neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let all of you know first hand. My husband and I are going to start a website soon, and it is going to have handmade candles and soaps on it. We are not wanting to charge for the stuff, however we will require that you pay for the shipping. I looked up quotes on how much it would cost to ship 4 oz bars of soap and jars of candles. The reason we decided to do this is because we love getting things for free, and we were sure everyone else does as well. However if you are near by and just wanted to pick them up, there would be no shipping charge! After we get it established we may add more things like baskets and stuff full of different soaps and candles. There will be a limit per person if it gets really busy, due to the fact we want to make sure that everyone gets some. However if it is not really busy, we will not mind sending you as many as you want (we will get a flat rate box and see how many soaps and candles can fit in it to let the customers know how many they can get for 4.95). Soon we are going to get everything we need to get started. I already have some wax and equipment for candles, but need jars. The candles will be soy, and the soaps will be all-natural as well. If you guys have any scent suggestions, please let me know! I am also looking for a name for the site, so if you have any suggestions for that as well, let me know!

You guys might think we are crazy for spending our money on all this and probably not make our money back, but we enjoy doing things for people whether it benefits us or not! We will take donations if anyone would like to donate, but it is not necessary and we will not push people to donate. I am not sure when this will be in effect, but I will update this thread as we progress. I think we will want to experiment with the soaps and candles first, so we know they will be good quality for our customers.

Nexxus Red
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

You are right, I do think you guys are crazy for doing this for free! That's very thoughtful of you, especially in this hard economic time. I know many people will be thankful for this. :flower:

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi Keira :wave:
That is so awesome.
I am so happy for you :hug:
And what a wonderful thing to do :thumbup:
Scents....Amber (love that smell), i tend to go with those spicy sexy smells :lol:
Name, Keira's Custom Candles and Soaps??

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks guys!

I am really excited to do this!
And Amber will be on the list of scents!

The materials that I do have were left off from where I used to make candles. I still have plenty of soy wax! It actually wasn't that expensive for everything that we bought, and this is left over from 2 years ago! It made a ton of small candles! The other things I need won't be expensive at all, so getting the candle part up will be a cinch. The soaps, however, will probably take some time since I have never made soap. We are going to be doing jarred candles, pillar candles, and other molds/shapes people will like. So if you have a favorite thing, let us know so we can look for a mold for it! That goes for soaps and candles! As for the name, that's a great idea, Ellen! I will take any suggestions then put them in a hat and randomly pick.

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I cannot wait to see the website Keira :applause: :hug: :computer:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
babyface
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Just like to thanks in advance. It is very nice of you and your husband to do this.
How about dragon's blood candle :think:

Logic only gives man what he needs. Magic gives him what he wants.
“I used to be superstitious, then I heard it was unlucky, so I stopped!”
Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

babyface- it is no problem! I know a lot of people need candles for special purposes, and everyone needs soap so might as well give it instead of doing it for money!

Dragon's blood. That should have been the first one I thought of! It will go on the list. Thank you!

Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: That's too hard
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy...
Zodiac:

I'm so excited for you (and all of us)! You will definately be rewarded for doing such a selfless act. I would definately be excited if you had Dragons Blood like Babyface suggested as well as Aloe and maybe a Lavender scent. Thank you in advance!

I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
Username change to Untaimed
Keira
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Untaimedl3! We do not require a reward, the only reward we need is the happiness of all the people who we serve!
I have not ran across any dragon's blood candles before, so this would be something unique! I will go ahead and start looking for that scent in advance!

EDIT: Just looked it up, and indeed there already are dragon's blood candles! I have just never looked it up before. I have dragon's blood incense, but never thought of what it would smell like in candle form!

Untaimedl3
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: That's too hard
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy...
Zodiac:

All I've been able to find around my area is a bayberry/dragons blood layered candles, but personally I would prefer either just the dragons blood or for it layered with something other than bayberry... I think the easiest way for you to pick your scents would be to go through the associations & start with all those scents :flower:

I can finally breathe. Suddenly alive. I can finally move. The world feels revived. Anberlin
Username change to Untaimed

Return to “Website Showcase”