If you are an Intelligent Christian

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Ikabard wrote: Do not preach your views and claim others are wrong, because you will always be met with atheists and such trying to prove you wrong.
You know something, on this forum, I'm glad to be able to say that the Atheists I know of don't actually feel the need to do this at all.

I think it's a small percentage of Atheists who act like this, that unfortunately give them a negative reputation for always wanting to debate the Christian belief system because they are so aggressively vocal about it on the internet (talking outside of the forum).

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

That is true, but then again you always find them sort of threads go off into an extremely negative way because anytime, religious or not, that someone claims they know better than everyone else.. and that everyone else is wrong or such, they will always be met with witty feedback and it just tends to spiral from there. So lets just hope everyone gets along! :)

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

Ikabard wrote:That is true, but then again you always find them sort of threads go off into an extremely negative way because anytime, religious or not, that someone claims they know better than everyone else.. and that everyone else is wrong or such, they will always be met with witty feedback and it just tends to spiral from there. So lets just hope everyone gets along! :)
Agreed!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:
You know something, on this forum, I'm glad to be able to say that the Atheists I know of don't actually feel the need to do this at all.

I think it's a small percentage of Atheists who act like this, that unfortunately give them a negative reputation for always wanting to debate the Christian belief system because they are so aggressively vocal about it on the internet (talking outside of the forum).
the reason for this is because when someone states "i'm christian" people go "oh that's nice" or "good for you". when someone who is atheist states "i'm atheist" (just quietly like i've done) they're questioned harshly. so after a while they feel the need to go on the defense because of how many times they are attacked for not believing in a higher power.

story time kiddies: recently on fb i took a "what religion are you 'suppose' to be" and i got....atheist (which i am so no big shocker there). i actually had two people whom i thought i was friends with de-friend me. wtf? because i don't believe in a god? not once have i put anything hateful, derogatory, or a joke that was making fun of someone else's belief. so i asked them. one just now ignores me and the other one asked how long would it be before i started making fun of their belief. 8h that's just not me.

my one aunt and her daughter are catholic and have put derogatory jokes on fb making atheist out to be the bad guy or incompetent....so after the 15th i had to know....so i asked "why is it that you feel the need to make fun of my lack of belief when i've not once made a snide comment or a joke that was in bad taste about christians?" my aunt commented that she was a good person and that she would end up in heaven. :T i was kind of confused with her response as i hadn't asked her where she would end up at, just why did she need to feel justification for being christian by making fun of someone who had a different belief system. she never did answer the question....but she did stop posting insulting jokes about atheist. (i wasn't insulted just curious as to why she just simply couldn't state "i'm proud to be christian" without insulting any belief/lack of belief).

i believe in what i believe in....just as you believe in what ever your belief is....and you know what? its ok. it doesn't change the fact that we're both still humans and that we should just be respectful and courteous, no matter what someone does or doesn't believe in.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Bunni wrote:Personally, I tire of seeing the argument that seems most commonly between Atheists and Christians - whether or not a God really exists. With that said, let me say that I've had great conversations with both Christians, and Atheists.

I don't believe that needs to be debated.. a God exists for those who choose to believe in that paradigm, and does not exist for those that hold their torch to Atheism. One side is not "wrong" or "more right" than the other. You create your own path, your own journey, and your own destiny and fate with the set of beliefs you build for yourself which is no less of a Truth than the next person's unique beliefs. They just don't always count outside of yourself, and they're not going to hold the same value to everyone else around you, and that is what should be respected instead of challenged. We're all different, and having varying belief systems creates the colourful and diverse world we have today.. I love the fact that we have diversity, it's a beautiful thing, it is just unfortunately put under strain far too much so by those who feel the need to shove their beliefs on to others.

Ultimately what really matters, is finding the beliefs that match who you are, the best, without comparing them to other's belief systems. People need to stop comparing beliefs, and instead, celebrate the differences. There are so many "truths" and each is subjective and dependent on you as an individual, but all are valid and worth while as long as they mean something to you personally.
Ikabard wrote: Cai actually quoted something very nice the other day: "To me its quite simple: Anyone who reaches towards Compassion, Wisdom, and Power - as a full unity - in their own lives is doing the right thing."
I totally agree with this.

People who are so busy trying to prove their beliefs are "more right" or "of more value" than others, need to quieten down and start practicing more compassion. If you have consideration for the next person, you won't be so driven to try and discredit their beliefs.
I haven't read the entirety of this thread yet but I gotta say, I LOVE this post. :thumbup:
Kind of the whole -- if you aren't being harmed by someone else's beliefs (actions are another thing sometimes), then don't worry yourself about them.

I'm a pagan witch myself, but my boyfriend's an agnostic/atheist (it changes day-to-day) and at one point our roommate was a hardcore christian whose family owned one of the biggest USA churches. While the christian was uncomfortable with me inviting spirits around, he never said a word to my face (other than when we first moved in and he threatened that if a single spirit he didn't like came into the house, he would exorcise it faster than I could say 'holy water', lol)... and my boyfriend, even during his atheist phases, supports me and brags to his friends that he's marrying a witch.... lol. And I am respectful to their beliefs as well -- I never did any spells in the 'common area' of the apartment I shared with the christian, and I've gone to church with my boyfriend and one of his coworkers once to make a good impression.

Anyone can be a good person, no matter what or who they believe is controlling their life C:

TheStudent
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Norse Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Courtwind Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Anwaz
Zodiac:

Frankly, I find this ridiculous. However, I don't find his reasoning ridiculous, I find the reason why he came up with said reasoning fundamentally corrupt. According to this man, in order to justify people believing in God we have to make up random rationalizations, and in judging by what he says these are, they're entirely derogatory to what said people believe. Perhaps, I could find some merit in this if he actually didn't go on to make yet more rationalizations of why HE was right and Christians are WRONG. Showing nothing but biased hypocrisy. But even this isn't at the root of my disgust. Rather, its the fact that this video is yet another example of the egotistical conceited nature of the human race, whom are only concerned about what they believe. And for some reason feel a need to deride from others beliefs, just as strongly as they feel the need to convince themselves.

Furthermore, I find myself with even more of a bad taste in my mouth, because I've stooped to his level. By even believing I'm at a higher level than him in the first place. When we live in a world like this, with videos like this. We all suffer for it, when will I, when will any of us, step off of our pedestals, or from behind our hardhearted uncaring guise, and trade it for something better? I can't even claim to know what this "better way" is, without embodying that which I just cursed, the fact is, its gotten so bad that normal people like me don't even know what the better way is. OK.... I'm sure none of this made any sense, or at least very little of it.... So, I'm going to go ahead and turn this rant OFF. Sorry if I made your head hurt with my illogical reasoning. Have a good Saturday Creepy Crew.

Some say humans fear what they don't know, my greatest fear however is that which I can't know.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

silversamhain wrote:
Bunni wrote:Personally, I tire of seeing the argument that seems most commonly between Atheists and Christians - whether or not a God really exists. With that said, let me say that I've had great conversations with both Christians, and Atheists.

I don't believe that needs to be debated.. a God exists for those who choose to believe in that paradigm, and does not exist for those that hold their torch to Atheism. One side is not "wrong" or "more right" than the other. You create your own path, your own journey, and your own destiny and fate with the set of beliefs you build for yourself which is no less of a Truth than the next person's unique beliefs. They just don't always count outside of yourself, and they're not going to hold the same value to everyone else around you, and that is what should be respected instead of challenged. We're all different, and having varying belief systems creates the colourful and diverse world we have today.. I love the fact that we have diversity, it's a beautiful thing, it is just unfortunately put under strain far too much so by those who feel the need to shove their beliefs on to others.

Ultimately what really matters, is finding the beliefs that match who you are, the best, without comparing them to other's belief systems. People need to stop comparing beliefs, and instead, celebrate the differences. There are so many "truths" and each is subjective and dependent on you as an individual, but all are valid and worth while as long as they mean something to you personally.
Ikabard wrote: Cai actually quoted something very nice the other day: "To me its quite simple: Anyone who reaches towards Compassion, Wisdom, and Power - as a full unity - in their own lives is doing the right thing."

People who are so busy trying to prove their beliefs are "more right" or "of more value" than others, need to quieten down and start practicing more compassion. If you have consideration for the next person, you won't be so driven to try and discredit their beliefs.
I haven't read the entirety of this thread yet but I gotta say, I LOVE this post. :thumbup:
Kind of the whole -- if you aren't being harmed by someone else's beliefs (actions are another thing sometimes), then don't worry yourself about them.

I'm a pagan witch myself, but my boyfriend's an agnostic/atheist (it changes day-to-day) and at one point our roommate was a hardcore christian whose family owned one of the biggest USA churches. While the christian was uncomfortable with me inviting spirits around, he never said a word to my face (other than when we first moved in and he threatened that if a single spirit he didn't like came into the house, he would exorcise it faster than I could say 'holy water', lol)... and my boyfriend, even during his atheist phases, supports me and brags to his friends that he's marrying a witch.... lol. And I am respectful to their beliefs as well -- I never did any spells in the 'common area' of the apartment I shared with the christian, and I've gone to church with my boyfriend and one of his coworkers once to make a good impression.

Anyone can be a good person, no matter what or who they believe is controlling their life C:
Beautiful post here!!!!! It is true, there are good and bad in all people, no matter what they believe in!!!! Personally I feel that sine all of us here in this form all have different beliefs, we should respect that and no should put the other people down or dis-respect them because of what they do believe in, you want to know why.......it is because we are all here for the one thing that we do have in common and that is spirit keeping, which crosses all manner of beliefs!!!!! We want to learn how to be good spirit keepers, and actually the start of that is to respect others feelings and beliefs!!!! 8)|* 8)|* 8)|* 8)|*

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
TheStudent
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Norse Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Courtwind Angel
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Anwaz
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:
silversamhain wrote:

Beautiful post here!!!!! It is true, there are good and bad in all people, no matter what they believe in!!!! Personally I feel that sine all of us here in this form all have different beliefs, we should respect that and no should put the other people down or dis-respect them because of what they do believe in, you want to know why.......it is because we are all here for the one thing that we do have in common and that is spirit keeping, which crosses all manner of beliefs!!!!! We want to learn how to be good spirit keepers, and actually the start of that is to respect others feelings and beliefs!!!! 8)|* 8)|* 8)|* 8)|*

starfire ::dragons::
Exactly why can't we all just hug each other, without feeling weird about it. :P. Joking aside, I really like your viewpoint/summary, and do agree with it. :thumbup:

Some say humans fear what they don't know, my greatest fear however is that which I can't know.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

Dark Abyss wrote:
Bunni wrote:

the reason for this is because when someone states "i'm christian" people go "oh that's nice" or "good for you". when someone who is atheist states "i'm atheist" (just quietly like i've done) they're questioned harshly. so after a while they feel the need to go on the defense because of how many times they are attacked for not believing in a higher power.

story time kiddies: recently on fb i took a "what religion are you 'suppose' to be" and i got....atheist (which i am so no big shocker there). i actually had two people whom i thought i was friends with de-friend me. wtf? because i don't believe in a god? not once have i put anything hateful, derogatory, or a joke that was making fun of someone else's belief. so i asked them. one just now ignores me and the other one asked how long would it be before i started making fun of their belief. 8h that's just not me.

my one aunt and her daughter are catholic and have put derogatory jokes on fb making atheist out to be the bad guy or incompetent....so after the 15th i had to know....so i asked "why is it that you feel the need to make fun of my lack of belief when i've not once made a snide comment or a joke that was in bad taste about christians?" my aunt commented that she was a good person and that she would end up in heaven. :T i was kind of confused with her response as i hadn't asked her where she would end up at, just why did she need to feel justification for being christian by making fun of someone who had a different belief system. she never did answer the question....but she did stop posting insulting jokes about atheist. (i wasn't insulted just curious as to why she just simply couldn't state "i'm proud to be christian" without insulting any belief/lack of belief).

i believe in what i believe in....just as you believe in what ever your belief is....and you know what? its ok. it doesn't change the fact that we're both still humans and that we should just be respectful and courteous, no matter what someone does or doesn't believe in.
Man, that sucks Dark. I agree it also comes from some Christians, and the bottom line is just like you said, "we're both still humans and that we should just be respectful and courteous, no matter what someone does or doesn't believe in."

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive