Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grim Reaper
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure yet
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Coy
Zodiac:

Hello all. I've just recently discovered CH and have only just joined this community forum a few days ago. After reading through a few posts, I have a question.

When I was a teenager, I was able to see spirits around me and it was very easy for me to lucid dream. Those abilities left me during my 20's and 30's, but I have a reignited interest after feeling something was missing from my life.

I started practicing astral projection several weeks ago. Lucid dreaming returned to me fairly quickly, but I have never tried astral project until recently. I have gotten to a point where I can feel a disconnection happening, but I haven't quite gotten to mobility yet. I cannot propel myself around. I will get there, but my question is this:

I feel a distinct separation from my physical form during the day now. For example, while driving on the highway yesterday, there were a few times where I had to remind myself that I was driving a car and that I needed to focus on that whereas I felt myself floating around outside of my body. Is this normal when beginning to practice astral projection?

Filat
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 43
Spelled Number: 18
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

It can be for some people, but it is generally wise to rule out potential medical issues before attributing experiences, especially anything like any sort of disorientation or dizziness, to meta experiences- just to be safe.

If it is related to your recent practice with AP, it may be due to not grounding or not spending enough time grounding after practice and after lucid dreaming experiences. Have you spent time cleansing and centering yourself after practicing and in the morning? If yes, would you mind sharing what methods you used?

Filat Arcangelus, owner of The Spirit's Keep

The number of companions in the sidebar is, for me, bound companions from other conjurers- self-bound, unbound, and those visiting or undergoing vetting makes that fluctuate from around 80 to 600 at any given time, though many undergoing vetting aren't necessarily given free run of the place initially
cyonce
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hello Filat. Thank you for the reply.

Other than getting into a focused, meditative state to raise my vibration levels, I do not do anything specific for grounding or centering. I would welcome any suggestions that you may have for improving.

It does not seem to related to anything health wise as I have recently had a physical. I have suffered in the past from anemia and do suffer from vertigo. The anemia is in check at the moment.

Filat
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm really glad the anemia is under control, and that your physical went well!

There are an insane number of ways to ground and just as many to center, and most grounding exercises include a centering aspect even though it isn't usually outright named as such, because it can be a little harder to pin down. A few of my go-tos are sitting down in a comfortable position and focusing on my physical senses one by one, and listing off what I hear, see, etc; sitting outside and pulling up clean energy from the ground into myself; holding a chunk of granite or black tourmaline for a few minutes and focusing on both the texture and energy of the stone; starting with my toes and tensing and relaxing each set of muscles in my body working up to my head; and doing a short deep breathing exercise and focusing on where I stop, both physically and energetically, and where everything else starts. Basically, anything you can do that will help you return to a very defined "this is me" and "this is not me" state should help. An effective grounding session should leave you feeling calm, peaceful, and exceptionally stable and solid. Doing so before AP helps top off energy and sort of declutter yourself so you'll feel like you're working with "less" in a way, and have a more defined view of yourself to move around in my experience, and grounding after is something I'll always recommend because it helps recover from energetic drain from AP in addition to completely nixing the floating/detached feeling.

The number of companions in the sidebar is, for me, bound companions from other conjurers- self-bound, unbound, and those visiting or undergoing vetting makes that fluctuate from around 80 to 600 at any given time, though many undergoing vetting aren't necessarily given free run of the place initially
cyonce
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Wow! Thank you Filat. This is very helpful. I will try the granite or tourmaline route first as I have that readily available. Thank you again.

Filat
new here
new here
Zodiac:

No problem! I hope it goes well :) Good luck!

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”