Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There's been questions lately about what is a binding and what is an attachment and how do they differ?

To be basic a binding is the permanent & direct binding of a spirit, energy or spell to a location (vessel, person, etc).

An attachment is temporary; usually done by energies or spirits themselves. They attach themselves to a location (vessel, person, place. home, etc) and they can stay as little or as long as they wish. Either the spirit or energy can remove themselves and/or the person who owns the location can remove them.

We've also had emails & eBay questions wanting to know what kind of bindings are they and how do you learn to do them?

There are many different types of bindings varying from those done by people new to the process to the well-trained. I can tell you that you will not find a lot of information online about binding spirits because it is information passed from one practitioner to their wards. This forum was the first to open the discussion about spirit keeping and spirit bindings and we have not posted public information about the binding process.

Through the Conjuration Clubs and through University courses we offer teaching on how to properly bind spirits and/or magic. Does one class make you an expert? No. This is something that you will start out on the ground floor and you will need to work with dedication & hard work to get to a point where you can say firmly that you are able to properly bind spirits and/or magic. Not to mention you have to earn your place in the spiritual & astral realms to be able to approach certain spirits and to be taken seriously.

Typically the binding techniques & conjuration techniques we teach are for the people who are conjuring for themselves or family & friends. This is because there are steps to binding spirits and/or magic for strangers. Naturally we know most of you now but before we did you were obviously a stranger. Sometimes people want to know why our spirit listings lack great lengths of personal information about that spirit... well, it's because we aren't bonding with them and you wouldn't want us to if you were the next Keeper. We conjure & bind because the spirit that comes through wants to be bound and either already knows who they are going to eventually or just want companionship in general.

When you conjure and converse with a spirit you are exchanging energies with that spirit and you are creating a tie between you, however slight. For us we have been doing this a long, long time and it's best not to get personal with spirits you plan to re-home. So that is why often we lack the insight & details into the spirits. We pass along any information they give us at time of conjuration but they know we are practitioners and they know that we are the gateway from them getting from their realm to their door. They understand the roles & places of themselves and us. They wouldn't encroach on us and we would not encroach on them. I realize that with all the information we put out there it all looks so easy (perhaps) but there's a lot to spirit interaction on a practitioner's level and as a practitioner we understand our place & role and the spirits understand theirs.

When we're conjuring for ourselves it's a different matter, but there is a clear line that falls between a practitioner & the other realms and there are certain criteria & things that must be in place for a seasoned practitioner to call themselves that.

What is the worst that can happen if someone inexperienced binds a spirit wrongly?

Well, if it's a Dark Arts spirit it can become extremely problematic. Wraiths, Harpies, some darker Vampires, Stryx, and the other darker of the DA spectrum would become noticeably irritable, they would backlash against the person who has them in their custody, they would be distressed and vicious. When proper invocations & binding techniques aren't used it can be dangerous. Of course fooling around with extremely dark DAs could prove fatal.

With White Arts spirits it's less of a danger and more of an discomfort & annoyance for the spirit and eventually the Keeper.

Either Arts can also lead to the spirit breaking free of the binding and with the DA spirits that's when it can become a real problem. With WA they may bother you for awhile if they are upset about it.

The invocation is extremely important because it is the first interaction between you and them that creates a bond and tie between you. It is like a contract of trust; you put yourself out there and the one(s) that respond is accepting that contract. Secondly is the method of binding. In our Conjuration Club classes we first teach a certain method that allows the person to earn credibility in the spiritual realm and/or astral realms and they use an accompanying guide to provide them assistance until they can earn their credibility. From there they use a binding invocation written expressly for binding. One, four, six, or ten courses does not make them a seasoned practitioner, of course, but repetition, hard work & growth in the field will.

So what happens if a spirit comes to your home of its own free will and you want to keep them with you?

If you're not a practitioner then I am going to strongly recommend that you ask the spirits to attach themselves to you or a vessel. You do not have to bind a spirit in order for them to stay. If you have a spirit that comes to you and wants to stay with you then they will continue to stay. It also opens you up to the option of asking the spirit to leave if things don't work out. If they are bound then you have to perform a banishment or un-binding which can also open doors you may not want to open.

Spirits and having them in your life can be an extremely joyous & amazing experience, but it's not something to take lightly. They are beings with thoughts, feelings, emotions and insights. There is a respect, trust & reverence that comes with spirit keeping and not only should you take it seriously but whatever practitioner you choose to work with should take it seriously if not even more seriously.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
FannyNzinga
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Magnolia,

After reading and re-reading your post, it seems to me that it would be truly beneficial to learn all that can be learned about binding and undoing binding when and if necessary. Right now I attend the University of Phoenix online and am accustomed to taking blocks of classes that flow from each other. Is the University here structured much the same way? If so, is there a block rate for classes? Just wondering, and if you don't have it like that, perhaps an idea to consider :flower:

Peace,

That Girl Fanny!

There is still much work for Love to do...
Namaste!

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

fanny - go into the online store and go down into "university", once you're on the main page, click "conjurations". the course you want to start with is "conjuration, class 1, foundation for all classes". in this class you will learn the basics which will allow you to move forward into class 11, 111, 1V and V eventually. :) and the price is lowered! wow!!! great deal magnolia. :) hope this helps. take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
FannyNzinga
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lady Crone, thank you. I had not looked to see how they were set up. I will take advantage of the opportunity. Peace, Joy and Blessings to you and yours.

:flower: :flower: :flower:

Namaste!

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

It's not what you know that will hurt you,
It's what you don't know................

Once upon a time, there was the story of Magnolia and Ash's path that lead them where they are today. It was a fascinating read.
And it really highlights the long and arduous path to becoming an adept.

There are many here who have brought interests from past lives into this one. But having a past life does not make one an expert ! I was a champion golfer in a past life, but I have no talent or desire, not even enough to watch, the game today.

One can fully draw on past life experiences when they develop continuity of consciousness, thru building the Antakarana, where they cam step from one life to the next in complete conscious clarity. The rest of us have to work at it. As it is meant to be. Anything worth having, is worth striving for.

The ancient wisdom is excellent path work for light seekers. http://www.douglasbaker.com/psychology.html

Blessed Be,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
FannyNzinga
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Alex,

What you have provided for those who are interested like I am is the reason why I remain part of CH. I am a 3rd year psych student, interested in Transpersonal Psychology, yet had not come across this site. Fascinated I am, and it goes to prove that no matter how old the dog (47), there is more learning to do. Peace to you WWA.

:computer: That Girl Fanny!

Namaste!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are many here who have brought interests from past lives into this one. But having a past life does not make one an expert ! I was a champion golfer in a past life, but I have no talent or desire, not even enough to watch, the game today.
Well, there are many facets to consider in past lives readings too. I mean, this is one reason I do them on such a limited basis... it's not an easy thing to discern and you always, always, always have to consider #1, the source and #2 taking it as a reference.

We have people who send us their readings of myself & Ash all the time, unprovoked, and I can tell you that if all of them were correct we've lived more lives than humanly possible.

Perhaps this should be in it's own thread as well but I can tell you from experience also that not everyone who has a past life is someone famous be it celebrity, royalty, historical figure, etc. It's impossible. There's literally billions of people who have lived and died (if not trillions) and the likelihood of each of us being someone esteemed & famous in a past life is not possible. The same way it's not possible we were all master warlocks, witches, priestesses, demi-gods or demi-goddesses, etc. Our passion in this life does not dictate a past life of similiar passion. It does for some, yes, but some things are original to each life.

Experienced readers take their time, really calculate multiple criteria when doing past lives readings to be sure not to be reading the person's projections, bloodlines, etc and that they are reading a past life. It's not like reading someone where everything is compartmentalized in it's own little box and you can open it and know you are reading the right thing... sometimes you are filtering through levels & layers of things.

Past lives are guidelines and insight to us and you have to take it as supportive material to explaining yourself in this life perhaps, to re-connecting to some passions you had in past lives (if you chose) and gaining a larger-picture understanding of who you are.

As always, and with everything in the paranormal, consider the source. And I don't mean consider whether or not the person is really nice, sweet, lovely, and is your friend... I mean consider the experience and background. Some people are really sweet & are a great experts and some people are really stern & are great experts. Most of us who believe in the paranormal are tender-hearted and we are easily trusting which is both our greatest measure & sometimes our greatest folly.

So just exercise an editing eye. I feel like I make this kind of thread about once a year. LOL In fact I'm sure last year's thread is still in here somewhere.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
FiercelyFree
active contributor
active contributor

Binding - if one is getting a re-homed spirit, how are past bindings and bridging removed? I have agreed to re-home a fae custom conjured by Magnolia for a Forum member and am somewhat confused. The member said one of her spirits told her that this fae was not happy and wanted a new home, mine.
First, why would a custom conjuration by CH not want a relationship with the Keeper? I thought the very nature of a custom by Magnolia or Ash was to have a good match, especially with the conjurer's ability to discern an appropriate link.
Second, coming from CH, the spirit would be bridged to the Forum member. I do not think such a connection to a spirit can simply be broken by putting its vessel in the mail! How is this broken?
Third, what am I to do to ensure that what she has done is a good course of action for everyone involved and that the spirit will be bond to me, with any connection to her being broken.
She had said the spirit needed rehoming; some of us offered our homes and the fae choose mine. When she told me he wanted my home, she also mentioned that she expected a donation. Responding to this information, I then learnt that the fae was a custom and she had already put him in the mail so I could not stop the process for more information or to have her talk to Magnolia or someone more knowledgeable than me on spirit unhappiness/rehoming.
I just want to ensure that all is well for this poor fae and how a good conjuration can 'go bad' ...FF :pumpkin: :feedback:

It's a beautiful day.... don't let it get taken away !
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Do you think a powerful spirit can grant you the power without prior education? I ask because I've manage to do stuff I had no training in. Now I'm not sure if I'm doing it or they are doing it for me.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Binding - if one is getting a re-homed spirit, how are past bindings and bridging removed?

If it is an SRA that comes to us we break the binding and re-bind them to a Spirit Stone for obvious reasons.
I have agreed to re-home a fae custom conjured by Magnolia for a Forum member and am somewhat confused. The member said one of her spirits told her that this fae was not happy and wanted a new home, mine.
First, why would a custom conjuration by CH not want a relationship with the Keeper? I thought the very nature of a custom by Magnolia or Ash was to have a good match, especially with the conjurer's ability to discern an appropriate link.
Yes, that is the purpose of a custom conjuration and when the spirit is conjured for the person they are done so with that person's current profile in mind. I don't know who the person is who you received the Fae from so I can't go into any more specifics from there. If they only had a short while then I agree that sounds strange, but if they had the Faery for awhile and they have run their purpose together then it's not unusual for some relationships, just like in human relationships, to fulfill their potential and both want to move on.
Second, coming from CH, the spirit would be bridged to the Forum member. I do not think such a connection to a spirit can simply be broken by putting its vessel in the mail! How is this broken?
It is broken by the original Keeper & the person it was originally Bridged to forfeiting their right to ownership and consequently their Bridge to the spirit.
Third, what am I to do to ensure that what she has done is a good course of action for everyone involved and that the spirit will be bond to me, with any connection to her being broken.
Well that you are going to have to ask the spirit directly. I am assuming that the person you have the Faery from asked the Faery prior to send them to you.
She had said the spirit needed rehoming; some of us offered our homes and the fae choose mine. When she told me he wanted my home, she also mentioned that she expected a donation.
I don't know what you mean by "donation"?
Responding to this information, I then learnt that the fae was a custom and she had already put him in the mail so I could not stop the process for more information or to have her talk to Magnolia or someone more knowledgeable than me on spirit unhappiness/rehoming.
Hm, well that may have been a little quick if you had not completely agreed to the situation, but when the Faery arrives to you I would simply ask the Faery if that is what he wanted.
I just want to ensure that all is well for this poor fae and how a good conjuration can 'go bad'
What we're talking about here is not whether or not a spirit wants to go to someone. We're talking about the binding process & binding spirits. Obviously a bind made by myself or Ash is a correct binding. As far as a "good conjuration can 'go bad'", it can't. What you're talking about is no longer a question of binding or conjuration, you're talking about re-homing a spirit and whether or not the choice to re-home them is a bad one. They are two different topics altogether.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “General Questions”