OTC Medicine & Collecting

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Hello.

I've read the article in the CH Encyclopedia about how prescription pills will alter your energy. What I want to know is whether over the counter (OTC) medicine will do the same. Will diet pills, sleeping pills, vitamin supplements, aspirin, etc affect your energy in the same way? Or will they have little if any affect?

queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

hi unfortunately sleeping pills and pain killers do. :x

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Anything and everything we ingest in any way will alter every single part of our body and mind. This alterations can be subtle or obvious, good, neutral, or bad. And of course fasting will affect us as well...

One thing about those "good ole time dangerous drugs, is, that we know exactly what they do and exactly what different dossages will do. With both legal & illegal "Designer Drugs" and "Fast-Tracj Drugs", we have little or no information and have to guess what reports and surveys have been supressed, which reports are right or wrong, and how much we don't know we don't know.

In the "First World", America is the sleaziest.....

Its is obvious that playing around with serotonin regulators, can and randomly does cause pre-psychotic states as well as full psychotic breaks..

Unfortunately, the drug that causes few ill effects other than constipation, and calms the mind without disrupting the thinking process is low level dosages (10 mg active ingredient; 1 ml of solution) of morphine sulphate.

Why do I say this? Well, I was in an accident where I fell through a second floor of an old very high ceilinged barn in Vermont, and landed face down on a staircase. I smashed my left rotator cuff, the long bones in my right foot, and broke my right wrist. The Gods smiled upon me, It just happened that a world famous surgeon and his entire team were lecturing that day at the hospital where I was taken. and they were lecturing specically on what had happened to me. Because of this, today, I still have my left arm+shoulder with 98% use, and same for right foot, and 100% use of my right hand. SO cool. But I entered the world of major painkillers. With morphine sulfate I could talk, read books make phone calls, watch tv, and I was happy and didn't worry about a thing. Later they put me on vicodin and I turned into a vegetable, couldn't remember anything, had bouts of depression and anxiety. It got so bad and they wouldn't give me morphine, that I made a tactical decision to suffer the pain rather than suffer brain rot in every emotional and ideational form. The first few days of not taking vicodin were horrible, and then it leveled off. I could take the pain, and by concentrating moving the pain around my body and then "breathing it away" I began to feel really great. And the last thing was being in a wheel chair for several months, and then, presto, "I'm back on the street..."

Also, I know one person who was mildly depressed and a doctor prescribed low dosage prozac. This person spent 2 days contemplating suicide, made the effort, stopped taking this legal drug and felt much better from then on...this person had no suicidal tendencies....

So that's my opinion for what its worth....

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Just to add......

Unfortunately today, I feel that, doctors are far too quick to prescribe something for the pain,
or with Chronic conditions to prescribe something to counteract the side effects of an original prescription
without considering the potential for damage to the human psyche.

I recently lost my brother, who was taking vicodan and Zoloft. When he started having suicidal feelings,
his doctor sent him to a psychologist, who in turn increased his antidepressants. Needless to say, this
did not solve the problem in any way, in fact only made it worse.

It is amazing the number of chemicals that we absorb through our skin on a daily basis. As an experiment in my
Aromatherapy class, we were told to remove our socks, and place one drop of garlic essential oil on the bottom of
our feet. Within 10 minutes we all reeked of garlic. Not just our feet! So many things are absorbed transdermally that we often don't take into account on a daily basis, which can alter our perceptions, moods, and even thought processes.

Pharmacists wear gloves not only for sanitary reasons, but also to protect themselves from chemicals that can cross to the blood stream through the skin.

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Faerie,

What you say is soooooo well said, and sooooooo important.

And what about living near high tension electricall wires and cell towers....not me brother!!!

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

I still sometimes take weak anti depresant to help me go to sleep.

It has effect on me talking to entities but once the effect of it is gone, I can comunicate with them no problem. In fact, it is better foe me to comunicate with them AFTER the effect is gone, because I had a good sleep.

And yes, we do wear gloves to keep us away from the drugs from our selves too.

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thanks for the replies everyone! I had an 'ah ha!' moment after I read the article on prescription drugs. It hit me that maybe the diet pill that I take was interfering with my ability to connect with a few of my spirits. The original reason I took them, the energy, wasn't really worth the mental fogginess and overly fatigued feeling I got afterwards, so I've been weaning myself off of them an haven't taken one in about 1.5 - 2 weeks.

Caiyros
That sounded like terrifying fall. I can only image going through something like that. It's great there was such skilled doctor and medical team near by.

I don't know what's up for me next, but I'm glad so far that I haven't been in a situation that requires serious medical attention. I'm just not very trustworthy of doctors. In my experience they've been too quick to offer surgery for problems that don't need it, too quick to prescribe powerful medications, or baffled by problems that they should be able to solve.

FaerieWhispers
I'm sorry to hear about your brother's passing. *hugs*

That experiment sounded quite fun. That really makes you think, though, about all the chemicals that our bodies absorb daily that we don't even know about.

xXxClairexXx
It's good to know you had a better time communicating with your entities after the effects have worn off.

FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Caiyros, ugghhh, public water, electrical impulses, radio waves from cell towers, not to mention emf's from
various electrical appliances..................oh I will not get on my soap box today!

emstrange1 - The worst part is the chemicals we use every day that we do not take into account. House hold cleaners. Dish detergents, shampoo, body soap, perfumes (unless they are natural), foods that have been processed, chemicals which leach into our food supply from farmers using pesticides, and chemical fertilizers, gmo foods..................... ok that is soap box material......... Needless to say we are exposed to thousands of chemicals every day that effect the natural makeup of our bodies.

A couple of years ago I decided to try an experiment. I eliminated all chemicals from my house. I used only natural organic shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, deodorants, household cleaners, and only ate organic foods for 1 week. At the end of the week I added store bought body soap. I could actually taste the chemicals of the soap for hours after I washed my body with it (no I did not eat the soap :P , but may as well have!) I got a massive headache that lasted for two days. I had built up a tolerance to these chemicals which was probably causing all kinds of health problems, depression, etc. When I had cleared them out and introduced just one of the items I had been using before - I had a strong reaction!

The point of this "lecture" was that the further away we get from natural the more we are programming ourselves to be closed off to nature!

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

emstrange1 - Thank you. I wish I knew then what I know now, as I often wonder if there was something more I could have
done to prevent it. I just know that now he has found some peace and an understanding of life.

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The point of this "lecture" was that the further away we get from natural the more we are programming ourselves to be closed off to nature!
Very true!

Return to “Connecting”