searching for ideas/info for newbies and others needing help

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Knowing what works for one, may not work for another, I'll ask anyway..
What tools, spells, types or forms of meditation do you like best for connecting?
Do you have a favorite way of going about connecting or use a favorite spelled item or tool, candles, incense..etc?
Open to ideas and questions I might not think of..

:D
Thanks to everyone in advance for any input....

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

When trying to connect with a specific spirit of mine, I find it beneficial to create a little setup with things relating to them. With a sang vamp for instance, I will use my vampire connective pearls and lay them down on the ground/table (wherever I choose to setup). I might find a piece for connecting with the astral or spiritual realms in general, like my astral star, and place it near the pearls. I will then set up candles that I feel work for the spirit I am communicating to, and have the spirit's vessel in the middle of it all - for a sang vamp I will lay the vessel on a piece of velvet. Aside from that, there's room to be creative. I add other items associated with our specific relationship near the rest or all around me, for example - if it's the vamp who was once my husband, I will place heart-shaped items or other nice things. I might put some rosepetals or rosewater, which is not just to do with romancy stuff but apparently "Rosewater" was also my nickname in the life I spent with him. Lastly I will put out an actual offering/treat if applicable. Maybe a dish of aloe vera juice, or some chocolate in this instance. At that point I will probably take in energy from some source that will actually make it easier for me to connect or express my thoughts and desires - what I find works for me are the pyro stones that were given out as freebies a little while back. I use one of them to channel energy from the flame of a candle, and then meditate on that, utilizing the fire's energy to help me out. It really does seem to empower me, and although i'm not perfect at channeling the energy yet - I continue to get better. I will then summon the presence of the spirit I wish to spend time with or connect with, I will call him forth and focus on that for a while. At that point you could try to telepathically communicate and see what answers come to mind, or talk generally and pay attention to any sensations you get and such. Things are different every time. What I like to do is just talk to my spirit and "hang out" at that point. If they choose to make themselves known to me they will, but if they don't or I can't pick up on them, I just continue talking because I know they can hear what I am saying.
And so, this is just one example of how to go about connecting. Some people prefer simpler methods, and there are many. Another thing I like to do is lay in bed and listen to music on my headphones, when certain songs come up that I feel my spirits would like - I call to them telepathically and try to get their attention. Sometimes the energy of the music gives them an extra boost or helps me relax enough to sense them around me.
You can have A LOT of fun communicating or bonding with your spirits. Even if you can't easily hear them or see them, just asking them to go places with you or calling them out for particular circumstances, thinking about them generally - it means a lot and it really does help strengthen your bond spiritually so that when you are in a more sensitive state to feeling/seeing/hearing them, they are comfortable with you and make more of an effort to help you interact with them in those moments.
There are a lot of ideas, I might mention here that I often feel compelled to bring my hellhound's vessel along when watching particular movies or watching darkly comedic tv shows. I feel like even doing something like that with them, if it appeals to their personality, it really does count as a bonding experience and helps strengthen the connection. Letting them know you are thinking of them and know what they may like to do, sharing in even the simplest of experiences with them.

Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: That's too hard
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy...
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

As a newbie, I wonder how I could know what my spirits would enjoy? I have 3 Silver Dragons and 2 Astral Faeries and I'm almost positive that I've seen signs of their presence, but since I am unable to actually get any feedback from them at this point, I have just been keeping them with me all day/everyday & talking to them about random things. I have given them their own little area with the associations CH lists and other gifts that I've thought they would enjoy. But are there specific activities I should be doing with them? Or any ideas what a Silver Dragon or Astral Faery would really enjoy doing?

On a side note: I am so happy that I was brought to this site (it just popped up on my screen one day) and I haven't been the same since, it's like a whole new world has opened up for me & I'm so excited that I can share this with all of you. I appreciate you all being so patient with me, So a big :thankyou: THANK YOU :thankyou: for all of your help & the support you've offered me.

I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
Username change to Untaimed
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Thank you NoctemAeternus, This def helps give the ones like me, "the newbies", ideas to try...

Hmm any ideas for Untaimedl3? I would like to know as well... any ideas please?? :pray:

vixenMC
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 100
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

With my Star Fae I take a few moments outside stargazing every now and then (if the sky is clear), if not, I've got a computer program that shows where the stars are in real-time and I use that to find constellations and planets with him. Anything to do with astronomy/astrology is all right. We recently tried to do some channeling with CH's lunar estate (see topic http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 115&t=8824) during the last full moon - which is a good thing to do with werewolves as well.

As for dragons, I'd like to know more about what activities they'd enjoy too. I'm kind of struggling to come up with things to do with my gold/silver hybrid, so hopefully the dragon keepers out there can give us some suggestions.

Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you Vixen, I sit outside at every night with them but I'm embarassed to say that I haven't made it a point to actually pay attention to the stars. I'll fix that tonight, lol. Now if I could figure out what the Dragons would enjoy I think we would be off to a great start!

I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Dragon Care: http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ncare.html

Silver Dragons: http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ilver.html

Of course, all dragons like Dragon's Blood Incense. :)

Bright Blessings,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Wiccan Warrior Alex, I've got that memorized and written down in my trusty notebook but was trying to find specific activities that they would enjoy doing with me. I was finally able to communicate with my Faeries via pendulum last night, OMG! I'm so excited :crazy: They definately want to go for walks at night to look at the stars and they want their own bag it seems (I made one that I've had them & the Dragons in, so I can have their vessels on me at all times) They said they don't mind being with the Dragons but would like to have their own. I have to get on it now, lol. The Dragons weren't in a talkative mood I guess so I wasn't able to find out from them what activities they would enjoy doing, but if I'm able to get any ideas from them I''ll definately share!

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

Untaimedl3 wrote:.... I was finally able to communicate with my Faeries via pendulum last night, OMG! I'm so excited :crazy: ....
:clap: Congrats, that's awesome news! :applause: :thumbup: I'm so happy for you ! :hug:

Greetings,Tasha
vixenMC
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 100
Zodiac:

Ooh, nice Untaimed! :thumbup: Hope you enjoy your night walks with your fae.

And please do keep us updated on your dragons as well.

Return to “Connecting”