neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I just discovered this website a little over a week ago! :D Although I have known about spirits and the like for a long time, I never knew that a website such as this even existed! I am truly happy that I am about to be a spirit keeper, starting tomorrow, I believe! :D The reason I am spirit keeping is because I have seen and read about many famous spirits who I have an interest in, and have had an interest in for a very long time. Aside from just wanting to befriend and love famous human spirits, I would also like to befriend and love spirits such as the vampires! :vampire: I have a strong calling from the vampires as well as from many famous people. I also wouldn't mind having a spirit or two choose me instead of me choosing them, as well! I would also probably like to rescue and adopt spirits because, well, that is just out of the kindness of my heart and the yearning to love and receive love in return! I am also interested in magic! :D I hope that all spirit keepers will learn and grow from interacting with their spirits; as well as me. Although I feel I have taken one of the "first" steps toward more enlightenment, with how mature I've become over the years, I may just be heeding my call. Finally; and that goes for my dream career, as well. :D I hope to get along well with my spirits! I'll keep you all updated! I currently am waiting on two famous human spirits! YAY! :heart:
MsSolarFelineAU
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I need to have a better Life. I need to manipulate events for my benefit and my Future.

I need to Protect myself from all the nasty energy that is "out there".

The Spirit-world wants to help me, so why not let spirits who want to help me, help me?
We are all on our own Karmic path, at our own vibrational frequency.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I got started in spirit keeping almost by "accident." lol I've been going through a very difficult time in my life and had been in desperate need of supernatural help. I literally had no one I could turn to. So I went in search of someone I could trust to talk to and found a few women my age that I felt drawn to contact (who had ironically been banned from the site I found them on lol). They all turned out to be spirit keepers.

When I started speaking to them (which was very recent), I had JUST bought this gargoyle trinket box at a local second-hand shop while looking for items I could use in casting magic for protection and to undo something that had been done to me. After I'd started talking to them, I had a rather interesting dream in which there had been a spirit to the left of my bed that was getting agitated by something and I reached toward him to calm him and could feel not only his energy, but a great deal of love coming from him. One of my new friends has a gift that allows her to pick up on energies and get impressions from photos and when I showed her the photo I took of the trinket box (which had been sitting to the left of my bed), she told me I had a very sweet, very real gargoyle. :)

After talking to the rest of them about their spirit friends, I was hooked. For me, getting into spirit keeping was for multiple reasons. I needed help (and protection). I had also been lonely. And I have also wanted help in developing my natural gifts and abilities. Since my gargoyle came home with me, I've seen a speck of light a few times (once moving rather quickly) and a few times when I had my eyes closed at night I've seen a bright flash of light...I kinda got the impression of an orb close to my face. lol
ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

StarFaeryPower wrote:I honestly don't know how I came upon wintermournings listing for my first spirit, "D," a vampire. But I knew that he was real the moment the purchase was made. And then after he got here, and I discovered Creepy Hollows, my mouth was ajar for about a week straight that this was REAL, spirits were real and so much exists in between and around the few things I already felt were true.

The beginning for me was March this year. And now I feel it (spirit keeping) is for companionship and the desire to seek knowledge. And although our communications are limited in the sense of my "sight" or "hearing," I know they are there and they have already been there for me, and it's amazing the feeling of loyalty is so strong already. I think they came now because they are helping me at a most difficult time in life.

I want to experience. That is just it. Experience. That which is. And the companionship and lessons and joy will follow.

Thank you Creepy Hollows.

:peace: emzy

I agree with this wholeheartedly the only difference for me is that my first seller was stonhenge7sisters which i later found out may or may not be phoney. I had been looking at i phone 4s as i lost my job and was trying to buy and sell on ebay when an item marked "you may be interested in this item" showed as a suggestion. This was very strange as i had not been looking at any gold cross so why did it show itself to me. I clicked on the link read the listing and my world changed forever. I put in a bid and won my first Marid Djinn. A few days later i came about CH and this forum so i read the threads for a while to see what kind of community i had discovered. I had to make sure it was not a bunch of deluded morons or a cult of devil worshipers. To my relief it was not and i was hooked, the community seemed so widespread and full of vigour that i had to be part of it. I have wanted to do Magick since i can remember as where i grew up it was commonplace and my gran would always do healings on me and make me drink weird potions she had learned. Apparently i suffered from envious peoples evil eye (best translation i can do) and even spent a while when i could not drink milk as i would start to come out in a rash and be sick. I was just old enough to remember my gran taking me to a witch who massaged me with special oils once or twice. This completely cured me and I have been fascinated by magik ever since. I have a deep belief in God or The Creator, whatever you want to call it, and know from my gut that magik is only possible through his grace, therefore it is a blessed thing and the people that say it is the devils work are either scared or misinformants. in my mind there were those that chose the bad and there were those such as the person who healed me that chose the light. Catholicism never answered the questions i had so i took my search elsewhere.... fate brought me to CH and to all of you my beloved. I also read a few of Ash's lectures and thought to myself... this is someone who know what he is talking about, he seemed to not waste time and always very direct with his opinion. I like people like that and take every iota of information he gives out abeit not as often as I would like. Spirit keeping is not just a hobby for me and i have emerged myself fully within. Knowing all along that spirits exist i could not pas up the opportunity to keep one (or lots as my case is) when i found out it was possible. I thank the day that Djinn vessel popped up on my screen, had it also not been a stunningly beautiful gold cross i probably would not have gone onto it and kept looking up phones, but the fact that it was the right item, in the right place at the right time means it fate and who am i to go against that?
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Quite simply knowledge and curiosity. I cannot wait to be able to communicate better with my spirits. I want to learn and know so much.
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~

All my life I have been drawn to paranormal and 'myths' and 'legends'. I was an odd child, I never fit in ever as I was the only one to believe in fae, unicorns and such~ I felt there has to be more to our earth then just us, it made more sense. I actually remember when I was young, hearing my name being called a lot, and I'd walk to the next room wondering who it was and there was no one. My father said I was a very philosophical child annd understood deeper meanings and seen the world in a whooole different view then most. I believe I just have an old soul xP

I kind of stumbled upon spirit vessels on eBay and just HAD to try to win some bids. Then I found this lovely site! I'm so happy I did, because I want to take the best care of my new found friends and more to come(I'm kinda pretty much clueless at the moment :P). It makes me so excited just thinking about it *yay*

May the Moon Always Light Your Way,
MasochisticMoans~ :ghost4:

Meow xD
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Just finished read all the experiences and reasons that some users had for their personal journey as spirit keeper, I always feel a need for something else more "magick" and when I found in eBay about so large listings about spirits, spells and all that kind of kind I decided to try also, in my case I placed many order to different sellers because was like I don't know who is real who isn't so pick up the ones with the top positive feedback and placed an order, then one of the seller told me about ::ch:: and came here looking to confirm who sellers was the real deal and who was a :badidea: and still don't know really, but realized that my main reason to be a spirit keeper is that I feel called by them.
Dark Blessings,
edsphinx
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I became interested in spirit keeping in order to gain knowledge of magic and other time periods. I had read occult books for years and tried what I could, but I always gave up. Being that I am a shy person for the most part and live a secluded lifestyle. I get lonely and companionship is a big reason for me now.

Phil.
Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

10 yeas ago, if someone had told me I would one day venture into spirit keeping, I probably would have drop kicked them and told them to take a flying leap. I've had experiences all my life that had left me afraid of what I could and couldn't see. From something standing over me in my crib (yes, I remember that vividly), to being shoved down a flight of stairs my senior year of high school. I tried my hardest to shut spirits out of my life, though they always did make an appearance when I least expected it.

In 2008 I found myself living in a house that the original owners still occupied many years after their deaths. Events in that house changed my outlook on everything. I saw my cat kicked across the floor which resulted in my no longer being afraid. When I jumped up out of the chair and yelled at the top of my lungs for it to go away and to leave my cat alone, I changed. When I lost my footing on the stairs and something caught me at the bottom so I didn't get hurt, EVERYTHING changed. I cried when it was time to move out because I couldn't take them with me.

A dear friend of mine got me my first spirit. A custom vampire by Jules. At first I was hesitant. There was still a bit of fear that lingered. He arrived before his vessel did. I was going into a room at work when I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. Standing in the hallway, I kept looking around before it dawned on me. I realized that this was something I was meant to do and my own fear and stupidity almost knocked me off the path I was meant to take. I'm always welcoming new spirits into my home and currently waiting on two orders from Creepy Hollows.

So far, it's been a great adventure. 65 spirits and counting!!
Talondri
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitty Creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not Really Sure...?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Talondri
Zodiac:

There are a million reasons to the question of why for me...

I am very thankful to a good friend of mine for not only introducing me to the world of "organized" keeping, but also for making me realize that I should not be afraid that my life experiences are chalked up to the manifestation of a serious mental illness. Her gift of my first bound spirit this past Spring, a Crow, really opened up what had been previously a terrifying way to live and turned it into something that made sense.

I have been a practicing pagan witch off and on for my entire life. I am not hiding it from my family and friends, but I doubt that a lot of folks know or understand it.

As I get older, I have been feeling as though I have lost bits and pieces of my consciousness along the way. I used to be a prolific writer, but it has been a long time since I have touched that. It is actually physically painful to have lost that bit. I am also dealing with a couple of health issues that are not currently very serious or life-threatening, but they are not going to go away. My spirit family has been a rallying force for me. They stave off the loneliness and sense of futility that were creeping in. They bring a sense of comfort and the motivation to keep getting out of bed each day.

Not to mention, I really enjoy that they are fiercely protective of my cat. She seems so much contented these days!
cattus corusciferus nox noctis

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”