BINDING VS ATTACHMENT - WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE & MORE INFO

cytre
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male

creepyhollows wrote: So what happens if a spirit comes to your home of its own free will and you want to keep them with you?

If you're not a practitioner then I am going to strongly recommend that you ask the spirits to attach themselves to you or a vessel. You do not have to bind a spirit in order for them to stay. If you have a spirit that comes to you and wants to stay with you then they will continue to stay. It also opens you up to the option of asking the spirit to leave if things don't work out. If they are bound then you have to perform a banishment or un-binding which can also open doors you may not want to open.
Would simply asking them to stay with you be sufficient for them to attach themselves? I had one come to me several years ago and was so upset that he finally found me and didn't want to leave. Apparently we knew each other a long time ago. So I asked him to stay close to me. Honestly don't know if he is still with me or not... I'll have to try and see though.

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

cytre wrote:
creepyhollows wrote: So what happens if a spirit comes to your home of its own free will and you want to keep them with you?

If you're not a practitioner then I am going to strongly recommend that you ask the spirits to attach themselves to you or a vessel. You do not have to bind a spirit in order for them to stay. If you have a spirit that comes to you and wants to stay with you then they will continue to stay. It also opens you up to the option of asking the spirit to leave if things don't work out. If they are bound then you have to perform a banishment or un-binding which can also open doors you may not want to open.
Would simply asking them to stay with you be sufficient for them to attach themselves? I had one come to me several years ago and was so upset that he finally found me and didn't want to leave. Apparently we knew each other a long time ago. So I asked him to stay close to me. Honestly don't know if he is still with me or not... I'll have to try and see though.
cytre, I think, asking them would be enough. Magnolia just said it in the post above.
:wave:

Greetings,Tasha
cytre
new here
new here

Cell28 wrote: cytre, I think, asking them would be enough. Magnolia just said it in the post above.
I figured... I just second guess myself a lot ::facepalm:: like should it be taken literally using attach versus stay... same difference! lol I run my self in circles sometimes with over thinking things.

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

cytre wrote:
Cell28 wrote: cytre, I think, asking them would be enough. Magnolia just said it in the post above.
I figured... I just second guess myself a lot ::facepalm:: like should it be taken literally using attach versus stay... same difference! lol I run my self in circles sometimes with over thinking things.
relax :hug:
;)

Greetings,Tasha
cytre
new here
new here

Cell28 wrote:
cytre wrote:
relax :hug:
;)

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
But it still has me thinking on the exact difference between conjuring and 'calling a spirit over' (so to speak). Yes I'm a sucker for technical details .
Is the conjuring the creation of a special channel to a certain spirit or entity because you normally cannot reach their domains? And calling on the sprit is only something you (and other spirits because they are of the same type) can do because that channel is already in effect (and that constitutes part of the binding) ?
A conjure means you are purposefully requesting the presence of a spirit for an effort. When I conjure a spirit it is for the express purpose of that spirit participating in something be it as simple as a conversation or for binding, etc. Conjurations are written expressly for specific efforts be it a specific type of spirit or entity or a general race of an entity. They are devised in general, for White Arts, for Dark Arts, in protected channels, unprotected channels, etc. However, the purpose of a conjuration is so you know EXACTLY what is coming to you and THEY know EXACTLY WHY you are requesting their presence. It is a method of clear communication... you saying "I want X to come here" and "X" knows from the conjuration why they are being asked to come.

Just talking to the spirit world in general and inviting spirits to come to you or having your spirits bring other spirits into your home is less a method of communication and more a method of socializing. There is no clear direction or method in scrutinizing who is going to come, why they are coming, and what their origin is. There are more specific ways of inviting spirits socially but conjuration should be used if you have a reason for bringing them into your home other than socializing.
::bump::

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Yeong wrote:Lisa and I believe that magick is universal and is meant to be shared. But I have taken the university class and have studied the CH conjuration methods. I'm actually interested in learning ALL the different conjuration/binding methods out there, BUT this information is nowhere to be found, as those other greedy sellers out there are just too greedy and want to keep it all to themselves and their children without sharing the knowledge, while some of the really gifted mundane folk who don't come from a generation of witches are left in the dark and cannot realize their true powers. This makes me angry to the point of literally boycotting any seller out there who does not share enough! It has always been human greed, and it always is. Only the spirits are my true friends.

While I would tend to agree with the idea of magick meant to be shared, it's what type of magick and the sharing part (for me) that can be quite personal. There are some of us that won't share our spells, invocations, recipes, etc. because what works for me, just may not work for you. There just isn't a one spell fits all solution, otherwise everybody would be wealthy!! I believe things become custom tailored to the individual practitioner...we are different from one another in not just skill level, but energy, voice/respect in the realms, etc. It is through practice and experience that one learns what works, what doesn't, and so on. Getting something like conjuration to work with the desired results, repeatedly...better yet constantly without err....is what I believe puts you on the master path. People may be interested in learning all the methods out there but you simply won't live long enough and you have to find your own way too. Now that's not to say you can't work under someone and learn from them...but to copy their work entirely and get the same results/effect??? I dunno...my success comes from learning from others but applying my unique self/signature (skills, experience, gifts, etc.)....there are general no brainer rules (fire burns)....but bending the flame and protecting yourself can be different for each person... 2cents

Blessings,
Scordra

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Would it be okay if just anyone conjured you and do whatever they wanted to you without their being any guidelines & restrictions? No, it wouldn't. There has to be guidelines, there has to be structure and it's not set by humans, it's set by forces larger than ourselves (God, for me). Humans aren't the most powerful creatures in this universe or any universe. We're not these incredibly powerful beings that can supercede all other entities & realms... to think that will get you into MAJOR trouble. You cannot just summon whatever you want, whenever you want without any regard to the laws & guidelines that have been in place for thousands of years. This is one reason I talk about humility so much when conjuring & spellcasting. Confidence & ego are too different things and you have to have confidence with humility to be a great power.
Humans may think they've been around for such a looooong time but when you consider the other realms, spirits, and entities....we are like swaddled babes....
creepyhollows wrote:I can't say, well today I think I want to be a New York Yankee, show up on their field and say "Well, you have to show me how to become a baseball player because otherwise you're just out for greed". That is insulting to the players who've spent hours & hours practicing & breaking their bodies to become a great baseball player.....When I'm really sick I want a doctor who went to medical school, I don't want the doctor who interviewed a lot of other doctors and thinks he knows what he is doing because he talked to a lot of people & read some books on it. I want someone who studied, trained, practiced, made sacrifices & poured their heart, soul, body, mind and spirit into becoming a doctor to get that certificate and be a physician......No matter the profession if someone is a master in something they are going to be compensated for their sacrifices & dedication to gain that knowledge & title as well as the fact most masters have no personal life to speak of because they are sharing their ability with others most of the time. They have to pay for a roof over their heads, their food, the materials needed to perform what has to be done, and they end up taking a lot of responsibility on themselves be it our profession or any profession.
I can't help it but have to say it....AMEN SISTER!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

An important post...

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

Terror wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:
But it still has me thinking on the exact difference between conjuring and 'calling a spirit over' (so to speak). Yes I'm a sucker for technical details .
Is the conjuring the creation of a special channel to a certain spirit or entity because you normally cannot reach their domains? And calling on the sprit is only something you (and other spirits because they are of the same type) can do because that channel is already in effect (and that constitutes part of the binding) ?
A conjure means you are purposefully requesting the presence of a spirit for an effort. When I conjure a spirit it is for the express purpose of that spirit participating in something be it as simple as a conversation or for binding, etc. Conjurations are written expressly for specific efforts be it a specific type of spirit or entity or a general race of an entity. They are devised in general, for White Arts, for Dark Arts, in protected channels, unprotected channels, etc. However, the purpose of a conjuration is so you know EXACTLY what is coming to you and THEY know EXACTLY WHY you are requesting their presence. It is a method of clear communication... you saying "I want X to come here" and "X" knows from the conjuration why they are being asked to come.

Just talking to the spirit world in general and inviting spirits to come to you or having your spirits bring other spirits into your home is less a method of communication and more a method of socializing. There is no clear direction or method in scrutinizing who is going to come, why they are coming, and what their origin is. There are more specific ways of inviting spirits socially but conjuration should be used if you have a reason for bringing them into your home other than socializing.
::bump::
You read my mind.

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X

Return to “General Questions”