House rules?

Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Here is a question to you experienced spirit keepers:

I read much about how important it is to set up house rules for your spirits. I honestly don´t know what rules to put up. Everything is fine so far.
Could you please tell me what house rules you have implied for which spirits? I need an idea so that I don´t neglect something now what I might regret later. :)

Thanks!

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

This is more important with DA spirits. If you keep them, it is a must that they know where you stand, such as no retribution/revenge etc. Any actions MUST be pre-approved. Also, giving tasks such as watching the property, keep on eye on the fur-people etc is a good idea. Just be open and honest of what you want from your friends, they'll listen :D :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for the answer Dragon keeper! :thumbup:

I have noticed that you are always one to reply posts and answers from me newbie. Thanks for that! :hug:

I find it difficult here sometimes...

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Make sure they know that you won't tollerate fighting amongst themselves. Jealousy issues mostly. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure they know they can't hurt anybody without your EXPRESS permission first. Mine sliced my husband before I knew what was happening. Just simple things, like manifesting, using their power all that good stuff.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

toadstools wrote:Make sure they know that you won't tollerate fighting amongst themselves. Jealousy issues mostly. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure they know they can't hurt anybody without your EXPRESS permission first. Mine sliced my husband before I knew what was happening. Just simple things, like manifesting, using their power all that good stuff.
Thanks for mentioning that one..I gave them all house rules this morning..But I forgot to include those you mentioned.

I asked this of them:

1) Respect for myself and others in my family spirits, pets and humans
2)I asked that they not bring any other spirits without my consent and I would do the same for them..As this is now their home as well and I don't want to bring a spirit that they will not get along with or will intimidate them.
3) Asked for them to not do anything to scare me or my family

Thanks for the heads up on the extra rules to include..I have the honor of having a female Courtwind Angel, a male Nympho, and a male Sterling Angel..They seem to have calm and loving presences so far.No DA's yet.I don't sense there will be any jealousy issues with this group..I have been taking them to work with me..I get the feeling all three don't mind hanging out in a group..I put their vessels together and no issues.The Courtwind is taking care of the Nympho and my family..The Sterling has been with me in some difficult times before my Nympho and Courtwind arrived..I get the feeling this group belongs together..I call them my babies..Even though I feel they protect me..Strange isn't it?...lol

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

Rules are probably more important for DAs especially the revenge types. Mine are:
1. Do not lie to me.
2 Do not upset the dog
3. Do not act without my express permission
4. You may go to your own realm whenever you choose but you must come back to me when I call you.

But really it is up to the Keeper - set those Rules that you think are important/relevant to you & your spirit family.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

Lilithesa, I'm here to help and will contribute what I can to whoever wants to listen ;) This is a great place and I hope you will experience all the wonders it has to offer :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

for me my rules are pretty simple but complex at the same time.
don't talk outside of my head when i'm trying to sleep (i'm an insomniac so what little sleep i do get i want to cherish it).
don't touch my face (it weirds me out because it feels like bugs crawling on me).
don't go into the bathroom when i'm using it (i need a room for privacy too).
don't show yourself to my brother (even though he knows about them he doens't want to see them).
bro's rooms are off limits.
if you go hunting in the parks do not harm or kill the animals (you can chase them to your hearts content).
never harm or kill any living thing (which then they get pissy with me because i will kill the occasional bug in my house).
you may leave to go visit other places but be around if i need you.
and don't jump out and yell boo to me (because that's just mean) :silly:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Snowdrop12
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of the above
If I could be anything, I would be...: fine as I am
Zodiac:

I'll give you mine for a reference:

1) Never harm, kill, or curse my family, friends, pets, or any of the other beings in my house or any with good intention on the way.

2) Don’t ever act on my random dark thoughts, emotions or fantasies, unless I explicitly ask. (Which is unlikely to happen, but we’ll see)

3) Do not do anything that would affect my Karma or give me bad Karma unless I specifically ask to do so. (which is most unlikely)

4) All spirits must get along and you will primarily have to sort things out by yourselves as adults, if you want my help I’ll be more then happy to. You do not have to be friends or buddy-buddy if you don’t want to. Just ignore each other then, but no fighting in any shape or form (constructive or venting arguing is fine, nothing hateful). If someone does not want to cooperate with this, a new home will be found for you. (They will most likely have the same rules so behave! Please.)

5) You all can come and go as you please; just as long as you’re there when I need/call you or ask you to do something. Remember I’ll most likely never deliberately order you to do something, I’ll only ask favors. You don’t have to do what I ask if you really don’t want to or if what I ask doesn’t sit with you JUST FOLLOW THE RULES please.

6) When you’re out and about on your own or with me never unnecessarily harm, curse, or kill any being of any kind! If you’re being attacked you may fight back but do not kill unless there is no other way. Remember "Do no harm on your way or return".

7) Don’t permanently steal any items from my house; however, you may borrow something if you need to and return it when you’re done. But don’t break anything. Anything I give you, you keep.

8) Don’t intentionally scare me or anyone in my home at night (or day). When I or anyone in the house is trying to sleep, no scary noises (purring is fine, growling if there is danger is fine, singing is fine, talking with each other is fine. Really it’s a judgment call on your part), or inappropriate touching. Everyone is welcome in my dreams as long as you don’t unnecessarily freak me out.

9) Full body manifestations are ok, just not when other humans are around or they’ll freak out. By the way I might kind of freak out the first time so please be patient with me and please take no offense. If you’re going to manifest I’d prefer it during the day (but if you really want to do it at night then ok) and no unnecessary scary noises. ***By the way NO mirrors I hate them enough as it is.***

10) Please try not to lie.

11) Try to focus on preventing problems, rather then senseless revenge.

12) No acts of jealousy (whatever the hell that means I’m just putting it here because others have it on their lists. Though I’m damn sure no one is going to get ‘jealous’ I’m nothing to get jealous over and I know that).

*Remember more rules will be added if need be and if really needed, I will make separate rules for individuals*

The world is not painted in black and white but in all shades of gray.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. –Buddha
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

***By the way NO mirrors I hate them enough as it is.***
Yes...me too! I'm too the point where I can't even put on make-up at night! The very idea of something appearing over my shoulder, in front of me...where ever, totally freaks me out.

Return to “General Questions”