It seems I am more affected by bad things including entities/spirits that are that way, how to protect myself?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

What counter-measures can I take? I can say that I am a 'guarded' type of person meaning when I encounter negativity I tend to worry about it until I know for sure its been dealt with and is not coming back. Or things that 'raise a red flag' quickly get me alert. A large portion of my 'past' paranormal experiences involved attacks by BA beings/spirits in memory maybe.

As you know being guarded helps you keep yourself safe from negativity on the physical but on the other hand. When I worried about a threat coming from some race of BA entity/spirit straight away I was able to 'feel their energies' so as I've been told.

How do you protect yourself if having a 'guarded' mindset?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-I've also been told that having a guarded attitude actually attracts the entity/spirit types you don't want in that case rather than repel them so basic case here is.

E.g. "A (x being), omg what if it attacks me for doing this? Its said that just reading about or looking for them attracts them to you. So how to defend myself?"

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

When I worried about a threat coming from some race of BA entity/spirit straight away I was able to 'feel their energies'
If you're that sensitive maybe stop having an obsession to thinking into that direction of things.
A (x being), omg what if it attacks me for doing this? Its said that just reading about or looking for them attracts them to you.
Yeah maybe, try stop reading/looking about that particular stuff. Maybe that helps. Otherwise go get protection. Go get grounding, gym, gardenwork whatever.That's my take on it.

:@
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

What's that book by Dion Fortune called? Psychic Self-Defense, I think. Get hold of a copy. It's a frequent flyer on this forum when people offer up reading lists.

Realize that if you start feeling BA energies EVERY time you think about them, it could be your fears talking and not BA energies. Kind of like we feel itchy if we even imagine being crawled on by ants, or the way we watch a late-night horror movie and then jump at every little creak and noise the house makes.

Other than that, learn protection and banishing, and if you are a keeper, bring protective spirits into your family. There are plenty of both WA and DA spirits who could get the job done, and I can attest that the guardian servitors from DLM and Eclipse Metaphysical are no slouches, either. Build a Protection Team and learn methods to fight back, and 99.999999999% of your issues will be resolved. The fraction of a percent that's unresolved is just in case you decide to boldly stride right up to the biggest, baddest, highest-ranking BA you can find and kick him in the shins. That most likely wouldn't end well. But as far as I can tell, the biggest, baddest, highest-ranking BAs of the universe don't have the time or inclination to focus on some individual random human who hasn't put themselves into their focus of attention. They have bigger fish to fry. For the most part, if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte

:@
Aerohopper
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

I come from a country full of paranormal activity due to the humidity of our climate.
Make sure mirror does not face mirror or door in ur house. To personally activate two of ur main chi for protection walk backward for at least 10 steps

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Best way to "protect" yourself is to master yourself; your emotions, your reactions, your perceptions. Until you work toward that, you'll make little progress elsewhere. The Dion Fortune book recommended above is a good place to begin shielding, etc. but don't ever forget that your first subject should be mastery of the self.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

You might find it useful to know that the concept of a Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil is primarily a Western tradition. Eastern traditions do not think along these lines, at all. Their take on things is that everything has both good and evil within, and they are not freaked out by this knowledge.

For some very interesting insight, I recommend the two podcasts I listened to this week from this site: https://soundcloud.com/jason-louv/tracks . Episodes 23 and 24 are the most current ones, as I write this, so I definitely recommend listening to those. In particular, Episode 23 discusses the experiences of a Western adept, the guest on the show, who taught a course on Western magic in China, and the differences between the Western and Eastern approaches to magic. Episode 24 discusses the host's and guest's respective experiences studying in India, another Eastern school of thought, and then coming "home" to Western traditions after that. So I would recommend giving that one a listen, as well.

Maybe reading up on Eastern schools of thought will help you perceive and process the good and evil, or the light and dark, in a completely new way. Because if you are going to continue to focus on the good vs. evil dichotomy, until you can look at both sides of the coin without becoming unnerved, progress of any sort is going to be decidedly difficult.

Remember that history was not ONLY the European Dark Ages, Renaissance, Industrial Age, etc. Other parts of the world had their own histories, traditions, and experiences, running concurrently with those that were going on in Europe. There was a certain amount of cross-pollination to be had when different cultures interacted, such as via the Silk Road where knowledge as well as physical goods were exchanged. But different peoples in different places had, and have, different philosophies, and even if we don't adopt those other schools of thought, it's beneficial to learn about them. It will help us decide what to keep and what to reject in our own personal philosophy, when all is said and done.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:You might find it useful to know that the concept of a Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil is primarily a Western tradition. Eastern traditions do not think along these lines, at all. Their take on things is that everything has both good and evil within, and they are not freaked out by this knowledge.

For some very interesting insight, I recommend the two podcasts I listened to this week from this site: https://soundcloud.com/jason-louv/tracks . Episodes 23 and 24 are the most current ones, as I write this, so I definitely recommend listening to those. In particular, Episode 23 discusses the experiences of a Western adept, the guest on the show, who taught a course on Western magic in China, and the differences between the Western and Eastern approaches to magic. Episode 24 discusses the host's and guest's respective experiences studying in India, another Eastern school of thought, and then coming "home" to Western traditions after that. So I would recommend giving that one a listen, as well.

Maybe reading up on Eastern schools of thought will help you perceive and process the good and evil, or the light and dark, in a completely new way. Because if you are going to continue to focus on the good vs. evil dichotomy, until you can look at both sides of the coin without becoming unnerved, progress of any sort is going to be decidedly difficult.

Remember that history was not ONLY the European Dark Ages, Renaissance, Industrial Age, etc. Other parts of the world had their own histories, traditions, and experiences, running concurrently with those that were going on in Europe. There was a certain amount of cross-pollination to be had when different cultures interacted, such as via the Silk Road where knowledge as well as physical goods were exchanged. But different peoples in different places had, and have, different philosophies, and even if we don't adopt those other schools of thought, it's beneficial to learn about them. It will help us decide what to keep and what to reject in our own personal philosophy, when all is said and done.
I believe in actually a mix of both hence there is a spectrum of alignment, and at the two great ends are true good or evil. I have absolutely no doubt from my life experiences that evil exists, I have seen it and its very very real.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-The way I see it the devil or satan so far as goes is what we call the 'root of evil', it is a force we cannot perceive because we are only human but we call it Satan or the Devil. But its real whether you believe in the name or not.

The source of all evil that makes it possible or creates an environment that tempts people into following evil. The Devil lies at the very heart of what you would call 'BA'.

Return to “Protection”