You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Roseflare

Sorry if this is already a topic.

I’m just curious how others communicate with their spirits and entities.

For me personally I never hear anything, but get imagines of what they’re doing or sometimes touches.

I have a feeling they are afraid of scaring me to death.
Last time I heard a voice right in my ear I jumped and spilled my drink.

As for seeing, a few days ago I saw a small black figure (guessing one of my fae) appear on my daughters bed. (Still sleep with my daughter who now has a loft bed). The figure stood up and then fell backwards and I distinctly heard it hit the floor. I was too scared to move. I finally looked over the side of the bed and nothing...

I really need to stop getting spooked by my companions. I know they are harmless and I want to communicate with hearing and seeing too and not get freaked out.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I get spooked by my companions too. Its an issue that I'm firmly aware of yet I cant help but get jumpy or anxious when my house is dark and I'm moving around - I dont want to turn a corner and suddenly see someone standing there! Haha

My companions are 99.5% probably aware of it. They've never done it, except once when I was in a good state of mind and my fae appeared as a bright orb when I was walking around. They like to move around in my peripheral vision, and I see shadows, sometimes light, movements and shimmering of the air, most usually when I'm sitting relaxed playing on my laptop.

A specific way one of them gets my attention that I kind of love is my vampire, who leaves scratches where I'm going to notice them if I have a specific thought she liked or she wants attention. She's even pinched me before! Which really gets my attention! None of it is ever, ever malicious in intent though so I'm fine with it. One time I was thinking about having some really good, nice steak soon and almost immediately after that thought I found a really long scratch on my arm that I don't remember doing to myself. Turns out she really agreed with me and wanted me to make it happen!

Overall, they love to get my attention with shadows and touches. I use my pendulum when I need to know specific answers, too, but rarely now. :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,
I do understand your situation. I read a lot of posts here and sometimes get so engrossed by the fascinating and interesting happenings that other people experienced.

In my case, sometimes due to my wishful thinking, I get disappointed LOL. I reckon one day, I picked up few unused (brands that I never use) essential oil bottles that fell down from the table and I went to sleep. As it was a heaty day, I tossed and turned, just as I was about to go into sleep mode, I suddenly smelt a really unusuaal pleasant smell, nothing like I ever smelt before. I was grinning, as wow, the spirit does show up this way. The next day, I was dusting my room and I discovered one of the new essential oil bottle was leaking..thus the smell the previous night.

Days passed, and one day when I was in deep sleep, suddenly there was a thud, like something fell down from top to the floor. I put on the lights to check, and I could not see anything abnormal. I went to sleep again, I was thinking perhaps it was the spirit. The next day, my handphone went missing. And guess what, It was under my bed, that was the object that fell down. Yes, I dropped the phone again to check the sound, yes the same thud!

Another day, I was meditating..., suddenly I heard noises in my ear, kinda muffled, but they were really long sentences but meekly said. I thought, perhaps it was some articulate spirit trying to speak to me. As I finished my meditation, I saw my laptop was on, and there was a talk show with the sound slowed down a bit...so there goes my clairaudient dreams lol.

So, nowadays, I don't want to think much about manifestation of presence and I stopped wishing things to happen. If they happen that's good. Till then, just keeping fingers crossed.

Roseflare
neophyte
neophyte

featheredstar wrote:I get spooked by my companions too. Its an issue that I'm firmly aware of yet I cant help but get jumpy or anxious when my house is dark and I'm moving around - I dont want to turn a corner and suddenly see someone standing there! Haha

My companions are 99.5% probably aware of it. They've never done it, except once when I was in a good state of mind and my fae appeared as a bright orb when I was walking around. They like to move around in my peripheral vision, and I see shadows, sometimes light, movements and shimmering of the air, most usually when I'm sitting relaxed playing on my laptop.

A specific way one of them gets my attention that I kind of love is my vampire, who leaves scratches where I'm going to notice them if I have a specific thought she liked or she wants attention. She's even pinched me before! Which really gets my attention! None of it is ever, ever malicious in intent though so I'm fine with it. One time I was thinking about having some really good, nice steak soon and almost immediately after that thought I found a really long scratch on my arm that I don't remember doing to myself. Turns out she really agreed with me and wanted me to make it happen!

Overall, they love to get my attention with shadows and touches. I use my pendulum when I need to know specific answers, too, but rarely now. :)
That’s so awesome about the touches. I don’t I’ve ever been touched except for when my small fae sit on my head and play with my hair. It gets extremely itchy. 2dz

I’m totally cool with orbs, but the full blown figures/shadows freak me out. One time I was meditating and my portal fae showed me what she looked like. She’s about the height of a two or three year old. I then got the urge to open my eyes and her figure in white shadow form was right in front of me for a solid 30 seconds. I just laid their frozen. 1am

I really need to stop being scared.

I would love to experience more touching. 1d

Roseflare
neophyte
neophyte

divineseeker wrote:Hello,
I do understand your situation. I read a lot of posts here and sometimes get so engrossed by the fascinating and interesting happenings that other people experienced.

In my case, sometimes due to my wishful thinking, I get disappointed LOL. I reckon one day, I picked up few unused (brands that I never use) essential oil bottles that fell down from the table and I went to sleep. As it was a heaty day, I tossed and turned, just as I was about to go into sleep mode, I suddenly smelt a really unusuaal pleasant smell, nothing like I ever smelt before. I was grinning, as wow, the spirit does show up this way. The next day, I was dusting my room and I discovered one of the new essential oil bottle was leaking..thus the smell the previous night.

Days passed, and one day when I was in deep sleep, suddenly there was a thud, like something fell down from top to the floor. I put on the lights to check, and I could not see anything abnormal. I went to sleep again, I was thinking perhaps it was the spirit. The next day, my handphone went missing. And guess what, It was under my bed, that was the object that fell down. Yes, I dropped the phone again to check the sound, yes the same thud!

Another day, I was meditating..., suddenly I heard noises in my ear, kinda muffled, but they were really long sentences but meekly said. I thought, perhaps it was some articulate spirit trying to speak to me. As I finished my meditation, I saw my laptop was on, and there was a talk show with the sound slowed down a bit...so there goes my clairaudient dreams lol.

So, nowadays, I don't want to think much about manifestation of presence and I stopped wishing things to happen. If they happen that's good. Till then, just keeping fingers crossed.
Yea, I understand the frustration. Just the other day I had a candle lite for my keep. All of the sudden I smelled smoked and saw the candle was out. I got excited and thought they blew it out for me, because I had thought I should snuff it out soon.
In reality my husband was the one to blow it out. 2cy

I’m sure you’ll experience something soon.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Awww, thank you Roseflare, keeping my fingers crossed.

LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I communicate primarily through empathy, that is I feel what they feel. Usually I zone in on the vessel or spirit, allow myself to go blank and let their feelings wash over me. Its easy to tell what is me and what is them. I've had some instances of being overwhelmed by their feelings but that has been rare.

Roseflare
neophyte
neophyte

LittleGreenIcon wrote:I communicate primarily through empathy, that is I feel what they feel. Usually I zone in on the vessel or spirit, allow myself to go blank and let their feelings wash over me. Its easy to tell what is me and what is them. I've had some instances of being overwhelmed by their feelings but that has been rare.
I actually just experienced this with my new djinn. She hasn’t arrived yet, but I can definitely sense her already.
We were watching a movie and I just kept getting all these feelings I normally don’t get during such a movie.
This is a skill I’d like to try out more with my other companions too.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”