Strange constructs

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ace of Spades

One of the first thing's I've tried before I started doing spirit keeping was meditation. I've been trying for years, to achieve different states of mind. Yet no matter how many time's I've tried I never could get a full grasp on it. However anytime I feel like I've gotten close to it, I see things that further confuse me.

For example. The most basic thing I do regardless where I'm sitting for it is that I stare at a fixed point. When I do that for say 10 to 15 minutes into it, I start seeing strange shapes and constructs that constantly shift in different directions. For the first few times it looked like a crude blue circle of energy collapsing inwards constantly until it becomes a ball before vanishing. Then it repeats itself. I feel like it's supposed to mean something but I'm unsure what. Other times it looks like a wave of energy that passes by left to right. Whilst other times I see indescribable shapes. I thought at first they were my visualizations attempting to manifest but when I try to focus on them becoming clearer it stops. I don't see anything after that and when I try again it doesn't happen for a couple of days.

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

That's normal. In meditation you let is pass.

:@
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hope this is a helpful contribution...

I've been meditating for over 45 years but still don't by any means consider myself a 'master', whatever that is. I have experienced quite a few differing types of mediation and read fairly widely.

One classic bit of guidance is to not try hard in meditation to get a specific result. Which may seem a bit odd as people often take up meditation for a specific purpose, such as to experience a sense of peace, or to have a spiritual experience. But as Dreamerunknown says meditators are often encouraged to not be attached to the sensations that arise during the mediation...whether that be visuals, auditory, felt, smell or thought impressions.

I try to remind myself that I still have a normal human mind and body and that some of my experiences make sense from a modern scientific point of view. For example, focusing on a point with my eyes open usually leads to everything dissolving in light, as my focus narrows. Neurology and opthalmics will explain why many of us see geometric patterns and colours, even with our eyes closed.

From another point of view, our psychological state or our stage in 'spiritual ' development may influence strongly what we see when we meditate.

The meaning of a meditation experience is very personal. But because all of us humans work in a similar way, it's also reasonable to expect fairly similar experiences to crop up.

Maybe like dreams have the most meaning for the person who has them, but others can offer dream interpretations, meditation experiences are really for the person who has them...even though others may offer an interesting analysis. Perhaps there is not a universal, objective meaning of what you've seen. You could say it sounds fairly normal? What were you wanting to see?

Perhaps it may help for you to work out what you want to do the meditation for, then find a technique that is most likely to help you achieve that?

My very first visual in meditation was with my eyes closed, seeing circles of white light coming into the centre kind of above me as I sank deeper into my consciousness following the mantra. This was like my focus closing from around me, centering and gathering the light, so that when I finished and opened my eyes the entire room was tangibly filled with white light. Of course it was daylight and it was a shift in my state of consciousness really. But it was totally unexpected. Is that the kind of experience you looking for? If so, it might help to have no expectations when you meditate. Your system will produce the right experience for you as it processes what you're doing. It may seem counter intuitive but I think having no expectations will free your mind /body/ spirit to behave the way it wants to.

Another meditation I've done with eyes open is a za zen technique when I studied the martial art Aikido. This is to bring your mind into the present moment, rather than to sink deep into cosmic inner light shows. It is a kind of 'no mind' technique where you try to get past your thinking mind and your sense of self.

I could go on about different meditation techniques but this is already in danger of turning into being about myself. Basically a way forward in solving the problem you mention might be to work out what you want then research the right meditation method for that need.

Others may have a different view. This is just mine.

Of course, as we're all doing spirit keeping, doing protection techniques daily and before meditation is key as it keeps our systems aligned with positive energies. That also helps with meditation.

Also I think CH has some things that can help unblock your experience. You could ask the shop crew.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

I think the thing you see might be called phosphene. If that helps. In either case I find that when most people are in a completely dark room. As dark as you can get it. They don't see black so much as a static, often different colors. If this is the case you may want to start small, choose what your wacthing. Example: pick a color and try to see just that one.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure.
My magical/paranormal name...: Ace of Spades

Lewk wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 am Hope this is a helpful contribution...

I've been meditating for over 45 years but still don't by any means consider myself a 'master', whatever that is. I have experienced quite a few differing types of mediation and read fairly widely.

One classic bit of guidance is to not try hard in meditation to get a specific result. Which may seem a bit odd as people often take up meditation for a specific purpose, such as to experience a sense of peace, or to have a spiritual experience. But as Dreamerunknown says meditators are often encouraged to not be attached to the sensations that arise during the mediation...whether that be visuals, auditory, felt, smell or thought impressions.

I try to remind myself that I still have a normal human mind and body and that some of my experiences make sense from a modern scientific point of view. For example, focusing on a point with my eyes open usually leads to everything dissolving in light, as my focus narrows. Neurology and opthalmics will explain why many of us see geometric patterns and colours, even with our eyes closed.

From another point of view, our psychological state or our stage in 'spiritual ' development may influence strongly what we see when we meditate.

The meaning of a meditation experience is very personal. But because all of us humans work in a similar way, it's also reasonable to expect fairly similar experiences to crop up.

Maybe like dreams have the most meaning for the person who has them, but others can offer dream interpretations, meditation experiences are really for the person who has them...even though others may offer an interesting analysis. Perhaps there is not a universal, objective meaning of what you've seen. You could say it sounds fairly normal? What were you wanting to see?

Perhaps it may help for you to work out what you want to do the meditation for, then find a technique that is most likely to help you achieve that?

My very first visual in meditation was with my eyes closed, seeing circles of white light coming into the centre kind of above me as I sank deeper into my consciousness following the mantra. This was like my focus closing from around me, centering and gathering the light, so that when I finished and opened my eyes the entire room was tangibly filled with white light. Of course it was daylight and it was a shift in my state of consciousness really. But it was totally unexpected. Is that the kind of experience you looking for? If so, it might help to have no expectations when you meditate. Your system will produce the right experience for you as it processes what you're doing. It may seem counter intuitive but I think having no expectations will free your mind /body/ spirit to behave the way it wants to.

Another meditation I've done with eyes open is a za zen technique when I studied the martial art Aikido. This is to bring your mind into the present moment, rather than to sink deep into cosmic inner light shows. It is a kind of 'no mind' technique where you try to get past your thinking mind and your sense of self.

I could go on about different meditation techniques but this is already in danger of turning into being about myself. Basically a way forward in solving the problem you mention might be to work out what you want then research the right meditation method for that need.

Others may have a different view. This is just mine.

Of course, as we're all doing spirit keeping, doing protection techniques daily and before meditation is key as it keeps our systems aligned with positive energies. That also helps with meditation.

Also I think CH has some things that can help unblock your experience. You could ask the shop crew.
First of all I wish to apologize for not responding sooner, aside from things outside this forum I've been working for years on figuring out a few things in relation to this. I have found that the reason for my lack of abilities in proper meditation and the reason why said reminders of lacking have frustrated me so, was the result of a severe, but not irreparable calcified pineal gland. In order for me or any individual for that matter to even get into that state properly I had to decalcify it. So I bought myself some liquid iodine supplements. So far things have been going well. While I have yet to see some results spiritually, I have been seeing results physically. As of today I am on my 10th daily dose, using 0.5 ml per day in a glass of water. During which I have been testing binaural beats on me as a meditation aid. Before I never felt any physical reaction. I was hoping to at least feel physical pain, because as negative as that sounds it would have resulted into feeling something different compared to what I usually feel in there. I was not disappointed. In my first week of dosing with Iodine the following physical sensations happened:
  • 1. On just the dosing alone. I felt pleasant tingles all over my body.
    2. With Binaural Beats, I felt the center of my head pulsing in sync with it.
    3. While this does sound negative, there is a point to this one. After the first week I started to get a headache. Not gonna lie it hurt like F***. But it wasn't a bothersome pain and it left within a half an hour of it arriving. Normally I would just need to take a OTC painkiller for that, but it was the first natural headache I ever felt healing itself faster than even those can take at extra strength.
I still have a long way to go and I do thank you for the advice. I will use it in the future to see if incorporating other techniques will help. However I managed to solve a main problem.
Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:03 am I think the thing you see might be called phosphene. If that helps. In either case I find that when most people are in a completely dark room. As dark as you can get it. They don't see black so much as a static, often different colors. If this is the case you may want to start small, choose what your wacthing. Example: pick a color and try to see just that one.
I too apologize to you for a long response, see above my reason why. I heard of what you described, regarding dark room and static. I seen that phenom myself when I was only a child and barely able to control my abilities at the time. It seems to work much better when you're a kid than an adult because even when I set the conditions right, making it dark as dark can be, I can barely see any static. I have however seen two phenoms in the middle of the day during my teen years. The first is similar to the static in the dark but I could see it just as much during the day time. The other was a similar event, only it involved tiny dot's of light. Said individual dots being the size of a needle hole, all dancing around together. A spiritual relative of mine explained to me that I was looking at Elementals in their purest form. As for the color to pick. It seems to choose for me since the only color I see during that state as said before, was blue, but only briefly.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I wish you good luck with your endeavours...but remember safety first.

If you do get symptoms of either physical or mental unwellness, don't forget to have them checked out by a medical professional.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Meditation”