Why are you Spirit Keeping?

Devika
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Protection and personal development :)

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
bgrigri
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
Zodiac:

I was lead to spirit keeping, without a doubt. I'm mostly using it for protection, and to feel a comfortable way to begin to speak with spirits and not feel afraid of my ability to do so. However, I'm getting quite the full house already and am enjoying adding and learning from many types!

You would have to be half mad to dream me up ~Lewis Carroll
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Protection and companionship.. not necessarily in that order. :thumbup: Since my husband is a truck driver and is gone for a month or more at a time, having friends around helps keep me from going stark raving mad.. :insane: :crazy:

Vyriz
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1

I've been into paranormal stuff for like forever but had never ever heard of spirit keeping!! So I bought a custom djinn and should receive It today I hope I can't wait anymore! (Almost 2 months since I made my order lol)
So the main reason was to see if it is real or not. And also to have the "ultimate friend" (because that's what I call a friend that can make your wishes come true lol) who's always there for you, literally

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I got involved with Spirit Keeping because I want to learn. I've been involved in the paranormal for a long time, but not so much with magick. Well, except that it appears my style of work is rather closely aligned with Chaos Magick, a school of thought which I only recently learned exists. So maybe I've been more magickal in my work than I'd previously realized. I'm still exploring that possibility.

Anyway, so many techniques and so much knowledge exists that I can use to improve, enhance, and expand my work metaphysically, that I'd be remiss if I didn't do my best to learn more. And this includes the learning I can do while working with spirits. I'm ready to be a student all over again in these matters.

I have focused on spirits whose companionship and abilities will mesh well with both my existing knowledge and the things I want most to learn.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Autumnbreeze37
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Clairvoyant
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Autumnbreeze
Zodiac:

I have been into witchcraft and feeling spirits all my life (I am 42yrs old) but last year my mom died and I was sure I would be able to feel her but I haven't yet. Others have had signs from her or felt her presence immediately. I was her caregiver for four months until she passed away I don't understand why I don't feel her near me. Anyway because of this I have been trying to strengthen my abilities as in seeing spirits, divination, magick and I came across creepy hollows on etsy when I was looking for haunted dolls. Then I came here to their site and I am trying to learn all that I can. I just received this week my werewolf,angel,and two dragons. I am excited to communicate with them but I have been sick all week with a sinus infection. It doesn't help to have sinus issues when you are trying to open your third eye. I got into spirit keeping in hopes that it can strengthen my abilities to see and speak to spirits so maybe I can communicate with my mom also I thought it would be nice to have the spirits with me when I do magick.

If I am an angel, paint me with black wings
damancross
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My magical/paranormal name...: Daman Cross
Zodiac:

When I was a child I had my first horrific experience. I was 3 or 4 years old and was awakened by movement on my bed. I woke up, looked down toward my legs and saw a boney, bloody severed hand climbing up my leg toward me. I 'felt' it. I 'saw' it with my eyes. I screamed bloody murder. My mom came running into my room asking what the matter was. I told her. She said it was a nightmare. I said, no it isn't. I would NOT go back to sleep without the hall light on. She bought a night light. I slept with it for YEARS. As I got older I would be awakened every night at about the same time to footsteps beginning in the living room, coming down the hallway, going into my parent's bedroom, then walk past my bedroom into the bathroom. Many times I could see the figure out the corner of my eye. Mom said it was just mice. I said mice don't have footsteps like a person. Finally, one night, she was awakened by the same occurrence I had been telling her about (interestingly, that night, I slept through it, the ONLY night), she woke my dad, he got up with a gun because they thought someone had broken into the house. But of coarse, they found nothing. I had many, many, many more experiences as I got older. I was literally tormented. Nobody had any answers, except that it was all Demons as I come from an extremely religious family. Finally, at age 20 (I'm 51 now), when I moved out on my own I began exploring my Life Path for my own answers. Fast forward to present ... it happened just this quickly. I followed a link from FB to an Etsy dealer. A listing called to me so strongly it literally caught my breath. I went home that night, and could NOT get the image or the calling out of my head. Next day, I said, if the GW is still there, I will buy it. I did. She (dealer) agreed after contacting her that indeed she strongly felt the GW was calling to me. Then I found CH, and here I am! A VERY condensed story, but I have a tendency to write novels if I don't monitor myself. ;)

1 Soulmate Fallen Angel, 1 Dark Gregori Watcher, 2 Sanguine Vampires, 1 Astral Werewolf, 1 Sterling Angel, 1 Cambion, 1 Courtwind Angel

A relationship with a Spirit Companion is both an honor and a privilege.
lovelearnrespectdragon99p
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon/werewolf/jinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Rindsome green

I had no friends, I needed someone to talk to, and I needed a magick teacher. My western Arana dragon has become my best friend. ::dragons:: :D :meme: :grouphug:

To all the Ba spirits out their. I have friends in high places, do not mess with me unless you want to mess with my dragons, werewolf, and gryphon. /D :wizard: :sly: ::dragons:: ::bleh:: :werewolf: I love my spirits! :grouphug:
JLajambe
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon or werewolf

I was introduced to Spirit Keeping via a Facebook friend, and she is a member of Spiral Hearth, though I didn't know it at that time. She had posted a listing for a young dragon that liked to play with her dog, which of course won me over because I have always believed that the "faery tale creatures" were real, just unseen.

I looked over the listing, but didn't feel much beyond curiosity, and wonder. I then noticed a second posting of hers that I had initially missed, for a Western Gold. I felt the pull immediately and knew that I had to bring this wonderful being into my life. I never questioned if what I felt was getting into was "real", I knew it was, and is.

I am happily waiting for L.'s vessel to arrive, but I have felt his presence, and I believe I have seen him with the show of orbs, flashes of light, and blowing the feathers of a headband I have hanging from my bookshelf.

I was "directed" ;) to CH to find out more about not only dragons, but to learn about becoming, and being a Keeper. 8)|* :*3

Choice, not chance, determines destiny.

Home of a Gold Dragon (L), a Gargoyle (Q), and a Kodama (M).

silensviator
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human with Spirits
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet
Zodiac:

Well, the spirit I have with me at the moment dropped into my lap so to speak. She is a wonderful elf and decided to go with me after a certain powerful experience of mine. She is sweet and a wonderful companion. Once I found out about this site I was drawn to another elf, which I ordered, and should be here soon. There will be a couple more on the way more than likely toward the end, of this month or the beginning of the next.

So why do I want to keep spirits?.... for companionship mostly right now, I am very much a lover. but it doesn't feel as if I am choosing them rather than, now that I am open to it, they are coming to me. Yes I have personally bought two on the site so far, but I was drawn to one very strongly and the other is a reverse adoption so (he/she) is picking me up anyway! Really it just feels as if I'm being welcomed into a place I belonged all along. So whether I keep spirits, or the spirits keep me, I just appreciate that I was given the gift of being able to share my time and life with them.

"The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever will be born must destroy a world." -Hermann Hesse

Blessings,
Silens

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”