Creature classes?

Nexxus Red
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Originally Asked by alex:

Ok, I have a question, creatures come in different classes based on their strength.
Can I assume this has to do with the age/experience of the creature?
Will a creature move up in class during our lifetime?

Or once 'born' into a class, is a creature always in that class?

I think the owership and study of creatures is so interesting, and there is very little written about them. Vague references in old texts, yes. Creepy Hollows has the best information I have found, but I still thirst for knowledge. LOL.

Any thoughts?

-----------------------------

FaerieWhispers Replied with:

I believe that the classes are the strength/intensity of the binding. I could be way off here though.

------------------------------

Alex Replied with:

That is an interesting perspective. Hypothetically then, the next question would be can one increase the class of their spirit either over time or thru a process?
Can it occur naturally?
Can it be spell cast to increase in class strength?

------------------------------------
FaerieWhispers Replied with:

Hmmmmmm,
Those are some good questions!

----------------------------------

topazz Replied with:

i would also be interested in knowing about this. Does Magnolia have her own way of measuring spirit class or does she use an old method of doing so??

hmm... good post alex

-----------------------------------

Hatshpset Replied with:

i believe the strength of the casting depends a lot upon the experience of the one performing the casting. at least this is what i belive i have read. if you have little or no experience you might be able to cast a 1 or 2 class. if you have years of experience as magnolia and her husband have in casting then it's easier for the class 5's to be bound, but even then it's exhausting. blessed be. arsine/lady isis silverdragon

alex Replied with:

Arsine, then assuming what you have stated is true, the more experienced the conjurer, the higher class they are able to bind to a vessel. It is the class the entity is at when they are bound, as I don't think that entities can be bound partially or wholly to meet a class distinction.

This would mean that : A creature/entity/spirt/etc could concievably move up in class with age/experience. Would you agree?

It also leads me to an additional theory, that entities (for all spirit/creature/immortal/etc) are a class 1-5, and that they are that class when they are bound.

2. Wheather they can move up in class because of age/and/or/experience remains an unknown factor. However, Based on what we know of the physical world, anything can change class given enough time and/or experience.

3. So I will again venture to theroize that any creature can move up in class, the time period being different for each, and may or may not relate to years as we understand them on the physical realm.

What are your thoughts? Anyone else? I'm sure Magnolia will have some clarifying input when she gets back.

--------------------------------

Princess Replied with:

On Magnolia's site there was a discription of each class..1-5 and what you could expect from them. I'm not sure if it is on the new site but it should be. It is my understanding that what ever class they are cast at is the class the are...always I suppose. I will try to find it.
Blessings
Princess

---------------------------------

topazz Replied with:

What i meant was (in my tired midnight ramblings!!!) was whether the class rating that magnolia uses is something she and her husband have found herself or whether this is something that could have been passed down thoughtout many generations meaning more people could have used it. my reasons for asking are that although i occasionally see classes of Djinn etc on sellers descriptions, Magnolia's system is very unique as far as i can see. I presume that she is very experienced in knowing what class a spirit is but am just interested to know whether it's something she's embraced for ease of use or is using because it's used a lot in the meta world.

Looking at this question it's probably not something anyone but Magnolia can answer unless you're savvy on her methods.

To answer the current question on whether a certain class can move up a class - i have no idea!

Have i rambled again ?? sorry

ignore me if i'm confusing you ...

---------------------------------

IndigoWonders Replied with:

You're clear to me topazz, but I think you're right in that only Magnolia can answer you for sure. I would think they couldn't increase class on their own, but need to be conjured that way, or pull more from the same spirit in re-conjuring.

CreepyHollows Replied with:

Sure! This is a great question and I'll explain...

Let's start with entities that once lived on earth.

When an entity perishes (this includes mortal, creatures, etc) it presents a spiritual energy - as I've stated in other threads and articles humans leave these spiritual stains thoughout their lives and one stain can be more energetic than another... and for most creatures this can happen but I have found with creatures the most significant and meaningful spiritual energy is created at time of death.

When an entity is called and is present for binding these factors come into play regarding class level:

* the level of the conjurer's experience dictates the class rating at which the entity is bound

* the strength of the spiritual energy presenting itself

* the method used to bind the entity

You could have a Dragon spirit that presents at a class 5 but the conjurer is only capable of binding a class 3 so the Dragon's spirit will only present in the vessel as a class 3. Is it possible if the conjurer continues to work on their trade they can re-bind the Dragon at a later date and bring the spiritual presence to a class 4 or 5.

There are many methods and invocations to bind entities and some are much more effective than others... and again, you can re-bind to achieve the spirit's greatest capability.

It is possible to strengthen a spirit once you own it. This can be achieved through association and affiliation with higher classed spirits in your collection and your work with the spirit. It doesn't happen every time and with some entities it is not possible at all but I have found with Angels, Dragons, and Fae they can achieve a half to whole class rating improvement through work and affiliation with other spirits of higher classes.

-------------------------------------

alex Replied with:

Thank you for sharing Magnolia. I knew you would shed some light on the subject.

When you explained that it is the etheric energy (stain) left behind after passing, then the how and why came together more clearly.

Return to “Creatures”