Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So, after telling myself.. "No more entities or spirits" I find another two who seem to be knocking on the door to let them in. I'm glad to take them... but I've seen things around from (tumblr people) that spirits of different cultures shouldn't be kept by others not involved in the culture. You think this is true? I think it's okay as long as the spirit agrees on that person... but I'm still deciding whether it would be seen as bad or not for me to bring home this entity (who would know right? just me and the entity). Maybe I care too much about what others think when it comes to this situation...? I have been interested in the culture for a long while... I guess it all depends on the spirit now...

SummerStarz
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 324
Spelled Number: 49
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Summer Starz
Zodiac:

Forget what others say about that if the spirit or entity wishes to be with you then so be it btw tumblr is crap for that kind of stuff in my opinion.

Family of 280
I have walked the paths of time but have never found a soul that shines as bright as yours
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 58

You'll be just fine. I don't believe there is any truth in what you heard on tumblr. In fact, it's a great thing, as it opens you up to learning from a different cultural perspective.

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Tumblr is a wonderful place but... ehhh at the same time >.>

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath
Cheshire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I also agree with everything above, if a spirit wants to work with you and you want to work with them that's all that matters. I find the spirit keeping/companion community on tumblr to be well meaning but Tumblr in general can be a little bit toxic, miguided and extreme in some cases.

Dead
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Lord Grishnak
Zodiac:

I am an Indonesian, yet my first spirit is Egyptyan Djinn. I have 2 compagnion in my care, none of em are involve with my culture...

When the conjurer summon them, they don't care who or where u from

They whispering my name in fear
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I'd guess it would depend on the conjurers, the conjuring-binding method, and the spirits/entities.

The conjurers may have their own set of believes and convictions regarding this. Forcing them to conjure and bind outside their believes may result in lesser quality work and service.

The conjuring-binding method itself may have certain specification regarding the clients' profile. E.g. if the client is male, it's like this, if female, like that, or if the client is in X religion, use this, if not, use that, etc. Or if it is something like forceful binding, it may require clients to live within the area or understand the tradition, culture etc. fully to keep it comfortable.

And of course the spirits/entities themselves, if they do not like certain thing, then it's not wise to conjure and bind them to someone related to that thing.

That said, most conjurers here have no restriction mentioned above. But it's always good to verify first with the conjurer directly : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
StormyTiger
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't pick just one!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ruby
Zodiac:

In my opinion, if the spirit is willing to work with someone outside their culture, then it's fine. People who try and speak for an entire species of spirit saying 'this species only works with these people' are wrong in my opinion. Spirits, even within the same species are individuals. Some cultural spirits will absolutely only want to work with those of their same culture. That's fine too. But it's not as black and white as tumblr makes it seem. Putting an entire species in a box marked 'for these people only' is disrespectful to the spirits. Let them have a say in who they work with! Every spirit has a different set of opinions. 2hp

Ruby of Cypress Star Spirits
Artemisia
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I agree with all of the above as I have spirits/entities from different ethnicity/cultural background/religion, etc yet all of them came through because they believed that I could learn something important from them and vice versa.

I always keep it open unless I want a specific race of beings, but I always end up getting exactly the type of beings I need at that exact time of my life.

I let them decide in the end and it works for us.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Its been my experience that humans are far more prejudiced than spirits and that we love to project that on their views and values. So don't worry about it, if a spirit is calling to you, then its calling because you both get something out of this. Maybe you get to learn something, or advance in your life, or simply have a new friend. Maybe they get something out of that bond to a specific point on this realm that they normally wouldn't have an anchor too, or maybe they enjoy seeing others grow. It's a mutual benefit situation.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air

Return to “Spirit Keeping”