Creatures for Children??

dragawn
new here
new here
Answers: 0

drsuess wrote:Hey folks --
I'm in a bit of a quandry... I had bought my boys a dragon vessel from CH auctions with a Class 2 Blue Dragon Invocation. They sat with the item and said the Invocation but I'm not quite sure anything really happened. I haven't seen any signs of any dragons being around and according to the seller I can't conjure it for them. However, my nine year old has taken care of the vessel as if it the dragon was there.(very responsible)

Now, My BOYS would like a spirit stone. No big deal right? A nice little Fairy or Dragon would be great -- NO -- they want a Creature. :shock: (eeek). My nine year old wants a Gryphon and My 12 year old isn't sure but the "cooler" the better. With the Cinco De Mayo sale coming up I can actually afford to buy them something but... a creature??

Any thoughts?
I'm glad this topic is here. I was thinking of getting my boys a Unicorn as they are supposed to be good guardians & protectors. However being 8 & 10 years old & very into dragons, they are really hoping for a dragon. Wasn't sure which would be better. Are there any other creatures (other than a unicorn) that are good for protection for children? Not really sure which way I want to go.

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

My boys have a unicorn already... so this time we went with their choices. One wanted a Fairy and the other got a Hippocampus! We would have gone Dragon but they were too expensive.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
lskyln
new here
new here
Zodiac:

i was actually at first going to get my daughter a gargolye, but after talking to magnolia she said that while they are good, they play a little rough with children, and apperence can be quiet scary. So i got my daughter a C5 unicorn. She is 9 and very excited. We haven't gotten it yet but she can't wait!!

lisa/gypsywolf

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Oooooh a unicorn is cool...

I got one of those for my 9 year old too. (he's a boy) Well, actually, I bought him for me but I kept it in my son's room b/c that's where my desk is and the unicorn bonded with him. Oh well... this time we settled on a Hippocampus and my 12 year old (a boy) asked for a fairy!! To each his own! They should be arriving soon! I don't know who's more excited me or them!!

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hey seuss!

How has it been going? :D

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Cryptic_twilight313 wrote:Hey seuss!

How has it been going? :D
Ha! I totally forgot about this thread.

We ended up with a C3 hippocampus and a C3 Fairy. My nine year old got the hippocampus and it's been wonderful!! He's really taking care of him like a pro. I turned the stone into a pendant and he's been weraing it around his neck everyday and he can even FEEL the stone "vibrate" at times. This is very exciting for him.

As for my 12 year old... he got the Fairy but things haven't been so well there. I think the Fae wasn't a good choice for him. He's in that stage where everythings a mess (including him) and even though I turned that stone into a pendant as well, he doesn't wear her often. He does sleep with her under his pillow at night but spends very limited time with her during the day. I have to constantly remind him to give her offerings and to "take a shower" b/c Fae don't like smelly people... but he does!

I think he's kind of disappointed that she hasn't "shown herself" to him like the hippocampus has to my little one... but I keep reminding him that my little one spends more time with his spirit than he does. I don't know... if at the end of the 30 days nothing happens I think he might give up. So I'm trying to offer him encouragement and "remind" him of what he needs to do in order to care for a Fae...

Thanks for asking Cryptic!!

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Glad to hear the 9yo is doing so well and sorry the older boy isn't doing as well. Not wearing her stone will slow down the bonding process, and 12 yo boys can be pretty rough and tumble. Could he have told someone about his Fae and been made fun of?

Maybe you could take over the care of the Fae and get him something else, but this time let him 'feel' for a spirit that calls him? You could pull the choices up on several different screens and let him put his hand over each before reading the description so he isn't influenced by the mind and uses his senses instead. He will feel either heat or a little vibration from the spirit that calls to him.

It may not happen the first time he tries it either, but be patient, a spirit will call to him. All the c2 spirit stones are very reasonable, especially on one of the sales.

Have you checked out some of the immortals? Those are pretty kewl.
Most of the dragons would also make nice spirits to keep.

Keep us updated Suess. I think it's lovely you are teaching your children about spirits.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hi Alex!

Ironcially, the Fae was his choice. I was pushing him toward a creature but he said he wanted a Fairy. (Personally, I thought it was kind of odd myself...) But he is a very sensitive soul and seemed drawn to her. Also, this particular Fae was called specifically for him.

I think he's in that state of mind where he wants to beleive but until he sees it, it's just a stone. We do have a brutal group of kids in our neighborhood who would definitely ridicule him about it if they knew and he's starting to turn into an adolescent -- so I guess, a Fairy wouldn't be considered cool to own. (That's okay -- we all have our little secrets, don't we??)

He took her to the shore with us yesterday and slept with her under his pillow and when we came back I forgot to remind him to bring her home....... but he took care of her. He brought her home and put her right under his pillow when he went to sleep tonight. I figure that I'll give him some time and maybe something will happen for him that will set him off on the right track. Otherwise, as you said, I'll have to take her... either way -- she'll still be loved here. :D

mane79nll
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Things seem to be doing well. Your child will enjoy the company of a fairy. Cos they going to be the best pals.

For lifting an autumn down is not considered great strength, seeing the sun and the moon is not considered a sign of sharp vision, hearing thunder is not considered a sign of sensitive hearing
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

mane79nll wrote:Things seem to be doing well. Your child will enjoy the company of a fairy. Cos they going to be the best pals.
I hope so Mane. He was so excited waiting for her that he checked the mail box everyday for three days straight! :mrgreen:

Return to “Creatures”