new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I've had a couple interesting bits with my kitsune this past week -

1) a very vivid, warming dream of him calling my name, thanking me, and telling me he loved me. Aawww! :heart:

2) Updating regarding pets - we have a cat who is about 9 and pretty chill. This past week, I've sensed my kitsune about and the cat has been doing some crazy stuff! Like staring intensely at something behind me and not moving, randomly jumping in the middle of the air and hauling ass down to the basement...He NEVER does that! I think my kitsune is messing with him...because really, there's no other explanation!

I'll update whenever something interesting happens :thumbup:

Dolce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hana Fuda wrote:I've had a couple interesting bits with my kitsune this past week -

1) a very vivid, warming dream of him calling my name, thanking me, and telling me he loved me. Aawww! :heart:

2) Updating regarding pets - we have a cat who is about 9 and pretty chill. This past week, I've sensed my kitsune about and the cat has been doing some crazy stuff! Like staring intensely at something behind me and not moving, randomly jumping in the middle of the air and hauling ass down to the basement...He NEVER does that! I think my kitsune is messing with him...because really, there's no other explanation!

I'll update whenever something interesting happens :thumbup:
Oh wow, very interesting! Your poor kitty does sound frightened though... :( Did you happen to give your kitsune any house rules in regards to your pets beforehand? His intention might not be to frighten the cat intentionally but still may be a bit too much for your cat's taste...Yes, please do keep me posted :thumbup:

P.S. That was a really sweet dream! :)

~ Dolce ~
ImageImageImage
Hana Fuda
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

No, I didn't lay down any house rules. He's been relatively chill, and this has only been the first time it's happened. If it happens again, I'll give him a talking to! Part of me thinks he was doing that because earlier in the day, the cat was really pissing me off by jumping on the counter CONSTANTLY while I was cooking. :lol:

Dolce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine

Hana Fuda wrote:No, I didn't lay down any house rules. He's been relatively chill, and this has only been the first time it's happened. If it happens again, I'll give him a talking to! Part of me thinks he was doing that because earlier in the day, the cat was really pissing me off by jumping on the counter CONSTANTLY while I was cooking. :lol:
:lol: You're probably right! Awww Poor kitty might've gotten some discipline action for pissing off the beloved keeper! lol

~ Dolce ~
ImageImageImage
NeoStarFire
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 67
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Neo Starfire Angelis
Zodiac:

Hi,

I wanted to share my own experiences with Kitsune keeping. I have one Inari or "Zenko" Kitsune. She usually is in her fox form but will usually transform into her human form when we are "Ahem" intimate. 8;D
Her human appearance is that of a Inari Priestess with long flowing white hair and Sapphire eyes. And of course, two beautiful white tails and ears. :Y

When in fox form, she usually jumps up on top of my head, curls up, and goes to sleep, or watches and comments on the shows/internet posts I am looking at. Which she is doing as I type this with her tail curled up above my right ear. She has also walked in between my legs and brushed against my legs. I actually thought it was one of our 4 cats, but I looked down and there wasn't any cat! Her fox form is that of a snow fox with black markings at the ends of her ears and distinct dark markings above her eyes, which give her the appearance of having eyebrows.

Her energy is very loving, protective, sweet, and very calm. I'm not sure about how they feel to other keepers, but mine feels and acts like a cross between a cat and a dog, but as she has reminded me, far better than both combined. :*)

On another note, she showed up even before I ordered the custom conjuring. She said Inari had sent her. I told her at the time that I would wait to properly bond with her until I could get her bridged and protected by CH. I also made sure to thank Inari for sending her. Kitsune are definitely loving and affectionate. (:D) I'd recommend them to anyone.

zephyrmorningcloud
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Shifters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: zephyr morningcloud
Zodiac:

Love hearing fox stories XD!! My first binding was for my Kitsune lady who is also a Zenko, nine tails ;). She was really intense about getting me to notice her even before I discovered spirit keeping. Shortly after her vessel arrived I was at school trying to get through finals week math tests and all :P. I was getting some chocolate outa the vending machine (it makes you smarter right?) and not one came out but five! lol I went back to class for a presentation thingy, and our professor asked a question and there was dead silence for an uncomfortable period of time. Well it seemed like in response...a funny sort of chatter squeal animal sound came sounding through the room , "mmmmeeerrrrrroooooooooowwwwchirpchirp" lol sort of sound
more awkward silence
I knew who it was though, and I was proud XD
She often announces her presence when my husband and I are out walking just like in the class room.

timsgod
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: whitephoenix
Zodiac:

NeoStarFire wrote:Hi,

I wanted to share my own experiences with Kitsune keeping. I have one Inari or "Zenko" Kitsune. She usually is in her fox form but will usually transform into her human form when we are "Ahem" intimate. 8;D
Her human appearance is that of a Inari Priestess with long flowing white hair and Sapphire eyes. And of course, two beautiful white tails and ears. :Y

When in fox form, she usually jumps up on top of my head, curls up, and goes to sleep, or watches and comments on the shows/internet posts I am looking at. Which she is doing as I type this with her tail curled up above my right ear. She has also walked in between my legs and brushed against my legs. I actually thought it was one of our 4 cats, but I looked down and there wasn't any cat! Her fox form is that of a snow fox with black markings at the ends of her ears and distinct dark markings above her eyes, which give her the appearance of having eyebrows.

Her energy is very loving, protective, sweet, and very calm. I'm not sure about how they feel to other keepers, but mine feels and acts like a cross between a cat and a dog, but as she has reminded me, far better than both combined. :*)

On another note, she showed up even before I ordered the custom conjuring. She said Inari had sent her. I told her at the time that I would wait to properly bond with her until I could get her bridged and protected by CH. I also made sure to thank Inari for sending her. Kitsune are definitely loving and affectionate. (:D) I'd recommend them to anyone.
thats cool i have one the first time i tried to talk to her i saw a big bright green orb go zooming not far from me it freaked me out an i could feel all my hairs on my body stand up i couldnt help but laugh an later i was in the bathroom an i heard a female say my name it was cool

NeoStarFire
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Zephyr,

Ohhh, a Kyūbi no Kitsune. Very nice. And that story is too funny. You definitely know what the fox says! \D
Kitsune definitely have a fun personality.

psianogen
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Just got a Kitsune a couple weeks ago, and I think she gives the best full body hugs. It is like taking a bath in warm affectionate energy.

NeoStarFire
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Here is a little more info that I've dug up:

A fox (kitsune) that lives for 1000 years becomes a tenko. They are able to see a thousand ri ahead. They have nine tails unlike the lower-ranked existences, the yako (fox), the kiko (fox) and the kūko (fox).

Tenko are of the highest rank of foxes in the Edo period, and in the essays "Zen'an Zuihitsu (善庵随筆?)" and "Hokusō Sadan (北窓瑣談?)," the foxes are ranked in the order of tenko, kūko, kiko, and then yako.

A kitsune gains another tail every hundred years after it's first hundred years of life (a four-tailed kitsune is at least 400 years old). Though, the kitsune doesn't just grow a tail on it's 9th birthday. It's simply a marker for it's usual spiritual growth rate. The more tails a kitsune has, the more powerful and higher ranked it is. Use the idea that a kitsune with three tails is twice as strong as one with two, and a one with four tails is twice as strong as one with three, etc. The highest number of tails a kitsune can have is nine (this can vary depending on who you ask).

Kitsune are technically immortal, but can be killed and can only maintain a physical form for 1000 years at the most. If a kitsune dies, it simply remains on the astral plane until it has the energy to reincarnate. If a kitsune achieves the prestigious rank of a nine-tailed kitsune, and grows spiritually enough through the course of its life, it could become a celestial kitsune (Tenko) and join the heavenly courts.

Are there different kinds of kitsune?
Yes, many. These are just some:
myobu- These are the kitsune who follow Inari, considered good foxes.
nogistune- These are the wild kitsune that do not follow Inari. These are considered to be 'bad' kitsune, though they are not really evil, rather just more unruly and mischievous than most.
tenko- Nine-tailed kitsune who have reached the age of 1000. They are sometimes known as celestial kitsune and usually have white, silver, or gold fur. At this age, the kitsune is usually considered to be either very evil or very benevolent, and is rarely anything in between.

This info is paraphrased from: http://foxtails.comicgenesis.com/kitsuneinfo.html

The writer gathered this info for their comic so take it with a grain of salt, but from what research I've done, it is pretty accurate and pulls from multiple sources.

Mine smiles and says she doesn't know, and shrugs her shoulders, so I wanted to see what your thoughts were.

Return to “Dark Arts”