Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

i think that there is a very do-able way to explore both the questions and the answers on this video. It simply requires reading several books as well as reading "outline studies" (like Cliffs Notes, etc). These titles are:

The Bhagavad Gita - trans by Annie Besant or Christopher Isherwood

The Republic by Plato, translated by Allan Bloom

The Advadhoot (or Abvadhut) Gita of Dattatreya (or Datatreya) - any english translation

The Divine Horseman by Maya Deren

The Marriage of Heaven & Hell by William Blake

The Book of Urizen by William Blake

Hadewijch - The Complete Works

The Cloud of Unknowing - trans by William Johnston

Ibn Al’ Arabi: The Bezels of Wisdom

The Satyricon by Petronius Arbiter

The Gutters of Heaven by Jean Genet

Marguerite Porete: The Mirror of Simple Souls

Quaker Spirituality: Selected Writings
edited and introduced by Douglas V. Steere; preface by Douglas V. Steere and Elizabeth Gray Vining

The Books of Carlos Castaneda

Konx Om Pax - Aleister Crowley

The Vision by Tom Brown

Thrice Greatest Hermes - translated by G.R.S.Mead

Oh Gee, that's a lot of reading. Well there is no mommy & daddy figure to give any of us a legitimately quick answer. If we ask difficult questions, we have to do some actual work to get the answers. This reading list will give a 1 year time-line to what otherwise might take up to several lifetimes. 2 dozen books or 50 - 200 years? I now I am being a wise guy, but I am telling the truth.....

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

There is no doubt that god really exists, but... I really do sometimes think why god isn't helping out.

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

He was starting to sound intelligent until he got to the end saying if god is imaginary therefore all his 10 question makes sense.

Rather, if he were just to say the bible was a peice of fiction I would be incline to give him credit.

The whole pagan ritual comment was really idiotic.

It's like this, I've created stuff. I exist. Though i can't attend to all my creations needs. If something breaks and I can't fix it...I still exist. At the rate of 6 billion people on this earth I really can't fix everyone's problem. Does it mean i don't exist because all my whoa-is-me creation is whining I "let" bad things happen to them? No I still exist.

Is he watching over me? No. But his people are. Why is it that two fish that lives in an enclose ball of water with a stick of algae can regenerate itself. It lives eats, mates, borns, dies. Lives, eats, borns, dies. It quite frankly is a perfect design...if you look at the big picture, but if you start going down to each individual fish soul, that's where it gets complicated. Who designed that? This universe is made to be self sustained in regards to the group of species rather than the individual.

Humans are complicated and quite ego centric as if the world revolves around them and their pain. It doesn't. We need to get over that. We live, eat, mate, born and die and then comeback as a different person. All souls are from one source. Everything we do in between is what gives us meaning and purpose. Without the in between our life would be really short. We wouldn't get to live to a hundred years.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Ayn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: A god
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: ???

God exists but its just that our imperfect minds cannot possibly comprehend his perfection. The video made slight sense until he started calling god imaginary. And certain things in his theory have been proven invalid first of all the very science he supported has proved that a human being can survive inside of a whale for days on end and the only thing the whales acid would do is lighten the skin pigmentation on the victim. Secondly scientists have found ancient traces of water on mount everest and other mountains indicating they had been flooded. And I am pretty sure the bible didn't say the world was six thousand years old. it can't because the bible says there were times when humans lived to the age of around 900 and if there were generations of humans then mathematically it wouldn't add up. And of course the bible was written by men, god is a perfect mix between laissez-faire and demanding. Sorry for the rant but I can understand what god's going through people treateing you bad just because they don't understand you.

Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

The video in itself I got bored of after around a minute, because that idiot is using ridiculous things to combat some of the things in christianity, such as why cant god heal an amputee thus he must not be real, is absolutely ridiculous.

Personally I choose to follow no religion I enjoy my own self beliefs, I find some things in ANY religion to be completely stupid at times, I mean you have to look at the original source, most of the books are written in times people probably didn't know the earth was actually round, so we can't actually follow the Bible or any religious context to perfection because it will always have flaws because of the mentality of people back in them times, which isn't me saying its a load of waste, im just saying some of the stuff written is probably completely out of context to what we know in the current year so some of the stuff you can't open up a Bible and believe it word for word as it would be similar to listening to modern day 10 years olds recollection of a story because they don't know quite as much as we do in this modern day.

Cai actually quoted something very nice the other day: "To me its quite simple: Anyone who reaches towards Compassion, Wisdom, and Power - as a full unity - in their own lives is doing the right thing."

And I found that exactly what I believe, I believe in gods, so im not saying I disbelieve religions, im just saying that we as humans cant follow a silly book to perfection. And that the main point of ANY religion should be how it teaches exactly what cai wrote, Compassion, Wisdom, respect and other things.

In the last response I found it a rather contradictory to be honest, how can you say: "God exists but its just that our imperfect minds cannot possibly comprehend his perfection." When the bible was written by humans? you really can't have it both ways with that statement as then your saying the people writing the bible truly doesn't know what they are talking about.

Religion is always going to be a touchy subject, and the only thing im going to say is, everyones entitled to their beliefs and opinions, I sometimes read things where I look them other and think, Woah that person has some messed up views and seems to be clouded by their religion but I choose not to say anything. Why? Because even without a god I look upto, I am respectful, wise (debatable), I know how to treat my neighbour like I would want to be treated, and that is even without a god. Which you actually find a lot less christians following when funnily enough that is supposed to be the fundamental rules of their religion.

So talking about a religion is all good, but really statements questioning religions should be left out of it. And that also goes with people going "Look im a christian and this is the proof that yous are all wrong", when people post them sort of comments they tend to get a backlash... as realistically every religion has flaws from their Holy book, so people should embrace their religion without feeling the need to Brag, Question, or Prove.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

Personally, I tire of seeing the argument that seems most commonly between Atheists and Christians - whether or not a God really exists. With that said, let me say that I've had great conversations with both Christians, and Atheists.

I don't believe that needs to be debated.. a God exists for those who choose to believe in that paradigm, and does not exist for those that hold their torch to Atheism. One side is not "wrong" or "more right" than the other. You create your own path, your own journey, and your own destiny and fate with the set of beliefs you build for yourself which is no less of a Truth than the next person's unique beliefs. They just don't always count outside of yourself, and they're not going to hold the same value to everyone else around you, and that is what should be respected instead of challenged. We're all different, and having varying belief systems creates the colourful and diverse world we have today.. I love the fact that we have diversity, it's a beautiful thing, it is just unfortunately put under strain far too much so by those who feel the need to shove their beliefs on to others.

Ultimately what really matters, is finding the beliefs that match who you are, the best, without comparing them to other's belief systems. People need to stop comparing beliefs, and instead, celebrate the differences. There are so many "truths" and each is subjective and dependent on you as an individual, but all are valid and worth while as long as they mean something to you personally.
Ikabard wrote: Cai actually quoted something very nice the other day: "To me its quite simple: Anyone who reaches towards Compassion, Wisdom, and Power - as a full unity - in their own lives is doing the right thing."
I totally agree with this.

People who are so busy trying to prove their beliefs are "more right" or "of more value" than others, need to quieten down and start practicing more compassion. If you have consideration for the next person, you won't be so driven to try and discredit their beliefs.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

To add..

I feel it is actually crippling, to close oneself off to other beliefs. One can learn a great deal from all types of belief systems, if they are open enough to it. Especially the ones they feel they particularly don't resonate with. It merely takes a humble head, a desire to learn, and a compassionate disposition.

Man kind can't evolve if they remain closed to other people's view points and beliefs, especially if they are only focused on proving who is "right" and who is "wrong" when it comes to religion.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
Ikabard
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ikabard
Zodiac:

The thing with religion is its always going to be the same on the forum:

Do not preach your views and claim others are wrong, because you will always be met with atheists and such trying to prove you wrong.

Do not Claim another religion is false, because you will always be met with people trying to prove you its true.

And there is no end to it, because no one has answers, religion is supposed to be a part of you, it isn't meant to be flaunted, proven, or anything, thats why in most religious texts it says Do not try and convert etc, as religion is supposed to be your link to your god, guiding you in life :).

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member

Ikabard wrote: And there is no end to it, because no one has answers, religion is supposed to be a part of you, it isn't meant to be flaunted, proven, or anything
Exactly!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”