active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: all my spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nixie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: My own name is magical enough.
Zodiac:

To revive a previous question: black candles seem impossible to find where I live, and online purchases from overseas take one month on average to get here, not to mention the cost of shipping. Is there any acceptable substitute or workaround?
Thank you.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Lorelei wrote:To revive a previous question: black candles seem impossible to find where I live, and online purchases from overseas take one month on average to get here, not to mention the cost of shipping. Is there any acceptable substitute or workaround?
Thank you.
Stupid ideas from a stupid person: paint them black yourself?
Or try the chaos magick approach and do it all in your head with visualization.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Lorelei
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: all my spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nixie
My magical/paranormal name...: My own name is magical enough.
Zodiac:

Bumping this for anyone who might like to do Ash's Ultimate Protection Ritual this month - tonight's new SUPERMOON (black moon, too - it's the second new moon of January) would be a good time to start!

I have just finished stage 1 of the ritual, and I could really see bright light and crackling electricity building up like a dome around me. I feel a lot lighter now, too, like a weight suddenly left my shoulders.

Thank you, Ash!

I didn't even expect to be able to do it that soon, but the day before yesterday I went to Ikea, and guess what - I found black candles!!! They're more of a charcoal gray, but I think that would work just fine. It's the first time ever when I've found black candles in Ikea. I know it was meant to be!

Devika
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hihi, about black candles, I had the impression they were near impossible to find or bloody expensive too (from what I see online & from the pagan stores I know in my country), until I stepped into one of those Chinese prayer shops - you know, those who sell "hell" money, joss sticks & what not for Chinese who practice ancestral worship. They use black candles too, & you can buy in bulk for CHEAP! I went there for red candles, asked the shopkeeper what other colours she had & black was one of them :D (Was a little bummed though that I'd spent 1/3 the price of the bulk black candles for just TWO black candles of similar size at the pagan store. But ah well, live & learn.)

So maybe head to the chinatown in your country, search for one of those shops & ask. Hope this helps!

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

bump

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Lorelei wrote:To revive a previous question: black candles seem impossible to find where I live, and online purchases from overseas take one month on average to get here, not to mention the cost of shipping. Is there any acceptable substitute or workaround?
Thank you.
I live not far from an arts-and-crafts supply store that has candle-making supplies. Do you have a store like that near you, or else a place where you could order supplies to make candles of your own? That might prove to be easier and faster than seeking out pre-made candles.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Thank you.
Stupid ideas from a stupid person: paint them black yourself?
Or try the chaos magick approach and do it all in your head with visualization.
I'd be careful with paint. Burning painted candles could cause a fire hazard if anything in the paint is flammable. Or it could cause a health hazard if burning the painted candles released toxins into the air.

The chaos magick idea has merit, though, particularly since it's free, non-toxic, and can be embarked on immediately. At the very least, it can be a stopgap solution while searching for either physical candles, or the supplies to create them.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

The big issue with creating your own candles is dying the wax black

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Sophia
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA and DA
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

If I need a black candle I would just turn a white candle upside down and burn it from the bottom. Or if you have time, melt a white candle with a black crayon in a pot over low heat. Take the mixture out of the pot and pore it in a toilet paper roll (Be sure to use wax paper under the toilet paper roll so not to get the wax everywhere). Then insert the wick. Let it harden. Then just peel the toilet paper roll off and wala. A new black candle .

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Sophia wrote:If I need a black candle I would just turn a white candle upside down and burn it from the bottom. Or if you have time, melt a white candle with a black crayon in a pot over low heat. Take the mixture out of the pot and pore it in a toilet paper roll (Be sure to use wax paper under the toilet paper roll so not to get the wax everywhere). Then insert the wick. Let it harden. Then just peel the toilet paper roll off and wala. A new black candle .
Clever idea with the toilet paper roll :thumbup:

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"

Return to “Protection”