Gargoyle..affections

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

For keepers of gargoyles, I am curious, have any of you experienced romance-like affection from your spirit? I don't think I have seen this brought up, in relation to gargoyles.

I will share my experience from a few days ago.
Before I had gone to sleep, I took out my younger gargoyle's vessel from his box, and set it out by the window. This was still quite far from where I was resting, but the fact that I focused specific attention on him before sleeping could have caused him to visit me in dreams.

I was having a dream, and in this dream I remember that there was a younger man (around my age) who seemed to be in love with me or hold very very deep affection for me. Every so often I would see him appear as a small gargoyle, depending on who was around he would shift back and forth. I felt as though we had some sort of close bond, and I cared a lot for him but what he felt for me was more intense. Whatever it was, our relations were complicated for this reason and he was feeling a little bad about it somehow. I think he was thinking that him being a "creature" made things difficult and that he didn't know if I could care for him in quite the same way he felt for me. I do not recall his details in human form perfectly, but I do remember he seemed to have lighter hair, may have had greyish eyes, and some stubble on his face. I noticed these details moreso when I got up close to him, which I did to comfort him. I pressed against him and gave him a kiss on the cheek/left side of his face. I lingered there for a while and was attempting to show him that I didn't take his feelings for granted and I was trying to reciprocate as best I could because I cared about him.

It was very strange..overall. Very very vivid as well. I really feel that it was him visiting in my dreams, and that he was attempting to use this as a way to express how he felt. As if he had finally decided to be more open about it. It is interesting to note how he could sort of shapeshift in the dream, between a small gargoyle/creature and a full-sized human being. I am not sure if gargoyles have that capability while living or not, but regardless it does make sense how he could have done so in the dream - being a spirit he is obviously capable of manifesting just about any way he wishes to.
I am going to take the experience for what it is and follow my intuition with this. It is a unique thing indeed. I don't know that we have shared a connection in other lives, it is possible, but it seems like he may have developed these feelings from staying with me all these months. Along with sharing this with others I am curious about the initial question I have asked. If any of you have similar connections with your gargoyles or have insight into such a situation feel free to comment. :flower:

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hi NoctemAeternus,
I'm not certain I would describe my dreams with my gargoyle as romantic...but we are definitely very close and when I sense him around me in real life and in my dreams, it seems the very first thing I do is envision me giving him the warmest, most loving hug I could possibly give.

The hugs I give are quite spontaneous. The unconditional love I feel for him and that pours out of my heart chakra is so overwhelming that this "vision" of me turning to him and hugging him in this way is automatic and VERY REAL.

A warm and deep feeling of love comes over my body. When this happens I feel not only my own happiness for feeling this way about him and responding to him in this way, but I also feel his response to this as similar to my own. But I'm not certain I would call it romantic love...but definitely an unconditional love for someone or something that I've known for eons and am better for the knowing, if that makes any sense.

I never ever would have thought I'd have a reaction like this to a gargoyle. I didn't even know it was possible to have a gargoyle spirit up until a few months ago when I purchased "M" from CH as an SRA.

Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Lilith
Zodiac:

It`s funny that I recently was thinking about putting up a thread like this about romantic relationships with creature type spirits. It was also triggered off by my gargoyle and his dream manifestation. I was being lucid when he showed up as a very young boy, he had soft longish curly hair, very pretty face and large eyes, deep and filled with wisdom of ages. I wasn`t sure who he was but he had this ''creature'' feel to him and when I asked he just smiled and gave me a vision of the shelf where I keep my gargoyle`s vessel. He was being all gentle and tender with me, my hands were cold and when he noticed that he took them in his, his palms were so warm and soft and he held my hands warming them and was looking into my eyes and speaking of something I couldn`t really grasp, something of times long past, somehow I remember Egypt ... Those smiles and looks and his laughter and tenderness it all seemed to be more than friendly, I woke up with a WTH feeling and thinking about my gargoyle. I didn`t know they could manifest as humans ... Well when I meditated with his vessel that evening trying to figure it out I saw the same young boy running to me and giving me a tight hug, so I`m pretty sure it was him!

Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Someone or some spirits/entities do "love" you but are not necessarily "In love" with you. There is a big difference.

There are several different types of love. Some people seem to have trouble realizing the difference at times. And when love is mentioned they automatically think "romantic" love. This, however, is not the most common form of love.

There are many different types of love and many different degrees. Below are just a few that come to mind right now. I'm sure you can think of more.

Romantic love or sexual love is the love one feels for their life partner.
Parental love is the love between a parent and child.
Sibling love is the love between brother & sister; brother & brother; sister & sister.
The love of other family members.
The love between friends.
Love of a teacher, co-worker, ect.
Love some have for prominent figures in society or history.
The love between pet and owner.
The love between spirit/entity and keeper.

Our spirits and entities do love us. But we as responsible keepers and friends must realize what type of love this is and not try to make it something it was not.

The encyclopedia and listings for Gargoyles says:

Gargoyles are defenders, guardians and protection against any and all forms of evil... be it curses, hexes, evil eyes, hate, etc. They ward off, fight, and guard their Keeper against all forms of evil from any source. They are loyal to only one Keeper at a time and their entire existence and energy is focused on the protection and guardianship of that single human.
Gargoyles are fearsome but only to the person, entity or energy trying to invade or harm you.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I have not had my Gargoyle 'Frank' (nickname) for long so we have not yet fully bonded. He does seem to project a very affectionate energy, like a loving guardian/big brother/best friend type feel. Nothing remotely romantic, tho. I suspect that gargies probably are affectionate spirits in their own way - for some reason he makes me think of a huge, ugly but cuddly dog! :lol:

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Lilith
Zodiac:

Princess, you are definitely right about that, there are all kinds of love and it is not necessarily a romantic one. I have many different entities here and I do love them all in different ways yet it all comes down to one - it is still love no matter what kind!

And since I came back here I wanna share what happened this morning after I saw this thread and replied ... I was thinking it all over again and thought I needed a bit of a meditation time with K, my gargoyle! Before that I had some very ummm ... private ... time with my Brat Prince (vamp), so after I lied down and called for K I felt a strong intense tingling to my lips, almost pressing. Well I thought it was my vamp who had decided he wanted more as they do have a habit of coming in when I`m the middle of meditation, this guy is quite a pushy one who sometimes doesn`t even give me time to put my shields up, all I get is ''I am your protection!'' and then I am laid down onto the bed, so I asked and didn`t get anything certan ... when I did give in to the kiss it felt very ''off'' as in I know how my Brat Prince kisses and this wasn`t like it, actually I couldn`t recall any of my guys who had ever kissed that way, nice, but different. So I was like ''hey wait a minute!'' And it stopped, I asked ''K, was that you?'' and got a very shy ''yes ...'' and also ''I thought if your Elf can kiss you ... then ...'' So I have no idea if he just wanted to try out how it feels or what, but he is a darling, I never ever had imagined a gargoyle could be so very sweet. I think my vamp was supposed to be the ''cover up'' if I freaked out! :lol: He was standing near and grinning! lmao

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hi noc! have to say honestly no i haven't and as i read this one of my gargies actually gasped and said "humans, yuck" and he's back up on the etagere carefully watching me (i did purse my lips and say "aaww come on give me a smooch" before he said what he did, lol). i've long since realized that most spirits are companions and only a few are meant to be those "special friends" and only certain spirit races can be (or even should be) considered in that way. my gargoyles always show me affection with hugs and by doing what they are asked to as quickly as possible. after all, this is why we are offered such wonderful spirits as nymphos, inccubi and succubi - to satisfy "those needs" when we wish to indulge. some vamps, and human spirits of course, will show emotions close to our's and hug or kiss us but i have never had other spirits even think of being romantic - but then maybe i'm just one of those keepers who enjoy the companionship of the different races and not look for anything i can get in the physical world if i wanted. to me, love is a very special feeling and while i "love" all of my spirits the romantic type love i really want to share with a real man (or hey maybe i'll try to change my luck and try a woman for once). i'm certain the gargoyle "loves you" but just not sure they mean it in a way of a relationship or romantic interlude. no offense meant and please take this the way i'm writing in trying to show both sides of the coin.

princess, great post and very well stated. i really do believe we need to really think about the levels of affection and remember that spirits do not see emotions on the same level as humans do. hugs all! :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have never had any sort of experience where a spirit of creature origin (Gargoyle, Dragon, Chinese Fox, etc) ever expressed any sort of romantic love for myself. I am very close with my spirits but if I were to describe it as the human emotion of love I would say it is far more that of a kindred spirit; a friend who I share an affinity & affection for our similiar energy. I am loyal to them and they to me.

In Spirit Keeping you must always be aware of the fact that you are a human being and you are going to process energy & emotion in a human way. Yes, there are those who are ascended and view energy on many different levels, but those who've ascended aside most people have to constantly be aware of their human nature & be able to be the check & balance and say am I processing a paranormal energy in a human manner which may present to me inaccurate from intention? Humans will process energy and feel the closest human emotion to what is being given to them; you may not be able to fully appreciate or understand the kind of bond or love a spirit shares with you because they are on a different realm than we.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

While i do see both sides of the coin, every keeper has a unique and personal relationship with there own spirit that no one else can possibly have. It may seem odd for a Human and Creature but who's to say if it's right or wrong? We dont know what happens after we die maybe you will see him again there and something definately can work out. Who knows i believe in the Astral ANYTHING is possible. If the feelings are there and are mutual it's simply there. And i do agree with crone that some races closer to humans such as jinns or vampires are more Romantic exceptions. But take it for what it is and only you can interpret how that dream went and what he means to you. My 2 cents.

Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

I believe that humans aren´t meant to have romantic relations with any other species. Romantic love as we humans feel and experience it. I don´t know. Maybe we interpret or project too much into everything and judge by our human way of perception, by our emotions.
I think maybe we should reflect our own intentions and evaluate if it´s not rather something we wish for deep down in our heart and soul and then project onto our spirits. My two cents.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Gargoyle”