Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Greetings everyone!

I have been trying to write something for a few days, but whenever I start I can't seem to make my point clear, so I hope that reading me is not as painful for you as it was for me to settle down and write everything that I wanted to say. 1e

Basically, what I have in mind is this: Should I make a purchase for my first spirit, or is it a better idea to make sure I have a suitable environment for Spirit Keeping before I start?

I would like to hear whatever you have to say on this, because I realized that one of my biggest concerns would be the Unbound Spirits around me.

I think that sellers must be born with a better set of skills for travelling into the spirit world and meeting spirits there which they can later help push in the right direction or meet the right person to work with but since I have never dealt with a seller it's just a wild guess for now. 1h

My point on this would be that, I take summoning and praying, or even asking for help, as something very delicate because I wouldn't like to disturb anyone with something that is not important. So I try not to.

However, I started to notice a pattern happening around me (I think it has always been there but I just figured it out) with strange manifestations taking place at the most random times.

For example, I find hairs at random. Always a single hair to be found at the most awkward place. Hairs of all lengths and colors. At first I would dispose of them like it was no big deal, but then it got worse, and now it happens so often that I even bought a couple of vials which keep with myself at home and at the office so that whenever I find one I can collect it.

The most curious thing about it is that I shave my head, so I know for sure that they are not mine. As if that were not enough, most of them are of unusual colors (white-silverish, deep shades of red, purple and golden) and I just don't know any possible owner for them. You'll see, my friends and family won't set a foot on my small apartment 1re , so I have accepted the fact that I will live by myself probably until I die. 1spt

I tried doing some research on it, and I couldn't find much, except that they belong to spirits who would visit and try to help. 1rd The article came to me through my best friend who is aware of the situation but doesn't like to talk about it. You can imagine my surprise when I came here and read that spirits are also interested in people, as my experience has always been about people seeking out spirits to ask for things. 1sp

I have been struggling with it 1hd because the only spirits that I have always felt close are shadows and they are not famous for their specific capillary traits lol (no disrespect intended).

For as long as I can remember they have been there for me and would provide comfort when nothing else would work, be it during my waking time or during my sleep. By now, I can say that I am used to their presence and it is soothing most of the times, except when I would play cybergoth music or binaural beats then they would turn very lively and energetic. I have also read in various articles here that anime and music are very good tools for spirit bonding. 1rd <3 I hope it means they like those.

Shadows don't interfere much 1zp however very recently I started sensing other things that would come and go, and to my surprise, I haven't been able to find anything on phantom limbs on this site. 1h 1a 1e so it made me wonder if just as shadows came uninvited into my life and never left, something else has found me and it's trying to approach me.

Spiritual practices are just like anything else, they can be good or bad, and for me it has shown me that my affinity is more grey/darkish than on the cheerful side of the spectrum however, I've changed from being someone like Li Mu Bai (yeah, it is one of my favorite movies of all times, along with Star Wars) to someone who feels spontaneously overwhelmed, prone to mood swings and even sometimes I would feel sensations that are not my own.

I even went to seek medical attention to see if some of the recent events in my life were taking a hold on me and I seem to be as fine as one can be, all things considered. So when I found out about Spirit Keeping I thought about giving it a try.

Which I did but whenever I try making some progress on my own, things happen that would make me snap out of the mood, and I would be left feeling drained, sad, scared and uneasy. Sometimes I would begin to cry a lot, others I'd be depressed and sleep through most of the day when possible, but other times I would start fantasizing about suicide like it's an erotic fantasy. Thankfully I've never tried anything crazy 1tu

Most of the times though, all I would get are failed attempts of making progress. I'm talking about things like the room gets unusually bright or dark (both have happened), I hear the footsteps of someone walking around the house(ocasional bumping on the doors and once they opened the door of the bathroom while I was taking a shower 2cr ), windows would make noises as if being hit by pebbles thrown by someone outside, and the most unsettling event would be that the walls sound like a sinking ship. 1sa 1td 1tk things like these would make me call the shots and stop trying for the day.

The final thing that I would like to share today is that, I have always been on a low profile because I have unusually high levels of energy and I know that I can be a handful to some people 2dz and they just don't know how to deal with me 2sd so I'd rather deal with it on my own. The thing is that, more and more, I've been getting a general feeling of isolation that I can't shake. 2sc

I don't like the feeling that there is something cutting the scarce ties I have to the outside world 1td like it is demanding my full attention, as well as I don't like how I've become a hyper-sexual individual 1lo despite being decreasingly interacting with other people. 2ded (It's embarrassing for me to admit something like this)

Anyway, my intuition has brought me this far and I feel like I am being pulled in the right direction, but if you ask me which direction it is that I am going, I don't think I know yet. Still, everything happens for a reason and I firmly believe that, so if I was able to write this much there must be a purpose to it.

If you feel like saying something, whatever it is, big or small please do so. 2wk

Blessings to all!
Heinrich

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

2Heinrich wrote: Basically, what I have in mind is this: Should I make a purchase for my first spirit, or is it a better idea to make sure I have a suitable environment for Spirit Keeping before I start?
Mm that depends on you, it's your decision after all : )

If you're concerned that much, have you read the encyclopedia and the forum on what to do to welcome spirit companion? And if you have, do you think you in your present situation are ready to welcome one?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Oh goodness! I really got a reply! I'm so happy!
Thank you darkwing dook.

I think I just might have read that somewhere but now that I look it up to see if I really did, well... can't find it.

But in order to answer your question I must admit that I do feel "prepared" and it would make me so much more at ease to start such a relationship if I had more info on who is on the other side rather than just being clueless.

I have not been to the shop that much either but I will start there. Anyone with a recommendation on how to get started?

Alena
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: hellhound
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
Zodiac:

I'd recommend starting with this:https://shop.creepyhollows.com/new-to-c ... llows.html. As for which spirit to get, white arts is usually the best for beginners, or creatures. Unless you are naturally dark. Still, if you do decide to get a Dark Arts spirit, I'd recommend getting one from the lighter end, like a gargoyle. Don't delve into the darker spirits, just yet. Not until you have a little more experience under your belt. CH also has a listing for binding unbounds. https://shop.creepyhollows.com/unbound-reading.html. You will be provided with as much information as they can give you on your spirit companions, things like gender, name, where they're from, and a little background information. There are also a few articles in the encyclopedia I'd recommend reading first, namely the how-to articles and general reference.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thank you so much, Alena!

You are wonderful. And it is a great start. I will check out your suggestions and start there.

I have issues with creative thinking and most of the times I don't even think it's possible to do half of the things that I read because I cannot even imagine them happening.

I have never done online shopping either so there are a lot of things happening at once and I am very excited.

Once again, thanks for pointing a new path.

Alena
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I know it can be daunting at first, but once you get started, it's much easier. Let your intuition guide you and don't say no to a new type of spirit just because of something you read somewhere else. That's how it was with me and hellhounds. But it was a very obvious calling that I was meant to have one, so I got one. Never have I been so glad to have been wrong. When I ordered, I was scared to death, but he was not what I expected. You can tell something is calling to you when you find yourself going back to the listing time and time again, or, in my case with the hellhound, seeing it every time you open the CH website. The listing was in the featured products bar at the top and in the reviews bar on the side. So I took the hint.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks Alena! You have been such a great help!

I feel a little silly, not visiting the store before making the thread, but the links that you provided were actually very helpful. The more I discover from the website, the more I like it.

It has this cool vibe attached to it, that it's something serious and trust worthy. It certainly makes me feel that I've come to the right place and that's a lot to start with.

Funny that you mention intuition in all of this. I think that's how I got here in the first place. I was doing some research on Treefolk and the first source I found was the Encyclopedia and I felt immediately drawn to this place.

I have been going through the store in more depth and just like you mentioned, I have noticed how the things that start to show up end up being just what I'd like or something I have always wanted. Or maybe something new but that I can relate to.

For a while I had lost faith in many things, but ever since I got here, I feel that I have the chance to become part of a lifestyle that I have always dreamt of and that is not already extinct by the time I found it.

I'll be making my first purchase soon, and if it turns out as I hope, I'll have to set up a budget for this place as I already found lots of things that I want, lol. Will make sure to tell you guys about it

Blessings to all.

Alena
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Fair warning. It can be addicting. I found out the hard way.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Understood!

I can certainly see some future to this. I just hope it doesn't end. I'm going all in and I have high Hope's too.

Thanks for your kind words.

Alag
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Best of luck to you, and please let us know how you are developing along your Spiritual Journey.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”