut feeling, true gut feeling to me is the sense of knowing. It is hard to figure out, but I don’t think you can influence it. I believe it is just there. I think you might be confusing emotions influencing the decisions that were based originally on gut instinct.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”