how would you react if you found out that god was gay.

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

anyone how would you react to this logic.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Not at all.
If god is gay, he's gay, that wouldn't really change things *shrug*

supersaiyan5
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
Zodiac:

bump

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Why draw the line at just gay? Why would an omnipotent, omniscient deity not be pansexual? Or, alternatively, completely and totally asexual? An orientation we couldn't even begin to comprehend because we cannot understand the nature of divine love?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

maybe someone'll say, "no u"
: P

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Saiyan, I hope you took another look at the forum rules like a mod told you to in chat yesterday. You really need to rethink your assumptions that other people agree with you about homosexuality being "bad" or "wrong" or something to make fun of, my dude. Try to have a little respect for others and their orientation, whatever it may be. Your preoccupation with the sexuality of other people or beings seems a bit misplaced.

As to your question, honestly, I don't care about the orientation of anyone, god or otherwise, as long as they're not hurting someone else (in a way they don't want) in the process of happyyayfuntimes in the sack.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
AFrog
active contributor
active contributor

Oh, this is what it's all about?
Saiyan, homosexuality is the most natural thing of the world. It is uncommon, if you take a look at the wide mass, but it happens. You can love anyone and everything and everyone has their own preference. Like Crashing said: as long as they don't hurt anyone or forces anyone to do stuff they don't want: where's the problem. Even animals can be gay. My first two tom-cats were gay. Lions can be gay, deers can be gay~ man, love is love and love expresses itself in different ways.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

While I'm hardly a fundamentalist, I do believe the passage describing humans as being made in the image of God has merit. So by that logic, God is male, female, every race, fat, thin, athletic, disabled, tall, short, gay, straight, cis, trans, and a whole boatload of other labels that we humans like to apply to ourselves and others. If every one of us is an example of the image and likeness of God, then God must be all these things and more.

If God's will had been for us to be all identical, then that's how we would be. But we're a wide variety of humans, so clearly we can say "God saw it, and it was good". Or if you're reading this post and believe in a creator of another description, clearly the One Who is responsible for the universe existing has decided that the way our species is, is how humans should be. (I don't think there are any sane deities who approve of how humans maltreat one another, but our behavioral decisions are on us, not our Maker.)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
WolfPup522
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae

Likes2Read wrote:While I'm hardly a fundamentalist, I do believe the passage describing humans as being made in the image of God has merit. So by that logic, God is male, female, every race, fat, thin, athletic, disabled, tall, short, gay, straight, cis, trans, and a whole boatload of other labels that we humans like to apply to ourselves and others. If every one of us is an example of the image and likeness of God, then God must be all these things and more.

If God's will had been for us to be all identical, then that's how we would be. But we're a wide variety of humans, so clearly we can say "God saw it, and it was good". Or if you're reading this post and believe in a creator of another description, clearly the One Who is responsible for the universe existing has decided that the way our species is, is how humans should be. (I don't think there are any sane deities who approve of how humans maltreat one another, but our behavioral decisions are on us, not our Maker.)
I knew if I just waited a little bit, someone would say what I was feeling in a much more eloquent and kind way! Likes2Read, you definitely did that, so thank you! I'd like to add that my post, that I ended up not posting, started with "Which God? And who cares?" because I saw 2 assumptions in this post that gave me pause. 1) The assumption that you and a few others already took care of, which was the assumption that it was a bad thing. 2) The assumption that everyone will know the same God. I know several and most are above this sort of thing.

So many of you gave such great responses! I knew I'd like it here. You guys are pretty amazing. I even think the OP has the potential... just needs a lot of learning and compassion first.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

So you dragged this from chat into the forum as if you didn't absorb what many of us were saying the first time. You have so much to learn.
In chat you exemplified zero understanding of gender vs. sexuality, religious diversity or even a comprehension of 'God' for that matter. You are making yourself look intolerant and foolish.

Grow up, before it's too late.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”