Creatures for Children??

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

Hey folks --
I'm in a bit of a quandry... I had bought my boys a dragon vessel from CH auctions with a Class 2 Blue Dragon Invocation. They sat with the item and said the Invocation but I'm not quite sure anything really happened. I haven't seen any signs of any dragons being around and according to the seller I can't conjure it for them. However, my nine year old has taken care of the vessel as if it the dragon was there.(very responsible)

Now, My BOYS would like a spirit stone. No big deal right? A nice little Fairy or Dragon would be great -- NO -- they want a Creature. :shock: (eeek). My nine year old wants a Gryphon and My 12 year old isn't sure but the "cooler" the better. With the Cinco De Mayo sale coming up I can actually afford to buy them something but... a creature??

Any thoughts?

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Hunter
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Hmm... Well, for children, a Unicorn would be great... But I'm not sure if your boys would want a Unicorn...

Hmm... As for others, I'm not sure... Maybe you could look them over, see what you think would be alright and then let them chose between the ones that you have selected...

Maybe a Phoenix? A Phoenix sounds good.

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Hmmm. I was just looking at the spirit stones.
Alan - half man half bird
Baku - eater of dreams
Gryphon - totally awesome creature - more fearsome than dragons, more magestic than unicorns
Hippocampus - a flying horse, different from pegasus
Hippogryph - made famous in Harry Potter films

As well as the Phoenix that Hunter suggested (Very Kewl).

Good luck, and let us know what you choose. :D Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

oooooh! Hunter! Great idea... I like the phoenix idea. That's one! Thanks!

Thanks you guys... I wasn't sure if a creature might be too strong for them since they were so young.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

The spirit stones are c2 and the ones I looked at are not duplicious in nature.

How would a 9 year old use a creature that promoted love? Well, suppose you had a cranky teacher..... ha ha ha

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

(hee. hee) I told him that the spirit he wanted was so he could get girlfriends... and he was like yeah! Little devil. :twisted:

Shiori
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

drsuess, I know you've probably already decided on getting the pheonix, but I just thought I'd add in that a Chinese Fox might be good. It not only helps very well spiritually, but it is a very wise, noble creature. Either way, I hope your boys enjoy whichever spirit they might get. Good luck! :D

“How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare? ...that became for me more and more the real measure of value.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
mane79nll
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hmm, I believe the best way is to ask your children what they wished to obtain from the particular creature. OK, let see your 12 year old wants something cool....do you think he like a volkh or pegasus.

For lifting an autumn down is not considered great strength, seeing the sun and the moon is not considered a sign of sharp vision, hearing thunder is not considered a sign of sensitive hearing
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I think that's what we're going to have to do. I think we'll have to go through them together and decide what's appropriate... although, shiori, I like the Chinese Fox -- that's not so intimidating and really might be more benefical then catching "girls" :D .

Shiori
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Good point, drsuess. :D I've always been drawn to the Chinese Foxes; they're just so pleasent to be around. :)

“How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare? ...that became for me more and more the real measure of value.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Creatures”