How do you know a spirit wants to be with someone?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

For a practitioner this occurs when you feel or hear the spirit calling to the person. In a custom conjuration only those who wish to be companion to the person respond. For the Keeper they will know because the spirit bonds with them.

It is important to work with a practitioner or seller you trust & you know has a good reputation in the field of Spirit Conjuration & Spirit Keeping because often it is the discretion of the practitioner to make the decision which spirit goes with which person. An experienced practitioner will make the best decision as their experience will be important in discerning the correct spirit for each Keeper.

As a Keeper when it comes to your decision in choosing a pre-bound spirit you should take into consideration the immediate reaction & gut instincts in reading or seeing the spirit. There is no substitute for the immediate, positive kinship you feel towards a spirit.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sethunya
Zodiac:

What if a person chooses a pre-bound spirit and it doesn't want to go? Have you ever had to turn someone down or offer another spirit? Always been curious about this as I have never had someone say, sorry, he doesn't want to go to you so I assume it is not common but could happen, right?

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

IMO, yes that could happen with a pre-bound. It might know something that the prospective keeper does not which would make the future relationship difficult or unsatisfactory. Or the spirit might feel they can be of better service to someone else. Spirits tend to take a much longer view that we mortals do. I have had vamps available & several people have offered homes for the same one - if the vamp picks person A he is thereby rejecting persons B & C. Usually because "A needs me more."

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Yes, it has happened that someone chose a pre-bound spirit & the spirit didn't agree it was a good match... it has also happened that someone chose a pre-bound spirit and in going to get that vessel another spirit responded to the person more strongly that wasn't available previously, and we've exchanged. That is part of what the "Replacement permission" is in the store. Sometimes another spirit responds.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Oh dear, well I hope that I never become a 'reject'. Being quite sensitive I would probably be :crying: for days!

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

WILDNFREE wrote:What if a person chooses a pre-bound spirit and it doesn't want to go? Have you ever had to turn someone down or offer another spirit? Always been curious about this as I have never had someone say, sorry, he doesn't want to go to you so I assume it is not common but could happen, right?
*cough* This happened to me, actually.

I was wibbling about picking up one of the Gregori Watchers listed in the store, Arithon, and eventually took the dive...was excited and waiting and all that-and, when the package finally arrived, M was in it instead. :p He connected pretty quick, tho (I can't hear him, yet, though...) but I did get a distinct feeling of being touched (more like a push to go to sleep, really) soon after he arrived, so he was a very good match, and I can't really say if Arithon'd have been better or worse...but apparently M was a better match-up for me, and he's pretty awesome. : )

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Aw, well at least you did get a good match, i'm happy it turned out well for you. Makes me wonder though, if you bought from a seller that only had the one listed and it didn't want to go, how that would feel because I guess all they could do is refund you. That would be a worse feeling I guess.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Truth be told, I don't mind rejection.I have had spirits reject my offer for a home..I am okay with that, and send them much love and good wishes..It's really not a bad thing, if you put yourself in the spirits place.Think about it as a matching service or an adoption. My major fear is to bring home an unhappy spirit..Magnolia, can attest to all my requests when I order a spirit.The number one request, is that they send me the spirit that wants to be with me the most. Plus I check of the option to allow CH to substitute any spirit request with a spirit that will go better for me..I have yet to be disappointed.

I'd rather not have a spirit that is not meant for me ..This is why it's great to have someone tell us the truth..It's all about both parties being happy..I for one, would rather see the spirit I liked in his true home..Instead of being unhappy in mine..I'm just glad most spirits and sellers offer custom conjurations and tons of other spirits and services.

WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I agree, I always check the replacement box too as I wouldn't want a spirit to be unhappy being sent here. I would want to be told if a spirit didn't want to come but I still think I might be upset a bit, but that's just me, I know I can be over sensitive at times. Still the main thing is they go to a good home and everyone is happy :thumbup:

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

WILDNFREE wrote:I agree, I always check the replacement box too as I wouldn't want a spirit to be unhappy being sent here. I would want to be told if a spirit didn't want to come but I still think I might be upset a bit, but that's just me, I know I can be over sensitive at times. Still the main thing is they go to a good home and everyone is happy :thumbup:
You do feel sad..I did the first time I got a rejection..Then I thought about how things are not meant to be and how that spirit would be in his home of choice..To feel otherwise would be greedy and wrong of me..When there were tons of spirits that would have been happy to come with me..Hell who knows, maybe the spirit didn't like my diggs or my wardrobe..lol

If anything, it makes me appreciate the spirits I do have. The ones that came to me on their own because they wanted to be with me..I am very much grateful and appreciative for their love and trust.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”