Raffin

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I attempted to post this a couple of days ago, but it seemd to disappear. So if this is a repost I apologize.

I never expected to own a Raffin, in fact, until he came to our household I had never even heard of a Raffin. Which means I felt it was especially important to take the time to bond. He chose to come to us, after all, which means a lot to me.

It’s only been about two weeks, but he’s already manifested enough for me to get to know him a bit. Other than the entry in the Encyclopedia, I didn’t find much information so I thought I might share my limited experience in hopes of encouraging more experienced owners to do the same.

His energy is a very bright high vibration, I’m reminded of a hummingbirds wing beat when it washes over me. The color experience tends to be a Deep Red (parrot red) with washes of a bright sparkly rainbow (like the light trails seen with sparklers). The visual remains a sort of mashed up *rainbow parroty crocidillian*, which I have no idea how to explain, but is much more harmonious and beautiful than expected.

Despite the nasty weather, we have gone out to feed the birds, which he seemed to like. What he seems to enjoy most though, is music. If it gets you jumping and your booty shaking my Raffin digs it. I also own a chakra box (sort of like having a set of crystal bowls) and we both share meditation using the tones. It has, after all, been only two weeks, but I already feel as though his presence has enriched my life and brought a new joy to the household.

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi Maythen :wave:
Odd, I was just looking at this today.
I like how you described Hummingbirds :D
amongst the other things :thumbup:
I think I might like to get one soon :crazy:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I'd never heard of Raffin before. Does he look like a bird with a reptile head or more of a winged lizard type chap?
He sounds wonderful, whatever. Please keep us posted!

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

mong, my raffin appears like a little bird with a wee gator or croc head and do not let it's size fool you because a raffin can be a real pit bull if needed to help it's keeper. he sort of "flitters" about like a hummingbird does too. just one of those spirits that are a real pleasant surprise! :) mine came along in the last friday 13th offer (13 spirits or spells i think it was) last year and i'm very pleased he is here! hope this helps, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Sounds adorable! :D

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:I'd never heard of Raffin before. Does he look like a bird with a reptile head or more of a winged lizard type chap?
I haven't gotten a strong visual image that appears consolidated, more visual impressions
He's a tough little guy to describe, but the head is definitly crocidillian, though smaller and more narrow in shape. I haven't really seen a "body"; I get an impression of something small, winged, and fast. The energy feels so humminbird-like that my mind is tempted to supply that as a body image, but I don't think it's accurate.

We're still in the early days of bonding, so I suspect that the mishmash of energy I'm getting will refine with time and experience.

Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Wow sounds awesome! I'm most definately going to check these guys out!!! :ohyeah:

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I didn't mention it in my earlier post, but I thought it was an interesting aside...

My Raffin arrived in the same package as my Wraithe, and the two seem to get along more... amicably. The other spirits don't seem to interact with the wraithe energy, but the Raffin will choose to actively engage it.

It's intersting... sort of like sensing *Large and Foreboding* set upon by a four year old hugger mugger wearing footy pajamas.

The wraithe seems to tolerate it with the same unflappable calm I've seen well trained Rottweilers display while human infants gum a tail tip or massage strained peaches between their ears.
But I'm not sure if this is a trait that would be shared by spirit type.

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Maythen21 wrote:I didn't mention it in my earlier post, but I thought it was an interesting aside...

My Raffin arrived in the same package as my Wraithe, and the two seem to get along more... amicably. The other spirits don't seem to interact with the wraithe energy, but the Raffin will choose to actively engage it.

It's intersting... sort of like sensing *Large and Foreboding* set upon by a four year old hugger mugger wearing footy pajamas.

The wraithe seems to tolerate it with the same unflappable calm I've seen well trained Rottweilers display while human infants gum a tail tip or massage strained peaches between their ears.
But I'm not sure if this is a trait that would be shared by spirit type.
What a wonderful image - large & somber Wraith calmly tolerating a whizzy little Raffin's attentions. Maybe I'll ask my Rafe if he'd like one...

Mongrella

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

oh mong, i really do think you should see about a raffin as they are quite like nothing you really can't describe well....but maythen has come pretty darn close! my raffin has no problem interacting with any of the spirits although he does prefer sitting on my solid copper sphere like it's his perch next to me as i'm sewing. i've recently knicknamed him my "quality inspector" because if i mess up a stitch he'll snap his jaws open and shut quickly like "no, no, no". mong, i really think you'd enjoy one! ;) just thoughts from a really tired mind today. take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile

Return to “Creatures K-Z”