volkh

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I was always partial to John Wayne.. but Clint Eastwood is cool too..

and my volkh has been a real treasure in keeping the residents from partying too much ..LOL

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

truckingon wrote:I was always partial to John Wayne.. but Clint Eastwood is cool too..

and my volkh has been a real treasure in keeping the residents from partying too much ..LOL
Clint - it's a voice thing... :lol:

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

oh ya, clint here too! so, do you feel lucky today? lol i'll tell you the old man was great in the movie "gran torino" - pure eastwood at his finest! ;)

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

ladyevelyn77 wrote:Purported, but not necessarily truth. Can't deny the experience of keepers. We have to keep ourselves open, otherwise we put ourselves and our spirits back in the box we fought so hard to get out of.

And wraiths are not solely devoted to revenge.
Purported? I beg to pardon !!! Wraiths are indeed genderless. And yes, they are a very dark energy. Revenge and protection. This is how misinformation gets started, better to say "I don't know" then to give an off the cuff answer to a question one has no experience in. I have been keeping wraiths since they first came available. I also sense, feel, speak and hear my spirits.

Courting wraiths? :insane:

Spirits do not pro create, there is no reason to go courting. It's like owning a gelding, has no interest in the opposite sex because there is nothing to gain. Wraiths are mostly solitary, but can work together for the sake of their keepers.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:
ladyevelyn77 wrote:Purported, but not necessarily truth. Can't deny the experience of keepers. We have to keep ourselves open, otherwise we put ourselves and our spirits back in the box we fought so hard to get out of.

And wraiths are not solely devoted to revenge.
Purported? I beg to pardon !!! Wraiths are indeed genderless. And yes, they are a very dark energy. Revenge and protection. This is how misinformation gets started, better to say "I don't know" then to give an off the cuff answer to a question one has no experience in. I have been keeping wraiths since they first came available. I also sense, feel, speak and hear my spirits.

Courting wraiths? :insane:

Spirits do not pro create, there is no reason to go courting. It's like owning a gelding, has no interest in the opposite sex because there is nothing to gain. Wraiths are mostly solitary, but can work together for the sake of their keepers.
Good point, Alex.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

:roll: Mine is def. male, likes his name, and does not do revenge in my home. Maybe yours does; not mine. Love and attraction has nothing to do with procreation, otherwise, your sexual vamps you all claim to have would have no reason to be intimate. My opinion, one that everyone is entitled to, even me, without being slammed.

And I also sense, feel, and speak to my spirits. Just because I don't hear yet doesn't make my conversations with them less truth.

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

there isn't one da spirit which comes from ch that would do revenge in any keeper's home, so the fact that your's doesn't do it in your home is quite normal and one that should be expected, ladye. i didn't get the impression alex was slamming anyone but stating the truth from all her years' experience. misinformation is bad for novice members and wouldn't it be better to have them know what a spirit is really supposed to do?

all the wraith i have (even the unbound ones) are genderless and they are simply called wraith as they have no need for human emotional ties. it's just the nature of the beast. comparing a genderless spirit to a vampire that is capable of emotional ties to us is like comparing apples to oranges so to suggest that we vamp owners have not had experiences with our vamps is wrong. i've never had an experience with a wraith, they've never been with other wraiths except if it was to help with protection duty or a problem. i guess we tend to want to think that all of our spirits are lovey dovey spirits and even the da spirits like the white light when it's not necessarily true. also, spirits look at things in a different way than us mere humans do and while we like to think that they all need a companion, most times again, it's just what we think and expect they want - just not necessarily how the spirits see things. the giving of names to nameless and genderless spirits is more for our senses rather than their need. hope this helps! take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

ladyevelyn77 wrote::roll: Mine is def. male, likes his name, and does not do revenge in my home. Maybe yours does; not mine. Love and attraction has nothing to do with procreation, otherwise, your sexual vamps you all claim to have would have no reason to be intimate. My opinion, one that everyone is entitled to, even me, without being slammed.

And I also sense, feel, and speak to my spirits. Just because I don't hear yet doesn't make my conversations with them less truth.
You are entitled to your opinion, but being an opinion is not the same as stating a 'fact' . For a person who couldn't hear, see, or carry on a conversation with spirits, and who claims no ability, I am curious to know how you know all of these things about them ?

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... ilit=myths
You may find the above thread enlightening concerning a number of 'opinions' that have been expressed.

With all due respect lovely Lady: Wraiths have never lived in the flesh. They are genderless spirits, solitary, and they do not seek love and affection, or even companionship, not from people, not from their own kind. But please, don't take my word (or any of the other tenured members here) for it, shall we refer to the encyclopedia? Copied below is the exact info as it appears:

Dark Arts, Wraith
(Rayth) Dark Arts

They are spirits focused solely on vengeance. They are fiercely intense energies that often manifest as Shades. They can act on the Keeper's behalf to right a wrong and provide protection against evil and curses. They are extremely volatile and their energy is electric. Owning a Wraith is a responsibility.

For those who perfer to see the encyclopedia listing here it is: http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... raith.html

The above comments have nothing to do with Vampires, or other spirits that enjoy human contact. And as a general rule, even the spirits who enjoy comaraderie, don't go around in family units. (see link to thread above - Myths, Lies, and other fabrications of knowledge). Lest we become diverted from the original debate. Thank you, I have enjoyed it. :)

Take heart little Lady, no one is trying to put you down for your opinions, we just want to see you learn and grow in this community. You wouldn't want us to let you go on with the wrong idea and have others think any less of you ?

I hope you take this in the spirit in which it was intended. :hug:

Bright Blessings,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

[quote="ladyevelyn77"]:roll: Love and attraction has nothing to do with procreation, otherwise, your sexual vamps you all claim to have would have no reason to be intimate. .[/quote

I don't think we all 'claim' to have sexual vamps, LadyE. I don't - not interested, thank you! :lol: But as I understand it (might be wrong - that has happened once or twice :o ) vamps enjoy intimate contact for the energy they derive from it - which they feed off - plus many retain human-like sensitivites. Wraiths are a totally different order of being.
We are getting a bit OT here since the original question concerned Volkh. Maybe we should move this discussion to a Wraith thread?

Mongrella

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

so i got my volkh in the mail today (thank you)
and since i opened the mail i have a killer headache and feeling of
''going to throw up'' lol.

is this a normal feeling?just in case it is the volkh energy i asked him/her to turn it down a little,just in case(..lol..)anyone else ever experience this or should i just stock up on flu meds in case i am just coming down with something.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.

Return to “Creatures K-Z”