Do spirits get jealous, angry, depressed?

AstralPhreak
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: angry
If I could be anything, I would be...: elf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Krla' sn
Zodiac:

I am confused. Everything i read said that spirits are just as emotional as us humans,like Goryo or Jinn and they can get angry, happy and their feelings are much stronger then ours. But everytime a spirit came into my dreams it was a pleasant feeling. 1spt

Astral project yourself into the unknown and open them chakras!
MoonSpiritBoutique
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandra Melitta
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:I feel that spirits and entities can get jealous, angry, and depressed, oh definitely. I've experienced it.

But of all the spirits that are in my keep, only one of them has ever expressed slight jealousy, and it was my Carpathian Vampire getting a little envious that I was so infatuated with my Naga when he first arrived. It lasted all of two days, and then they were very civil with each other. I stayed completely out of it until they got over their differences.

I feel that most spirits who want to be bound know what they are getting into when you tell them your house rules and inform them of the other spirits in your keep. It should be the conjurer's and keeper's job to make the spirits aware of the situations that are centered in the household before they are bound. If there are multiple lover spirits already bound to the keeper, a new lover should understand that he or she is not the solely committed significant other being bound to the keeper. I've never run across a problem with jealousy besides my Carpathian, but it was nothing a couple days of settling down couldn't fix.

It's healthy for spirits to express how they are feeling to their keepers. It keeps us up to date on what's going on with them. Keeps us in the loop so that we can help them if there's an issue. However, acting upon that jealousy to create a negative effect is usually a no-no over here.

With unbounds it's different. They're not bound, so they can do whatever they want outside of the house rules that are set in place within the home concerning them.
I wish there was a 'like' button! I completely agree, Lu. <3

laneybug7
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ivy Soleil

I have twelve human spirits between the ages of 4-32 all living in dolls. From what I've experienced and just through communication, I have had spirits who were sad or a bit angry. Most of the time it's not anything that I'm doing or another spirit, but simply because their lives were cut short or pent up energy. Many of them passed due to illness or a tragedy. For instance, the other night I could tell from the look in one of their eyes that she was sad. Something I was doing reminded her of something she missed out on.

In terms of anger, I've had one experience with a spirit who was killed by her abusive husband. When I talked to her about him, I could feel this heaviness type of energy in my chest. So I quickly ended that. Fortunately, that was it in regards to anger or frustration. I'm sure they could feel jealousy too, but I haven't had experience with that. When I get new ones, I first and foremost run it by them and then ask them to be kind to the new additions....which luckily I've had no trouble with so far. One of the kids being a twelve year old, felt a little left out when another spirit (14) started getting close with another. But she got over it pretty fast and they all get along very well. I refer to them as a little family. They may have disagreements or annoy each other as living families do and that's fine as long as they are respectful and peaceful. That's my main house rule. They can do whatever they like as long as they don't harm me, any objects or items, and to be kind and respectful to one another. It's been working out fine so far. For the most part they are very pleasant, happy or simply neutral.

In my family: 14 spirited dolls, 1 aubres faerie, 2 butterfly faerie, 1 sun dragon, 1 white dragon, 1 brass dragon,1 camelot faerie, 1 vermilion dragon,1 unicorn, 1 star faerie,1 pixie, 1 mermaid, 1 phoenix,1 gold dragon, and 1 pegasus

On the way: , 1 red dragon, 1 asenne faerie,1 green dragon, , 2 stering angels, 1 merman, 1 silver dragon, 1 high elf, 1 brownyn angel, 1 waif fae, and 1 woodland faerie,' ;)

Spirit Keeper for life!
Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Bump!

Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

I am pretty sure Ubis can get pissy and pouty. My Divine Angel was upset when I started bringing DA in, but she is still working with me, and I think it was a misunderstanding on my part. On the whole, they are very patient with me.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

Are emotions stronger in astral living entities?

Jafora
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Blue Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Jafora Fenicai

From what I have experienced, yes, they can get angry, jealous, depressed etc.
REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:It's healthy for spirits to express how they are feeling to their keepers. It keeps us up to date on what's going on with them. Keeps us in the loop so that we can help them if there's an issue. However, acting upon that jealousy to create a negative effect is usually a no-no over here.
I really do agree with this, well said Lu!

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

::bump::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

::bump:: ::included::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

No.

Not at all the way people may think.
Spirits are dead. They are dead. The dead can exhibit emotion, but this emotion is based on what was endured and exerted in life. When they experience something similar to what was dealt in their lives, it is possible for them to exhibit a response based on that in line with what they knew and developed in life. They make relations, connections, which can draw something out of their past.
However, the spirits you WANT to be keeping and most of you would be keeping, are those which have transitioned and transcended their inhibiting or otherwise 'raw-impacted traits'.

This is why many DA beings for instance who are more on the malicious side in life, can be safely 'kept' after death. Many beings who are predators to us in life, are 'softened' (affectivity-wise) in spirit as their life-drive is not there. They are not living beings, they do not need to produce the things that are necessary in life, or to be nourished the same way. They have died, and the *essence* of who they were remains and can be interactive.
Understand however, in death you change. You do not remain what you were, you transition into a new form of self - which is the embodying spirit. Afterlife transitioning is a huge deal which I rarely see anyone discuss or explore. It's something I personally have studied, following people from their moment of death and through transition, checking up step by step, seeing the changes they have gone through and what that means for a spirit. So I can tell you this from experience (believe me or not). Also, it's completely fascinating.

This is very difficult to explain unless you understand the distinction between the living and the dead, as well as the newly dead and transitioned dead, and/or have worked extensively with the dead. There are many 'types' of dead. If you're just interested in keeping spirits chances are you're not going to get the ins and outs of all this. It is extremely EASY to misperceive the actions, intentions, ways of a spirit. Much is lost in translation, and when we feel or experience certain energies from a spirit we - as living humans - can translate them as things like jealousy, anger, depression. That's the simplest conclusion, one I would find unfair to settle upon.

If you want to totally understand then really get to know these spirits, do not make presumptions and be willing to dig a little deeper than basic back and forth.

A spirit can hold onto energy from life that gives them a depressive, angry, or jealous nature.. this doesn't mean they are 'getting' that way as a result of things going on now in their spiritual state (ie interactions with you). For some it was such a vital part of who they are that it will never be released. For many, it is eventually worked through where they fall into a state of purity - no reactory energies like this to inhibit their interactions. (Also understand a distinction between useless/reactory energies and individual personality - the personality is retained).

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”